PDA

View Full Version : Ukmoc Track Day - Poster

Dark-Jon
03-03-2004, 08:20 PM
Is this any good?

Track day poster (http://monster.feralyards.co.uk/track_day.doc)

Let me know what you think, any alterations, anything I missed or spelt wrong etc. All subject to FB's approval of course

Dark-Jon :)

Edit - Why img tags not working properely? I have the image on my own webspace but the image tags simply put it in as a url link??

fatbloke
03-03-2004, 09:07 PM
GOOD its ****ing brilliant!!!

Banshee
03-03-2004, 09:15 PM
I will forward to Craig at Ducati Coventry.

Julie
03-03-2004, 09:17 PM
I'll send it to Ducati Lincoln

NattyBoy
03-03-2004, 09:29 PM
'kin ell jon..that is class...circulated to ducati owners club.

Nat

Dark-Jon
03-03-2004, 10:06 PM
No, send this one, its a word doc and will be much better quality than just the jpeg

Track Day Poster (http://monster.feralyards.co.uk/track_day.doc) (Right click, Save Target As..)

Its got no macros enabled or anything like that and I updated my AV today so you will be fine. I've set it to zero printer margins, so when people print, just click ok to any warnings and should print to the max the printer can do. Its A4 btw

Dark-Jon

Dave Pearson
04-03-2004, 05:09 AM
Thats a first class job you've done there Jon!I'll drop some into Riders Bridgwater later today.
I'll try and get some down to Bridge Motorcycles Exeter as well.

Billy Bigwheels
04-03-2004, 07:17 AM
Dark jon. dark horse more like, that's really cool.
Don't have a decent colour copy facility myself but I've had a word with my mate at the local Kall Kwik. He's a fellow biker (not dukes) but is gonna run off 40 A4 colour copies free of charge.
They will have to have a 10mm white border at the edges but for FOC who cares.
If anyone wants to use this thread to get me to send them one saying which dealership etc they will get it put in (just to stop duplication), then i'm happy to post em out.
Don't take the **** though peeps, please only ask if it's gonna get used to promote the UKMOC and the track day.

04-03-2004, 08:05 AM
Please don't take this the wrong way, really excellent, but small typo towards then end of the text
".............................aswell as ........"

Looks brilliant. Bet Chris is a bit chuffed with himself too!! :D

NattyBoy
04-03-2004, 08:26 AM
Thought that was you Chris you tart !!!! B***y 'ell Jon, you know how to confuse a stupid person..margins, macros, jpegs..erm..my head hurts!!!!

Cheers
Nat

Dark-Jon
04-03-2004, 09:14 AM
Hehe, oh yeah Proto, never was good with those sorts of words, aswell or as well, goto or go to etc. Only got a C in English GCSE :)

Dark jon. dark horse more like, um, its my job to do this sort of stuff and it didnt take to long really, hence the spelling mistake, lol.

Ok, I've uploaded a new one with the corrected spelling, but I dont think most people will notice it anyway :D

As for the whole margin thing, thats why i kept it a mostly white background, only a few printers will do edge to edge printing anyhow

Dark-Jon :bunny:

automa
04-03-2004, 04:44 PM
Dark Jon great poster, just printed it of and put a copy in the car window :lol:

Chris
04-03-2004, 08:22 PM
Photo too big......

Chris
04-03-2004, 08:24 PM
Lost the last message, should have said....

Fame at last!! :D

and I didn't even have to dress up as Lara Croft :D

Maybe I should go in for a Ducati People advert, but if my head gets any bigger I'l need a new helmet!!!

BoozyBOB
07-03-2004, 03:50 PM
posters up in Snell's at Alton and Bridge in Andover...(who have a Ducati SALE on...might get that 800 yet.)....

Natty they have a gray/red wheels S4R....mmm suit you sir..ehh

NattyBoy
07-03-2004, 04:07 PM
After you dear Robert....:lol: :lol: What colour 800 would you go anyway??
Nat

Dark-Jon
07-03-2004, 06:15 PM
Should be able to get one over to Daytona - Ruislip tomorrow. Anyone else had any success getting them up at other dealers?

(Boy is THAT open to interpretation!! :rolleyes: )

Anyway, you know what I mean. Anyone think of other places we can advertise? only 11 days left to get bookings in :eek:

Dark-Jon :burnout:

Julie
07-03-2004, 06:16 PM
I e-mailed it off to duati lincoln, i think they will put it up in the shop

McMONSTRO
07-03-2004, 07:29 PM
Anyone think of other places we can advertise? only 11 days left to get bookings in [/QUOTE]

Could allways try MCN they have a "whats on" section, or they may even do a write up on it? Cant be too many one model track days happening! Could be worth a phone call if it makes it all happen....!!!

McMonstro

automa
07-03-2004, 07:39 PM
ONLY £85 FOR SMALL ADD IN MCN

90 people cots less than £1 each for the advert

Dark-Jon
07-03-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by automa
ONLY £85 FOR SMALL ADD IN MCN

How small is small? Might be worth looking into though. Depends what FB says I suppose

Just had a squiz on the DucatiUk website, and the event is listed under their Events calander which is cool :)

Anyone got in contact with the bigger dealers? I can go over to On Yer Bike on wednesday, but what about Ducati Manchester and the central London ones etc? Might be worth a shot emailing them a copy and see if they'll put one up for us. How about somewhere like Box hill? Surely some Monsters go there that aren't members (yet).

Could always put one on the front of your helmet, that way everyone you see will know about it. Certainly be able to read it better when you crash :p

Dunno, brain storming/clutching at straws :D

Dark-Jon

automa
07-03-2004, 07:55 PM
about 3" X 2" the same as alot of trackday ads

Dark-Jon
07-03-2004, 08:09 PM
Would it be worth posting on other Monster Forums? Ducati Monster List or the Speedzilla Monster forums for example. I know they may be predominantly non UK owners, but you never know :)

Bored at work

Dark-Jon

Dark-Jon
07-03-2004, 08:24 PM
Ooh, another crazy idea. How about Fleabay?? Stay with me. How many people cruise eBay looking for Ducati bits, put up a new item with the title summint like 'DUCATI MONSTER TRACK DAY', the words Ducati & Monster will get them on the search bit, costs less than a quid, put a reserve of summint like £1million (if they win Im off on Holiday!) and give em info on the day. Dunno if it'd get caught by some of there policies, but say we're selling a fantastic day out ;) Seen other people use ebay for plain advertising before. What'd ya reckon?

Dark-Jon

NattyBoy
07-03-2004, 09:02 PM
Will give Rich from Louigi Moto a poster when I see him in the morning...

Ebay a great idea..how about it Terry..I dont mind volunteering to do it but wouldnt mind the nod first..

Nat

Dark-Jon
07-03-2004, 09:16 PM
I've just submitted it as News over at www.motorcycle.com apparently they have 14 other news submissions in waiting so we'll see. Might try and see if some other biking web sites will accept it as a news thingy. No harm in spreading the word at no cost :D

Dark-Jon

fatbloke
07-03-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Dark-Jon
Ooh, another crazy idea. How about Fleabay?? Stay with me. How many people cruise eBay looking for Ducati bits, put up a new item with the title summint like 'DUCATI MONSTER TRACK DAY', the words Ducati & Monster will get them on the search bit, costs less than a quid, put a reserve of summint like £1million (if they win Im off on Holiday!) and give em info on the day. Dunno if it'd get caught by some of there policies, but say we're selling a fantastic day out ;) Seen other people use ebay for plain advertising before. What'd ya reckon?

Dark-Jon

i like that i'll put it on tomorrow

BoozyBOB
07-03-2004, 11:42 PM
why not invite them allong for the 'exclusive' report on a one model track day....(wife is in promotions..anything for free)...there are other Mags that might take up the offer...
(have you looked at this option for promo Terry??)...just an idea..

Dark-Jon
08-03-2004, 03:18 PM
Ok, 2 posters are up at Daytona in Ruislip. Will hopefully get over to On Yer Bike tomorrow and do there too.

Dark-Jon :)

JMo
08-03-2004, 04:54 PM
Good idea Bob - although I would hope MCN have already been invited to cover the event (eh? club secretary?!) - although it would be nice to know it was definately going ahead before we invite them eh?

However, to help drum up some more entires - I think someone ought to let their newsdesk and/or events girlie know the details, and hopefully they should do a piece in the news pages somewhere... nice picture and a few choice words should do the trick.

xxx

JMo
08-03-2004, 05:05 PM
Hi Jon - could you also save the poster as a PDF or a document file that Macs can open (bloody PC .doc format, ahem)...

xxx

Dark-Jon
09-03-2004, 11:28 AM
Just for you and your Mac

Track Day Post Pdf (http://monster.feralyards.co.uk/track_day.pdf)

Why haven't you got office installed on the Mac?? Don't you know the rest of the un-educated masses still use PC's :rolleyes:

Dark-Jon :p

fatbloke
09-03-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by JMo
Hi Jon - could you also save the poster as a PDF or a document file that Macs can open (bloody PC .doc format, ahem)...

xxx

just for your information Jen
Microsoft Word,Excel & Powerpoint are availible for Macs I can
make you a copy if it would help.

Pedro
09-03-2004, 12:20 PM
How's about doing something similar just promoting to club in general to post up at our friendly Ducati Dealers. We.ve got CMW, Moto Rapido and 3X Motorcycles just here in the south and I'm sure there will be others.

Most dealers don't seem to mind this, whaddaya t'ink?

Ped

JMo
09-03-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Dark-Jon
Just for you and your Mac

Track Day Post Pdf (http://monster.feralyards.co.uk/track_day.pdf)

Why haven't you got office installed on the Mac?? Don't you know the rest of the un-educated masses still use PC's

Thanks Jon (although the Jpeg printed well enough, well for a shop window poster anyway). Infact DRC and I dropped a handful off at P&H Crawley and ProTwins today - in the sodding cold and snow! - see what we do for you guys huh?!

Don't have Office on my Mac, as it's bad enough having Outlook Express and Internet Explorer seizing up on me every so often - daren't have any more Microsoft garbage installed!

xxx

automa
25-03-2004, 02:27 PM
I know it’s a bit late but I have just put a track day poster up at JHP service reception, they were impressed with the artwork and the event. :burnout:

Elmo
25-03-2004, 05:04 PM
Wasn't there one there already cause Banshee sent then a copy and said they would put one up, that was about a month ago.

Julie
25-03-2004, 05:39 PM
Then JHP lot are snooty. I got the impression that they dont really like monsters. That they are only interested in Sportsbikes

JMo
25-03-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by automa
I know it’s a bit late

Noooo - we've still got 20 odd spaces - so let's try and drum up a few more punters eh?

xxx

Elmo
25-03-2004, 06:53 PM
You maybe be right Jools.

automa
27-03-2004, 04:50 PM
Wasn't there one there already cause Banshee sent then a copy and said they would put one up, that was about a month ago.

Only went into service rception and will me there on next Thursday will check to see if its stil there, did't bother with show room not 'everybody' takes their new bike on track days

John :burnout:

automa
31-03-2004, 04:10 PM
:) JHP what nice people, went into the service reception, track day poster still there, manager said more people will see it in the main show room, so now it sits on the main counter for all to see and the general manger said he may take the day off and come to Mallory:lol:

I did cheat a bit before I took it to JHP I put the poster in a presantation stand, looks great!

John :burnout:

Elmo
31-03-2004, 05:46 PM
Nice 1 John