PDA

View Full Version : cans with bungs

DesmoDog
04-03-2004, 02:54 PM
I recall some cans that had twin ports with a neat little key so you could plug one and they became raod legal 9mighty handy come MOT).

Cant for the life of me remember if they were blue flames or Arts, but I cant find the things anywhere.

Anyone know, and does anyone have any experience of em?

Dog:confused:

grunter
04-03-2004, 02:58 PM
trouble with mots with any cans on?

spacemonkey
04-03-2004, 03:32 PM
I am at the moment.
Mine are fecking loud and have nowt stamped on them whatsoever. Was recommended by Tony at 2 4 Italia to go to a place in Boringmouth that he sends his work to. He failed it on Noisy cans (and the rear disc-now fixed thankyou!) with no BS stampings. My dad phoned when the guy was standing next to me filling the fail form and I told him I was surrounded by a sea of noisy illegal R1's that he passed (they make they're own custom exhausts-and bloody tasty they are too) but mine failed. We agreed later that if Tony says he has a legal set in his shop (which he does!) he will pass them..... Tomorrow I will find out!

grunter
04-03-2004, 04:39 PM
apple in slough or another one i have the number for pass with cans no problems

spidermonkey
04-03-2004, 08:09 PM
des they are blueflames, i have a set of the none legal ones which sound great , not sure on legal ones but there sapost to be easy to do.
hope that helps steve

slug
04-03-2004, 10:56 PM
Yep, I reacall seeing an advert or reading somewhere that the Blueflame cans had a removable bit to quieten them down

AndyPandy
05-03-2004, 10:10 AM
Just got some Marving carbon ovals from Stuart at the "Shack of Spares" which are road legal (euro stamp thing next to the spout etc) - "hey presto, job done but maybe a little on the boring side" you may be thinking.

The sneaky bit is that underneath is a little bolt which has had a tack weld to stop it's removal - this, apparently, was necessary to get approval... So, (and I know you're in front of me now) gently file the welds, open up the cans, remove the baffles, reassemble, store baffles in a "cool dry place" and as they say Bob's your easy peasy uncle...

Life shouldn't be complicated, now should it?

....but you guys probably already knew this..!