PDA

View Full Version : Monster 600 exhaust link pipes

V3nners
14-04-2017, 05:53 PM
Hi all I'd like to change my exhaust to a high level exhaust on my 600 Monster I thought about buying the exhaust cans and link pipes in a kit but these seem a bit pricey to me, does anyone know where you can buy the link pipes if you can that is?

Darren69
15-04-2017, 12:55 PM
Expect to pay about £500-600 and upwards for a decent set of high level cans and link pipes (Arrow/Sil Motor/Mivv etc) and more for Termignonis. S/hand sets do come up once in a while but again you're probably looking at £2-300.

Have you tried Max(Pompone) DPP? It seems he can get most things exhaust made to order although I doubt you'll be able to reuse your standard cans with such a setup.

http://www.desmoperformanceparts.com/

V3nners
15-04-2017, 02:52 PM
Thanks Darren69 I have found some link pipes for around £90 I also found some cans for £250 I like the Mivv kit but your right around £600 for those I've also got in touch with a local company who build exhausts and am awaiting their quote.

Darren69
15-04-2017, 03:12 PM
Sounds about in the ball park for s/hand. If they're new then that's a real bargain. No such thing as cheap aftermarket exhausts for Ducati, I'm afraid. They tend to be dearer because you've twice as much hardware to start with and they need to be able to withstand the battering a big twin will give it. Most cheapo cans will most likely just blow apart after so long on a Duke unless you buy Yoshi or similar high quality.

Chriswilly
09-05-2017, 02:42 PM
Just for info - I bought a pair of 'Silmoto' silencers from a M600 - not the ultimate setup but sound reasonable and look good I thought -they fitted into the existing system without any 'links'.
Bit of a fumble getting the boxes connected to the bike but clamped them to the rear 'grab rail' (don't take pillions) I thought £60.00 was reasonable.

Still have a pair of original M900 silencers for free!