PDA

View Full Version : Is Monster 696 tubeless?

duoshock
20-02-2017, 02:30 PM
Hi everyone,

Today is one of these day had a puncture on the rear tyre while going to work.
I've been calling to several bike shops to ask about the repairing. It seem to me they will only do the patching instead of replacing the inner tube.

That makes me wonder is monster 696 got a inner tube inside the rear tyre?

Is it safe to patch the rear tyre?

Thanks in advance.

jonzi
20-02-2017, 02:39 PM
My 796 is tubeless.

Go to FWR (https://www.fwr.co.uk/) in Kennington, they will sort you out.

You can get a rear patched, depending on the size. But a good tyre shop, like FWR, will let you know what you can and can't do

Dirty
20-02-2017, 03:23 PM
I thought all bikes were tubeless nowadays.

As J says, FWR are the London goto when it comes to tyres

Fat Pete
20-02-2017, 06:22 PM
They won't fit inertubes into tubeless tyres, they plug them from the inside. It looks a bit like a mushroom, it's all glued up and they pull the stork of the mushroom through from the outside and the head of the mushroom ends up stuck on the inside. They work well and you can ride at normal speeds once it's fixed.

slob
20-02-2017, 08:22 PM
Definitely tubeless, can usually be patched if the hole is in centre 3/4 of tyre, not on shoulder. FWR in Kennington is a good call.

Flip
20-02-2017, 09:54 PM
FWR are the London goto when it comes to tyres

Not just London, I've used them loads in the past riding up from the South coast!!

They do a get ride in ride out service, know which way round the conical spacer goes on a Monster and they take care of the rims when removing/fitting.

Another bonus for me is the new tyres get nicely scrubbed in by the time I've got back home.

Fuzzy
18-03-2017, 01:27 AM
Takes a radial tyre so yes it's tubeless :) and tyre that's labelled R before the diameter e.g. 180/55/R17 is radial. The exception to the rule are some of the wire wheels which won't be air tight.