PDA

View Full Version : Handlebar fairing - how much to respray?

04-03-2004, 04:56 PM
Says it all I think ladies and gentlemen.... does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to get a handlebar fairing resprayed?

And how much to buy new (Ducati original* for 2002 bike, not aftermarket type)? Yeah I know, phone your local dealer... just being lazy...

* - I take I mean OEM - but what does that stand for anyway?

Thanks.

NattyBoy
04-03-2004, 05:05 PM
I was quoted £80 (wed have to buy in the special paint in blah blah!!!).....if you PM Bluefoot, he has a lovely ally jobber that is red already..be quick mind..think hes buggering off abroad to work..

Nat

robht
04-03-2004, 05:17 PM
If you want a standard colour, you'll be surprised how cheap you can buy the fairing ready painted.

On Spareshack's price list of Ducati parts, a fairing is aroud £65 (ex vat), this is just the plastic part, doesn't include screen & firttings.

Might work out cheaper than a respray...

Cheers,
rob

CK & AK
04-03-2004, 05:57 PM
2 years ago a genuine Ducati complete screen, fairing & fixings was £130 inc vat, as got quoted for my M750ie 2002 bike, Suequently got one, but cheaper, as I twisted the dealers arms lots:D
The 1000 came with one:D

C

gary tompkins
04-03-2004, 08:10 PM
Been ringing around for a new standard screen recently, and the cheapest price I got quoted was £115 incl. from Daytona's. Other dealers wanted between £150 and £180 incl.

BTW its worth bearing in mind the matt dark finish is a bit cheaper if your going to spray to match a non-standard paintjob.

In the end I managed to blag a good 2nd hand one for £75 (thanks Dave in Dorset) which is in the process of being sprayed up, along with a new tail cover and the belly pan which needed a few repairs.

My whole respray cost £150 last February - but then I know a very nice man with a definate knack for painting :D

Billy Bigwheels
04-03-2004, 08:57 PM
OEM is other equipment manufacturer I think

Bunny
04-03-2004, 09:10 PM
OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer, as in not a pattern part

A Yerbury
04-03-2004, 09:11 PM
also bear in mind that the matt black -despite being cheaper- is trickier -ergo more pricey-to respray (a bloke said so down the pub...)

07-03-2004, 12:23 PM
I was going to bid on a damaged fairing on Ebay - it went for nearly £90...

then got outbid on another in America, perfect, went for just over the £100. As the buyer wouldn't post to the UK, so I'd have had to pay for it to be posted to a mate in the US and then again to get here, it didn't seem worth it (and I was the highest bidder when I went to bed!).

I'll keep looking, there's no hurry.

Thanks again though.

spacemonkey
07-03-2004, 04:32 PM
But it looks sooo much nicer without it, and you really don't need it.

spacemonkey
08-03-2004, 06:18 PM
"My whole respray cost £150 last February - but then I know a very nice man with a definate knack for painting "

Really? Would he like to put some incredibly gloss black paint all over mine??