PDA

View Full Version : New rubber

Evostu
09-04-2017, 12:26 PM
Hi all,just fitted a set of Michelin pilot road 3s to my monster 1100 evo,scrubbed them in on a 150 mile tootle ,already feel better than the old Pirelli s that were on when got the bike,if anyone is interested I ll keep you posted on how they perform

Fat Pete
09-04-2017, 07:43 PM
I had Road Pilot 3s on my Honda Hornet and found them to be really good in the wet, gave me loads of confidence. I could lean it over and they just gripped with no hint of breaking away.
If you ride a lot in the wet these are the tyres to have.

DukeSixNineSix
11-04-2017, 09:17 AM
Just ordered a set of new shoes for my 696, went for the Michelin Pilot Power 3s. I'll let you know my thoughts, as I'd also considered the Pilot 3s.

Evostu
11-04-2017, 10:50 AM
Be interesting to see comparison between them...mine will be used mainly on country roads

boris
11-04-2017, 10:54 AM
Last year I put Pilot Road 4s on the EVO. Still can't get over how good they are compared to the OEM Pirelli's. I found the Pirellis down right scary as they became worn, white lines were a nightmare and wet slides resulted in several undies replacement..

Evostu
11-04-2017, 11:31 AM
Nothing worse than underwear replacement due to slippery moments..I know the pr4s are the latest rubber but I thought I'd try the now cheaper 3s just in case didn't like them lol...

Darren69
11-04-2017, 12:12 PM
The Pirelli Rosso Corsas are great in the dry and probably the best thing since race rubber, but on a cold damp road or in rain, sh!t you have to slow way down or they will slide about a bit. that's the feeling I got from them and I didn't want to push them.

boris
11-04-2017, 01:25 PM
Darren, cold damp roads, and of course rain, are par for the course up in this part of the world hence bye-bye to the Pirellis when the time came. Saying that, when i swapped them there was still plenty of life in the tread but i was finding myself more focusing on what the back end was doing than the road ahead, just couldn't live with them anymore..

Uncle Bob
11-04-2017, 02:14 PM
Another vote here for the PR4s. Sure, the Rosso Corsas (and suchlike) have got that oh so cool tread pattern that bring that 'I'm a riding god with massive testes' vibe, but my goodness what a revelation the PR4s are! Yeah OK they look really weird at first, but if you can get past that you'll be laughing. Literally.

SunEye
12-04-2017, 10:50 AM
I really liked the PR3 on my evo. I had no confidence in the stock Pirellis in the cold or wet. Below 15 C I found them to be a bit slippery. The PR3 I could pretty much ride the same wet or dry, 5 C to 40 C.