PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Motherwell

Brendan S4
16-03-2017, 08:30 PM
Evening all,

just recently bought my first Ducati, a Monster S4,

lots of good info and suggestions on this forum. look forward to learning more and

participating with everyone,

cheers,

Brendan.

Albie
16-03-2017, 08:41 PM
Great bikes the s4 I had a very nice one. Plumbing jokes may arise soon though. Welcome to UKMOC

Darren69
16-03-2017, 08:56 PM
Hello and welome. The S4 is a pretty damn good base Monster bike and like most monsters will improve through modifications. You'll be happy for a while but the main areas to improve are the crap handlebars, poor suspension/geometry and the restrictive standard exhaust/ecu map.

Once you sort all that you've got a 115bhp plus rocketship that is more powerful than a 916 and will stand up against any (and out handle) much more modern naked bikes that your care to name and embarrass many pure sportsbikes too.

alan s4
17-03-2017, 06:40 AM
Hi Brendan, welcome on board, maybe see you out and about at some point in the year......Largs and Inveraray are favourite runs for me.

Only main thing to watch out for on the S4 is the charging system, make sure the battery is fully charged and the reg/rect can overheat and fail.

Darren69
17-03-2017, 09:51 AM
Yes a good quality battery, kept charged is a must, they can be finicky to start if the battery's old or not charged.

Alan's right the other thing to watch is the reg/rec - connections must be good and relocating the reg/rec unit from under the seat will help it run cooler and hopefully last longer.

Brendan S4
20-03-2017, 06:38 PM
Thanks for all the advice, will keep an eye on the reg/rec and battery is kept on an optimiser. just waiting on a dry day or two to get out and about on it.

cheers

jerry
20-03-2017, 08:21 PM
i also have an S4 since 2006 many mods , make sure you check the reg rec connectors they burn out ,, mine has PC3 cam mods valve mods , airbox mods .suspension mods handlebar mods and more last dynoed at 117 hp used for scratching and touring in Thailand