PDA

View Full Version : high level cans and suspension hoop

d.man
09-04-2017, 03:09 PM
I have fitted a set of Arrows high level carbon cans on my 1994 m900. They look and sound great :)

I have noticed however that on the offside can, the suspension hoop is rubbing on the exhaust upright.
I have tried refitting, but always end up with the same scenario.

Any thoughts

Cheers all

Darkness
09-04-2017, 05:39 PM
Photo's may help reveal what is the problem?

Albie
09-04-2017, 05:49 PM
Spacers possibly needed like termis do on the footrest hanger brackets Sils have provided recesses on there's

d.man
09-04-2017, 06:12 PM
I cant provide pictures at the moment, as i have removed various bits.

However, when looking from behind the bike the nearside exhaust upright leans in by approx 5 degrees whereas the offside leans in by 10 degrees or so. It is clearly visible to see. Also, both uprights nearly touch the foothangers.

I was thinking spacers would be needed, but will then need longer mounting bolts - which i am struggling to find.

Albie
09-04-2017, 06:17 PM
That's where Termignoni excel proving spacers and longer bolts when selling the kits Doesn't always happen on second or third hand sales as to why this question is common.

d.man
13-04-2017, 08:40 AM
Problem solved.
After a lot of phoning around, Arrows no longer make these cans for the m900 and also there is no fitting kit. The place i got them from advised they haven't had problems before and usually Arrows are a direct replacement.
Back to square one.

I removed the cans, loosened the exhaust manifold fittings and the vertical cylinder downpipe fitting to the main exhaust system. I noticed that i could turn the vertical pipe a little which affected the angles of the side fittings (where the cans slip on).

I lined them up and fitted the Arrows; then tightened everything up. Added a couple of spacer washers on the bracket from the footpeg hangers.
Hey presto - success