PDA

View Full Version : Safe Rider Courses in Norfolk.

Mr Gazza
19-06-2017, 05:20 PM
Andy Micklethwaite, Norfolk's Road Safety Officer (Motorcycles), Has been in touch with me regarding availability of the Safe Rider courses.
These dates will disappear very soon when they are published, so act quickly if you are interested.

Course #8. Thurs 14th Sept 1900 to 2130 and Sat 23rd Sept 0900 to 1400.

Course #9. Wed 27th Sept 1900 to 2130 and Sat 30th Sept 0900 to 1400

Course #10. Wed 27th Sept 1900 to 2130 and Sun 8th Oct 0900 to 1400

The weekday evening dates are classroom sessions which are very informal and crammed with useful info and tips.
The weekend dates are the best as they involve a blast round some of Norfolk's finest roads in the close company of a Police motorcyclist on his "work" bike.

I went on one of these courses last year and it was the best thing I ever did. 42 years of riding bikes and I learned loads and had so much fun too.

If a couple sign up for the same dates I will sign up again too, and make it a club outing... Which will be even more fun.

These courses are £50 and well worth every penny. You can download a form here http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/motorcyclist/ or I can email you a form.

Mr Gazza
19-06-2017, 05:41 PM
Any queries about the above.. Don't hesitate to contact me.

I can also heartily recommend the "Hugger's Challenge"
I followed up the Safe Rider Course last year, with one of these sessions.

This is on an exclusively 1:1 basis with a Police motorcyclist or Andy himself (in my case).
It can cover any ground you choose and Andy is also incredibly flexible about the timing.
I basically chose the date and time, and he agreed!

It was a great afternoon out ( I made sure and picked some nice weather).
These guys all love bikes and they don't hang about when they take the lead.
It's a brilliant way to learn how to make your motorcycling career a long one.

"Hugger's Challenge" is £43. For details contact Andy directly on andy(DOT)Micklethwaite(AT)Norfolk(DOT)gov(DOT)uk

After the course you also get a full written report of your riding and areas to improve. Plus a bag of goodies including a Hugger neck warmer which is actually rather good!

Mr Gazza
19-06-2017, 05:59 PM
Andy originally contacted me to say that the i2i Motorcycle Academy would be returning with it's courses, to (former) RAF Coltishall.

Unfortunately they didn't run them last year due to permission wrangles at Coltishall.

These are less roadcraft based and are aimed purely at machine handling, how to get the best out of your bike and explore it's limits.

There are 4 courses available including one aimed at those who want to get more out of a track day (The knee down course).

These are £150 and are in short supply due to last years overspill, but get your name down now, even if you don't get a place till next year.

More info and contact details here.. http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/motorcyclist/

Mr Gazza
24-06-2017, 05:18 PM
I have just heard back from the i2i motorcycle academy confirming their course dates for this year.

There are 8 dates from Mon 7th Aug to Thurs 28th sept... All on week days.

This is privileged information to people who have registered an interest and I can email this to anyone who fancies a go.
The details will appear on facebook on tues 27th june and will likely be snapped up very quickly. So contact me before Tuesday to be sure of a place.

Obviously no need to apply if you already know it all..:rolleyes: