PDA

View Full Version : M900 rear rose joints

CarloL
20-06-2017, 12:17 PM
I just need two of these? Recommendations please, anything else I can change while doing the rear shock?

http://m.ebay.ie/itm/180765443779?_mwBanner=1

RossObey01
20-06-2017, 04:09 PM
When you take the rocker arm off there are a couple of shafts that would benefit from a clean up and regressed of the bearings.

Picture here... http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showpost.php?p=543073&postcount=80

Darkness
20-06-2017, 04:23 PM
I just need two of these? Recommendations please, anything else I can change while doing the rear shock?

http://m.ebay.ie/itm/180765443779?_mwBanner=1

When you take the old ones off, make sure you keep the bolt bushes from the centres of the joint. They are available new at about €10 each if you lose them [ 71210081A] and the bolts would rattle horribly without them!!! :biggrin:

Darren69
20-06-2017, 05:35 PM
Get some Luigi Moto ride height spacers to jack the rear up a bit and remove the rear bias.

CarloL
20-06-2017, 06:45 PM
Thanks lads!

CarloL
20-06-2017, 06:48 PM
When you take the old ones off, make sure you keep the bolt bushes from the centres of the joint. They are available new at about €10 each if you lose them [ 71210081A] and the bolts would rattle horribly without them!!! :biggrin:

When you take the rocker arm off there are a couple of shafts that would benefit from a clean up and regressed of the bearings.

Picture here... http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showpost.php?p=543073&postcount=80

How do you find the Nitron in comparison

Is it worth getting new bearings too?

RossObey01
20-06-2017, 07:09 PM
I wouldn't worry about changing the bearings unless they don't run freely when you've got it off. There's not much movement on the bearings so I just turned the shaft 180deg. in the bearings so it wasn't on the same side and regreased the needles.

Nitron is great, but I haven't had enough riding time to get it properly tweaked yet. Taken a lot of that laden sag out and given much better feedback.

Darren69
20-06-2017, 07:24 PM
I would counter argue that if you have something apart to replace one major part then its probably worth replacing the secondary parts just in case, even if they don't need it, while you're in there. True the rod ends and bushings don't see much rotational wear but the may wear in one spot and while rotating them may suffice, whats £40 for new ones, when you're fitting a £500 odd quid hi spec shock?

When I did my shock upgrade to Ohlins I changed the rod ends/tie bar and all the rocker and shock bolts/pins and bushes/top hats to new Ti ones. Why? Well I might as well as they are better than standard (lighter unsprung weight, for most) for a start and I don't have to worry about them for a good few years and for the extra money it was worth it I felt. That's just me being anal maybe.

And BTW it was about £200 for the Ti pins and £100 for the rod end/tie bar, if you decide to go that option?

CarloL
20-06-2017, 07:25 PM
I wouldn't worry about changing the bearings unless they don't run freely when you've got it off. There's not much movement on the bearings so I just turned the shaft 180deg. in the bearings so it wasn't on the same side and regreased the needles.

Nitron is great, but I haven't had enough riding time to get it properly tweaked yet. Taken a lot of that laden sag out and given much better feedback.

I find when I put down the power she squirms/wiggles underneath me , Tires are one of the top Marque Michelin's , it has to be suspension

Could you fully compresses the old suspension on the road, over a bump at moderate speed/ or by just pressing the seat down stationary ?

Did you find it improved any of these characteristics ?

CarloL
20-06-2017, 07:31 PM
I would counter argue that if you have something apart to replace one major part then its probably worth replacing the secondary parts just in case, even if they don't need it, while you're in there. True the rod ends and bushings don't see much rotational wear but the may wear in one spot and while rotating them may suffice, whats £40 for new ones, when you're fitting a £500 odd quid hi spec shock?

When I did my shock upgrade to Ohlins I changed the rod ends/tie bar and all the rocker and shock bolts/pins and bushes/top hats to new Ti ones. Why? Well I might as well as they are better than standard (lighter unsprung weight, for most) for a start and I don't have to worry about them for a good few years and for the extra money it was worth it I felt. That's just me being anal maybe.

And BTW it was about £200 for the Ti pins and £100 for the rod end/tie bar, if you decide to go that option?

Could I ask you a huge favour ,
Do you have links to where to get these and part numbers :)

I am of the same thinking

Darren69
20-06-2017, 07:47 PM
All Ti parts were from:-

https://tpoparts.com/cat093/

Enjoy, that was when we had a decent exhange rate for US dollars, still not cheap. Not sure if there is a Euro supplier for the same stuff. Maybe try Kaemna?