As before Run by Superbike School for Ducati UK

Hire bikes are available:
• Ducati SuperSport - £265
• Panigale 959 - £285
• Panigale 1299 - £365
Including fuel and tyres.

Leather rental is also available for £39

Cost will be £189 per person, this will include:

• Breakfast and Lunch for riders (spectators will be able to buy their own food at the same venue)
• Exclusive to Ducati bikes only
• California Superbike School coaches available for tips and hints FOC
• A great atmosphere, more than ‘just’ a track day.
• There will be star guests, journalists, racers, VIPs, etc.
• Noise limit is 105db

Book through Superbike School
wendy@superbikeschool.co.uk
01327 855553
and mention UKMOC

*Tuesday immediately after the weekender

LouSCannon
07-02-2017, 06:40 AM
I'm considering the Silverstone date, at the moment I'm likely going to register with DMC Moto as I doubted we would get 11 people registered from here. Happy to give it a few days before booking as obviously would have a preference to support UKMOC.

utopia
07-02-2017, 08:45 AM
I could fancy either.
Probably with a preference for Donington as a track, but the date is, as Rob points out, just after the weekender.
I've never ridden either track though, so I might be up for making up the club numbers at either venue, depending on which is most popular.

Also, slightly off topic ...
I count myself very lucky to have been around to attend the last UKMOC trackday at Mallory.
I know that it is unlikely to happen again, particularly since it was an extremely tight squeeze to reach the required funding levels last time.
So this is me saying thanks again Rob, for sticking your neck out and arranging that.

jonzi
07-02-2017, 09:12 AM
Possibly Donnington for me. On the 600ss

Stinger101
07-02-2017, 04:05 PM
I'm up for May 30th at Donington.

jonzi
07-02-2017, 04:08 PM
Donington
Jonzi
Utopia
Stinger101

Silverstone
LouSCannon

MarkF
07-02-2017, 08:36 PM
Tentative hand up for Silverstone purely based on Geographic location and hopefully weather will be better. Would love to ride either track, although Donington is a rather quick one.

Flip
08-02-2017, 04:24 PM
although Donington is a rather quick one.

Not as fast as Silverstone!!!

Also it's horribly flat (like most airfield circuits)- Donington is awesome to ride in my opinion!!!

Ursa
20-02-2017, 05:07 PM
If I want to hire one of the CSS bikes is it still the mahoosive deposit with CSS that I recall from their website?

Also, what sort of instruction is on offer for this? I know it says hints and tips but that can vary, do any of their instructors follow you, and give little bits of advice, or is it fairly generic on body position. (So I'd expect to be told off for riding on one bum cheek for the umpteenth time :mand: )

I'm not sure about doing the full CSS experience, as I've heard mixed things, so was hoping to see how I get on with their style of instruction before booking a CSS course.

I'm thinking Silverstone as it's less of a pain to get to. I'll confirm when I get back from Austin.

Dirty
20-02-2017, 05:23 PM
If I want to hire one of the CSS bikes is it still the mahoosive deposit with CSS that I recall from their website?

Also, what sort of instruction is on offer for this? I know it says hints and tips but that can vary, do any of their instructors follow you, and give little bits of advice, or is it fairly generic on body position. (So I'd expect to be told off for riding on one bum cheek for the umpteenth time :mand: )

I'm not sure about doing the full CSS experience, as I've heard mixed things, so was hoping to see how I get on with their style of instruction before booking a CSS course.

I'm thinking Silverstone as it's less of a pain to get to. I'll confirm when I get back from Austin.

£1200 refundable deposit or you can pay £85 non refundable and limit liability to max £150

From what I hear CSS is good for beginners. Those with loads of bike experience, track and or road, are the ones that tend to knock them a bit, though not in all cases.

If I wanted to learn track riding they would probably be my goto.

Ursa
20-02-2017, 08:55 PM
From what I hear CSS is good for beginners. Those with loads of bike experience, track and or road, are the ones that tend to knock them a bit, though not in all cases.

If I wanted to learn track riding they would probably be my goto.

I know what CSS do, and know many people who have taken their courses, both single and multiple levels, my question was directed to people who have attended this particular event before and is around the amount of tuition CSS give there, it's not clear from the event description if they'll be following riders and giving feedback, or just do a generic briefing.

Their coaching is primarily about cornering control, not track riding per se, so is more transferable for road riding, which is of more use to me.

pegboy
20-02-2017, 11:30 PM
Might be able to do silverstone. So is mid may the lasted to book then to get the discount.

Dirty
21-02-2017, 12:27 AM
I know what CSS do, and know many people who have taken their courses, both single and multiple levels, my question was directed to people who have attended this particular event before and is around the amount of tuition CSS give there, it's not clear from the event description if they'll be following riders and giving feedback, or just do a generic briefing.

Their coaching is primarily about cornering control, not track riding per se, so is more transferable for road riding, which is of more use to me.

Yeah, but they are called 'superbike school' and teach on tracks for a reason. I know a few who have been on the course, from back in the Honda days to recently. Of course it's about the corners. I haven't yet found a school to teach me how to ride the straights better :chuckle:

Sounds like you might benefit more from an i2i machine control course rather than a, mainly, track oriented one.

Ursa
21-02-2017, 06:46 AM
Yeah, but they are called 'superbike school' and teach on tracks for a reason. I know a few who have been on the course, from back in the Honda days to recently. Of course it's about the corners. I haven't yet found a school to teach me how to ride the straights better :chuckle:

Sounds like you might benefit more from an i2i machine control course rather than a, mainly, track oriented one.

Which shows you don't understand CSS, as from conversations I've had in person with their instructors over the years, they see it as learning cornering a different way in a safe and unrestricted environment, and have had Goldwings, Harleys and many other non "Superbikes" on their course. They emphasised to not let the Superbike thing put you off as it's mainly to do with their fleet.

Again I'll reiterate the point that this question is directed to people who have attended this event before and is around what the "hints and tips from CSS instructors" amounts to, as I would hopefully see if I got on with their style of instruction/methodology and perhaps book on one of their courses.

Also FAO Slob as with Pegboy is there a cut off date for booking?

jonzi
21-02-2017, 08:54 AM
I think I might do Silverstone and hire a 959.

Add me to the list of names if you are keeping one.

slob
21-02-2017, 11:15 AM
Based on previous events these tend to sell out pretty quick, so waiting for a weather forecast a fortnight before the event isn't a realistic option. I'll leave this post up for the next week and then start contacting those who've expressed interest.

Dirty
21-02-2017, 11:38 AM
Which shows you don't understand CSS, as from conversations I've had in person with their instructors over the years, they see it as learning cornering a different way in a safe and unrestricted environment, and have had Goldwings, Harleys and many other non "Superbikes" on their course. They emphasised to not let the Superbike thing put you off as it's mainly to do with their fleet.

Again I'll reiterate the point that this question is directed to people who have attended this event before and is around what the "hints and tips from CSS instructors" amounts to, as I would hopefully see if I got on with their style of instruction/methodology and perhaps book on one of their courses.

Also FAO Slob as with Pegboy is there a cut off date for booking?

Well you claim to understand CSS very well and have spoken to all their instructors :p I'll leave you to it.

I still think an i2i would suit you better.

Ursa
21-02-2017, 11:58 AM
Well you claim to understand CSS very well and have spoken to all their instructors :p I'll leave you to it.

I still think an i2i would suit you better.

Obviously this is difficult for you to understand, even though I have stated it clearly on a number of posts, was that the question was around the specifics of tuition at this event, not CSS in general. Neither of which you have experience of.

Maybe 1 2 1 coaching for you on knowing when not to use your keyboard may be more beneficial for all of us..

LouSCannon
21-02-2017, 11:59 AM
When I did my CSS level 2 it was chucking down with rain and I was watching a Pan AM go round the track... it really is an open school and matters little what you're riding. Equally the skills learnt easily transfer to aiding your confidence and control on road riding...

To answer Ursa's question, I think it's a case of grabbing one of the instructors and simply asking them to give some tuition on whatever session it is you go out on. First come first served, I didn't bother on the last Ducati track day I was riding on, but it was one of the first they ran so they may have a bit more structure around it.

I'd give the CSS guys a bell in the office and ask, they've always been very helpful on the phone and I'm sure they can give you more context as to how they will be running the day...

Ursa
21-02-2017, 12:27 PM
Brilliant, that's really helpful, thanks Jim, I'll give them a call and see what they say.

I think having done the track session at WDW without even a safety briefing, I am just a little hesitant on a Ducati organised event!

slob
21-02-2017, 12:34 PM
I think a safety briefing is a legal requirement at UK trackdays, all those I've attended have some sort of sticker or wristbamd to confirm you've been briefed.

jonzi
21-02-2017, 12:35 PM
It will be much more organised than an Italian track day I am sure.

There is probably an Elf and safety requirement to do the briefings. On a regular trackday, you can't go out on track unless you have attended the briefings.

As Jim says, CSS are very helpful, there used to be a woman there called Lynne, if she is still about, she will sort out any concerns you have, I am sure

Dirty
21-02-2017, 01:20 PM
Obviously this is difficult for you to understand, even though I have stated it clearly on a number of posts, was that the question was around the specifics of tuition at this event, not CSS in general. Neither of which you have experience of.

Maybe 1 2 1 coaching for you on knowing when not to use your keyboard may be more beneficial for all of us..

i2i not 1 2 1 snowflake :p . Check them out

J.P
21-02-2017, 01:49 PM
I think having done the track session at WDW without even a safety briefing, I am just a little hesitant on a Ducati organised event!

If you want to get more tuition on track in a safe and steady environment then you really should do the full California superbike day somewhere in the UK. And really need to do level 1 and level 2, so that's about £900.

for the Ducati UK day you get a good portion of the instruction, but not all of it and there'll be a very wide range of skills, where as at a CSS day it's much more of a level playing field.

pegboy
21-02-2017, 11:27 PM
Ok i have 2 confirmed for silverstone and another 5 waiting on confirmation. Will let you know by the end of the week.

slob
22-02-2017, 06:16 AM
UKMOC members?!

pegboy
22-02-2017, 08:39 AM
The two confirmed yes, me and puddu82, the others are all ducatisti is that permitted? Rob you met Pedro before and a few others.

slob
22-02-2017, 12:21 PM
PM sent, the 10% discount we were offered was specifically for our club members.

jonzi
22-02-2017, 12:29 PM
I, for one, can't wait to welcome our new Ducatisti members (and claim our trackday discount)

On a discount side note, does that include bike hire too?

slob
22-02-2017, 12:51 PM
I'd hazard a guess not... but I'll check ;-)

LTDUK
06-03-2017, 01:29 PM

If you ask them to, they will follow you for a few laps and give you some advise at the end of your session. It should give you a good idea of their teaching style and what you could expect from a Califronia Superbike School day of training.

jonzi
07-03-2017, 08:00 AM
Whats happening with this? When are we booking?

slob
09-03-2017, 10:08 AM
PMing everyone now

jonzi
10-03-2017, 11:03 AM
Booked on to Silverstone - advanced group.

This will be fun, first time on track in nearly 2 years, on a hired 959, using road shift, when I have only used race shift for the past 4 years.

What could possibly go wrong?

Saint aka ML
10-03-2017, 01:03 PM
Silverstone for me,

What is the noise limit as would like to take both 999 and Hyper.

slob
10-03-2017, 01:15 PM
105dB at both

I've just booked both

Dirty
10-03-2017, 07:49 PM
Silverstone for me,

What is the noise limit as would like to take both 999 and Hyper.

If you need someone to ferry your 999 to the track let me know :mand:

Saint aka ML
10-03-2017, 08:40 PM
Ok any spaces left? Anyone got a dB meter it has cored exhaust and decat pipe. Tomorrow picking up 57mm full termi system.

Hyper will fail just shy of 105 lol

slob
10-03-2017, 08:51 PM
'decibel' app on my iphone seems close enough

LouSCannon
13-03-2017, 10:12 AM
Booked on for silverstone, staying in Towcester the night before.

J.P
13-03-2017, 10:16 AM
Anyone got a dB meter it has cored exhaust and decat pipe. Tomorrow picking up 57mm full termi system.
Hyper will fail just shy of 105 lol

If you don't have proper baffles as a fall back to reduce the noise, you could find yourself sitting the day out. The only noise meter that counts is the one in the hands of the noise tester on the day at the track. I've done so many days where the reading vary but the bike never changes. Don't risk a wasted day.

bex
13-03-2017, 05:40 PM
Booked on to Silverstone

You already said enough :p:chuckle:

Sirc
14-03-2017, 09:22 AM
health is always up and down Rob (slob) but please have me on possible standby if any cancellations occur on either event.

slob
14-03-2017, 12:05 PM
I'm afraid it isn't working out that way Chris, places are going fast already.
Bookings are being managed by Superbike School.

Edited original post to avoid any confusion

bex
14-03-2017, 12:38 PM
Booked for Silverstone.

Couldn't make Donny in the end.

pegboy
14-03-2017, 08:28 PM
All booked up and on the 959 should be interesting

Stinger101
27-06-2017, 05:57 PM
Whoever is going and gets there first from here, would they be kind enough to let us all know what garage they're in? I'd like to set up in the same space as the UKMOC members.
I'm not sure about the weather on Thursday at Silverstone but I'll be there on the new M1200S. It's been to Seastar Superbikes today to have it's first service. The next time it gets ridden will be in full sport (half arsed if damp or wet....) on track. I've asked them to change to race-shift pattern but they're not sure it can be done. Has anyone looked into this for the new Monster? I haven't had time to explore this today. I'm SOOOO looking forward to hitting the rev limiter in every gear, every possible time!! :yoparty::woot::fou:

slob
27-06-2017, 06:51 PM
At Donny, we were met at the gate by CSS and told which box we were in, so they should know which one they've assigned for UKMOC

LouSCannon
28-06-2017, 07:09 AM
I'm going to be a splitter on this as I'm going with DMC Moto Preston, although none of them can make it to this one! Will try and come and find you guys during the day.

slob
28-06-2017, 01:51 PM
UKMOC have been allocated garage 1B

... c'mon Jim you know you wanna

bigredduke
28-06-2017, 06:52 PM
So who has been allocated 2b? That is the question.

Stinger101
28-06-2017, 07:16 PM
Thanks Rob, See you in the morning. Jim, see you too in or near 1B!

Ursa
28-06-2017, 08:49 PM
I've brought some Bearscuits for tomorrow incase anyone needs an emergency snack. I've also brought baby wipes incase anyone gets grubby. I hope that's all the important things

slob
29-06-2017, 07:22 PM
Well that was fun :-D

Ursa
29-06-2017, 07:49 PM
Hell yes!! When are we going again?? I think CSS will be a great Xmas present from me, to me. Even felt the difference in my riding on the way home which is exactly what I wanted.

And a big group hug to all the UKMOC people there today, all the help and encouragement was fantastic and greatly appreciated, and glad the Bearscuits were a hit :mand:

Saint aka ML
29-06-2017, 09:24 PM
Great fun and dry!!!! While I came with mates nice bumping in to so many familiar faces.

J.P
30-06-2017, 10:44 AM
A very good event with very few stoppages at all to keep the day moving.
Shame there weren't more Monster owners there but a good group anyway.
Good fun.

Dibble
30-06-2017, 03:11 PM
hey guys, great event and good to see so many Monsters out, I miss mine, and Slob, good cornering :)

Nice to meet you all and good we all stayed upright.

Dibs (with the Martini 999R in 1C)

slob
30-06-2017, 10:51 PM
The old girl
http://www.thelasturl.net/ukmoc/sstone17/sstone17_85.jpg

exotica
http://www.thelasturl.net/ukmoc/sstone17/sstone17_d16rr.jpg

Project Imola
http://www.thelasturl.net/ukmoc/sstone17/sstone17_imola.jpg

MW
http://www.thelasturl.net/ukmoc/sstone17/sstone17_mw.jpg

one for Pedro
http://www.thelasturl.net/ukmoc/sstone17/sstone17_pedro.jpg

classic
http://www.thelasturl.net/ukmoc/sstone17/sstone17_sc.jpg

Stinger
http://www.thelasturl.net/ukmoc/sstone17/sstone17_stinger.jpg

MattyJ
29-10-2019, 12:18 PM
Any plans to do this again? I would love to start getting on the track, especially if I can hire a supersports bike =)

slob
29-10-2019, 03:04 PM
I would expect Silverstone & Donington again sometime between May and July 2020