PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum Swing Arm For Sale

Byron Kauffman
03-03-2004, 12:59 AM
As you know it is Bike Week here in Daytona.
I have been running around on the Monster and it gets a lot of attention and people telling me about their projects.
I talked to a guy today who has a aluminum swingarm for the Monster (or 851). It is the same 1994 model that I put on my 2000 bike so I know it fits. He has to get it out and confirm what parts are included. It is supposed to have the swingarm, end sliders with covers and hardware. and maybe a axle, but he is checking. I told him to get me the info and I would relay it and photos. No price was mentioned yet but I got the impression it would be at least fair. With the exchange rate in your favor it will be a good deal for you anyway.
If someone is interested in upgrading their steel swingarm Monster to aluminum this is what you need.
Let me know if there is any interest and I will follow up. I dont want to waste his time or mine haggling over a part that I dont need if no one on the list wants it either.
If someone wants it, I will buy the part and get it ready to ship, and you can just repay me.
Thats the story so far. let me know as soon as possible so I have time to check it out for you.

Byron

Chris
03-03-2004, 08:58 AM
I'm keen. It's for my 2001 900ie. I've just purchase the adjustable forks, and already have the Ohlins rear shock, just need the aluminium swing arm.

Let me know how much you expect it will cost (inc shipping if poss)

Byron Kauffman
03-03-2004, 02:46 PM
Hi Chris;

I will follow up with details as soon as I know anything. I am headed to the post ofice today so I will ask them about a estimate on shipping.
Byron

Byron Kauffman
05-03-2004, 02:29 PM
Hello;

I just posted a personal reply to Chris since he was the first to reply on this.
This is the info so far, just so the groupe has a idea of what price the parts cost at this time.

The seller wants $200. (£109.) for the swingarm plus post to the UK. It is clean and ready to bolt on. It includes the swingarm and internal rear axle adjustors with their endplates and adjustor bolts. He can not find the axle or side adjustor plates at this time but is looking.

Byron