PDA

View Full Version : Regional Meet 14th March

Duncan
04-03-2004, 03:15 PM
Dear all

The weather is getting remarkably springlike and its time to start the region back up.

Lunchtime 14th March, there will be a Glos area meet at the Waggon and Horses, Thrupp nr Stroud. Julian will be catering in his usual style.

I have asked the other local area reps if their groups are interested in a ride in and whilst some have other commitments, there should be a few headed across.

There is some serious business to attend to.

We need to hear what you all want to do and where you want ride outs to go .

We need also to discuss the stand organisation for Bristol show in August.

We also need people to get involved in the organising of things.

So its in all of your interests to get along.

Duncan

JR
05-03-2004, 09:55 AM
Dunc,

If you intend doing a "long" route up to Stroud next Sunday I will flirt over your way and join you.

JR

Duncan
05-03-2004, 11:05 AM
JR Thats a good idea. Why go the direct way when theres all those undulating twisties to explore instead.

NattyBoy
05-03-2004, 01:03 PM
should be ther chaps!

Fredcat
05-03-2004, 05:57 PM
Dunc,

Hi, hows it going? Now that the sun has come out I am thinking of blowing the cobwebs off the old Duck and coming out to play.

If I in the country next weekend I would like to come on the run to Stroud. Please let me know what time you are thinking of leaving etc.

Fred:bunny: :burnout:

Duncan
05-03-2004, 06:08 PM
Hey Fredcat, Topcat good to see theres life in the old dog yet.

Anyone wanting to ride up from Bristol, meet 11am, Shell garage on the Badminton Rd, just where it meets the ring road by the Willy Wicket pub.

Fredcat
08-03-2004, 01:53 PM
Duncan, please note I have changed my mobile number!!!! See you on Sunday.

Fred the old dog (cat)!!!!

NattyBoy
08-03-2004, 06:17 PM
what time will thee be meeting at public house then ???

Are phoenix and her lot coming over ??? May be monsterless as carbs still playing up....but big bruv could do with an airing anyway !!!!

Nat

Julie
08-03-2004, 06:28 PM
Hi

The MIDLANDS lot are having a meet and run on the same day, how far away are you from Hinkley?

Julie

NattyBoy
08-03-2004, 06:38 PM
Duncan whaddyer reckon ... I said about 1.5 hrs steady eddie ??? Be good to see them wouldnt it...what other groups are riding in mate?? Have told Julie about the delight that is our very own ducati pub !!!

Nat

Duncan
08-03-2004, 06:49 PM
Nat

Phoenix is otherwise engaged on Sunday but our delightful hosts will be back at the Waggon following a weeks hols.

Hinckley is about 1hr 15 mins away from the Waggon up the A46 but some people riding in have already come an hour from further south and its a lot to ask them to ride up that far (and back) in March when the weather can change by the hour, hence the pub meet in the first place.

Its a good suggestion for when the weather warms up a bit and the days lengthen. We also have an invite to deepest Devon to meet Pauls lot and another to Wales so lets plan it in .

Julie
08-03-2004, 06:50 PM
ok i agree, so lets keep it in mind for warmer days?

Duncan
11-03-2004, 02:19 PM
Brrrr its cold today but the weather forecast for Sunday, never better.

Wet at first but brightening in the morning to 14c and sunny so looks like we could get a ride out. Castle Combe for afternoon teas?

NattyBoy
11-03-2004, 02:30 PM
Oh yes...:bunny: !!!

Pity your not coming Julie..we could have made plans for our trip to see HM (private joke eh ??!!!))

What time we meeting at thrupp Duncan ??

Cheers
Nat

Bunny
11-03-2004, 02:45 PM
Dinner time I hope !!

Duncan
11-03-2004, 03:13 PM
12 0nwards for dinner.

Spoke to Julian today, hes back from hols, got a couple of good beers on and theres pork and lamb on the roast menu.

Nat

I cant promise the real Julie, but I can order you one of these.

Julie Doll (http://www.dollinfo.com/wowjulie.htm)

NattyBoy
11-03-2004, 03:22 PM
How tall is she ?? If under 5'10" the of no use im afraid...:D

Nat

Bunny - dont forget my sealing washer mate !!!

Bunny
11-03-2004, 03:43 PM
Nat - washer is avoiding me at the moment - as in wherethehelldidiputit ?
If I can't find it Saturday, I'll post it up Monday or Tuesday, I know it's there, but with the engine out of mine, things are a bit on top of each other (until my new shed arrives)
See ya for dinner

JR
11-03-2004, 07:01 PM
Hope you got the weather forecast right Dunc - last one I heard was for "warm and wet" on Sunday.

JR

snakey
12-03-2004, 10:22 AM
Hi Duncan

Will try to make it , but i'm going to a party tonight and may not be in a fit state to ride anywhere on sunday.

Pete.

Duncan
13-03-2004, 04:17 PM
A quick update on today.

11am when we met up and JR and me turned up in full waterproofs. It was lashing with rain and blowing a gale.

Despite this we managed a 30 mile ride to the Waggon where Julian and Karen welcomed us with a good meal. Then Nat rolled in - by car!!! but at least he made it.

A bit late but about 2.30 the skies cleared and by 3pm managed to get a ride home on drying roads.

For those who never made it, Bunny, not surprised it was torrential rain and you had a long ride, the rest of you missed some great food and drink and company.

Will put together a list of ride out dates soon.

D

JR
13-03-2004, 10:04 PM
Dunc I just new would turn out, no matter what the weather!
We had a good blast despite the rain and wind - roll on summer.

JR