PDA

View Full Version : Hi from a Scotsman in the West Midlands

Jimi216
27-04-2017, 08:36 AM
Hi from a Scotsman living in the West Midlands!

I have a 2013 Monster 1100evo from new and love it to bits. I genuinely just pop into the garage with a brew and admire the bike.

My first Ducati after riding jap bikes, sports and cruisers, but it won't be my last.

Not really done much to the stock bike, 14T front sprocket and the DP tail tidy but looking at 'making it mine' with some mods.

Any suggestions would be warmly appreciated.

boris
27-04-2017, 02:22 PM
Welcome James from a fellow EVO-ite (and tea & garage voyer). Everyone on here has their favourite model, but for me the EVO is a peach, especially once you've sorted out the low speed running. It's a true grin inducer. Top advice - disable your fleabay account now :woot:

bazread
27-04-2017, 05:57 PM
Welcome to the forum and to owning an Evo. I have not been able to stop modding mine, I kinda wish there was no such thing as Carbon Fibre. My best mods include new ohlins rear shock and O2 eliminators. Next is an ECU reflash by Neil at Cornerspeed.

Darren69
27-04-2017, 06:42 PM
Hello and welcome. I'd say if you were considering mods then now would be the ideal time to do it. I did loads to my '02 S4 5 years ago and got some great stuff stupidly cheap, that now would cost a bomb as a lot of it is no longer made and rare so prices are mad. The 1100 is now in that window where the stuff is still easily available and sensibly priced. Plenty of Ducati Performance bits still knocking around too.

Jimi216
30-04-2017, 04:06 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome and for the good advice!

Jimi216
02-05-2017, 03:29 PM
Boris from Forres, been up your neck of the woods many a time with the RAF. Beautiful part of the country and i know for a fact your tea will be much better than mine down here in the West Midlands! I do miss the Scottish water!