PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ducati UK

LTDUK
06-02-2017, 01:07 PM
Hello everyone!

My name is Lewis, I work at Ducati UK and part of my role is working as a liaison for the Owner's Clubs.

I've got a Monster 821 Stripe, currently waiting for the road to be salt free before getting some nice accessorises fitted!

I may post updates on things we are doing here at Ducati that you may find interesting every now and then. I'm happy to receive suggestions on how we can help to make the owners clubs more involving and enjoyable.

J.P
06-02-2017, 01:16 PM
Lewis, nice to have you join the Forum.
Rob (Slob) is the club president, I'm the vice president.

The 821 is great fun. Had mine since the Stripe was released.
If you're interested, one of the wonderful accessories you can get for the 821, is a set of BST Carbon Fibre wheel, which I fitted to my bike, and were the first set BST ever made for the 821.

And on discussion I am looking to sell them for the right price. :)

slob
06-02-2017, 01:57 PM
Hi Lewis, welcome to the madhouse

we're aquainted J.P ;-)

Dirty
06-02-2017, 02:22 PM
Hi Lewis

& welcome :cool:

& Sorry about JP :scratch:

Please allow me to be the first to vocalise what we are all thinking. :D

Can we have some free stuff now please :chuckle::woot:

Kato
06-02-2017, 06:11 PM
Welcome Lewis.......Please tell ducati to stop screwing up the brand by selling things like the Diavel

Darren69
06-02-2017, 06:29 PM
Yea, put a stop to that sh1t as soon as you like, its like Hardly Dangerous trying to sell a sports bike!

slob
06-02-2017, 06:42 PM
the launch control rocks!

chris.p
06-02-2017, 06:45 PM
Welcome young man:mand:

bigredduke
06-02-2017, 07:03 PM
Hello Lewis. Another Ducati weekend at Silverstone is long overdue. The last one was over five years ago!

Mr Gazza
06-02-2017, 07:06 PM
Hello and welcome.

Really nice to see the brand supporting the club as well as vice versa.
I like the older ones myself, but the new SS intrigues me.

Check this out if you fancy a little run out... http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=54616

Moco1961
06-02-2017, 08:10 PM
Hi Lewis,
Welcome from up North, look forward to seeing what upgrades you go for, particularly in the exhaust dept

slob
06-02-2017, 08:45 PM
Hello Lewis. Another Ducati weekend at Silverstone is long overdue. The last one was over five years ago!

there are Donington and Silverstone trackdays again this year (apologies: Lewis emailed me but I haven't got round to posting yet)

Saint aka ML
06-02-2017, 10:12 PM
I can adopt any xdiavels :) Welcome

Kato
07-02-2017, 06:10 AM

Ah yes the most poorly organised, disastrous waste of a weekend ever conceived, lets have another:idea:

You starting to regret joining up yet:chuckle:

slob
07-02-2017, 06:17 AM
Ah yes the most poorly organised, disastrous waste of a weekend ever conceived, lets have another:idea:

Thanks for helping us to build bridges by just looking backwards and whingeing instead of looking forwards, at least they tried, otherwise we'd never have known.

Darkness
07-02-2017, 06:38 AM
Hello everyone!

My name is Lewis, I work at Ducati UK and part of my role is working as a liaison for the Owner's Clubs.

I've got a Monster 821 Stripe, currently waiting for the road to be salt free before getting some nice accessorises fitted!

I may post updates on things we are doing here at Ducati that you may find interesting every now and then. I'm happy to receive suggestions on how we can help to make the owners clubs more involving and enjoyable.

Hi Lewis and welcome to the bucket of frogs called UKMOC.

If you wait a while, you may get responses from the "Grown Ups", though they tend to leave us alone mostly.

:twak:

LouSCannon
07-02-2017, 06:44 AM
Nice to see Kato is still as fun, positive and optimistic as ever. Hope you ignore him Lewis, welcome.

Kato
07-02-2017, 06:50 AM
Thanks for helping us to build bridges by just looking backwards and whingeing instead of looking forwards, at least they tried, otherwise we'd never have known.

Rob I'm all for bridge building, but for that to happen people have to listen, maybe we need to have a tounge in cheek emoji, forgive my suspicition,
I'm just wondering if Lewis has been put into the firing line because Tim Macc has had enough?
I hope I'm very wide of the mark

fireman sam
07-02-2017, 07:32 AM
Hi Lewis Dare to be different.
Enjoying the new range of bikes.

utopia
07-02-2017, 08:53 AM
Hi, Lewis.
Welcome along.

Please excuse me for jumping straight in but .....
I wonder if you could chase something up for me ?

Last year, while in Italy for WDW with a dozen other club members, I visited the factory.
I had with me a cd white label copy of a "lurve" song that I wrote about my M750, and I left it with the very pleasant lady who did the guided factory tour.
She seemed quite pleased to receive it and assured me that it would be passed on to the relevant person, who she said would be equally pleased.
I'm not after any particular recognition for it or anything like that .. just thought that it was a good "folk example" of the Ducati passion and as such they really ought to know about it.
Although, due in part to the favourable reception it received, I had expected some sort of communication ... but I heard nothing and have now given up the expectation.
However .. and this is the reason for bringing it up .. my email contact details were not on the cd itself, merely scribbled on a piece of paper when I handed it in, and as such they may have got separated and lost.
So maybe that's the reason for the lack of feedback.
Is there any way you could look into it for me ?
I could send you another copy if you like.
I'm not claiming it to be the next number one or anything but, even though I say it myself, it is a half decent song.

For background, my love for a 750 monster hails back to 1974/5.
Yes, you read that correctly ... 20yrs or so before the first one was made.
It was a vision of how the original bevel 750s could be if the design was modernised and the price lowered.
Lo and behold .......
So you can see, she really is the motorcycling love of my life .. sheer perfection on two wheels .. and that's how it will always be.
And hence the song.

Sorry to trouble you with this but, on a purely objective, selfless level, I kinda feel that its worthy of pursuit.

Bit more background .. if you speak to Tim Macabbee, he may remember me as the long-haired guy who turned up at the Donington WSB evening soiree a couple of years ago on said blue M750 ...... with a rear wheel puncture.

More than you bargained for ? ;)

Uncle Bob
07-02-2017, 09:04 AM
I've only been here five minutes myself, but hello and welcome anyway!

Kato
07-02-2017, 09:32 AM
Criky Jeff........UKMOC's got talent,:eek::biggrin:

utopia
07-02-2017, 10:32 AM
Well, not necessarily.
You haven't heard the song yet.

But it definitely does have passion. :)

Kato
07-02-2017, 01:04 PM
Should have a word with George (BluprintZ) seem to remember he has his own recording studio, you could be the next gerry garcia

Darkness
07-02-2017, 03:52 PM
?.......you could be the next gerry garcia

What.....ice cream as well?

:chuckle::chuckle:

MarkF
07-02-2017, 08:33 PM
Welcome Lewis, the best upgrade for the 821 is a 1200R, just saying ;)

AndyC_772
08-02-2017, 02:09 PM
Welcome Lewis.......Please tell ducati to stop screwing up the brand by selling things like the Diavel

Oi! :fiery:

LTDUK
09-02-2017, 09:11 AM
Thank you all for the warm welcome to the forum.

I've been given this position not so that we can distance ourselves from the DOC's in any way, but rather we see that we can do more and we would like to strengthen our relationship.

I've got the sport pack and a set of *race* termi's for my 821, so I'm looking forward to that. At the moment I'm riding a new Monster 1200, which is incredibly fun.

I think I need to hear this song!

Kato
09-02-2017, 09:39 AM
Thank you all for the warm welcome to the forum.

I've been given this position not so that we can distance ourselves from the DOC's in any way, but rather we see that we can do more and we would like to strengthen our relationship.

Can only be a good thing, the Ducati tracks days are a good start, although I not sure there has been one yet where it hasn't rained, can't blame that on DUK, or can I :chuckle:

utopia
09-02-2017, 10:46 AM
I think I need to hear this song!

Well, I suppose it could be uploaded to a hosting site somewhere and you could access it there ... but that kind of tech is beyond me I'm afraid.
Apparently the UKMOC site doesn't have enough storage capacity to do it directly.
I could send you a cd in the post though, if you pm me an address.

And don't worry .. if you think its crap I'll not be offended.
But like I said, my honest opinion is that its at least half decent.
It gets a good response when we do it live at local venues anyway.

utopia
09-02-2017, 10:48 AM
....... not sure there has been one yet where it hasn't rained, can't blame that on DUK, or can I :chuckle:

Nice weather ... for DUKs.
:running:

Char
09-02-2017, 11:26 AM
Should have a word with George (BluprintZ) seem to remember he has his own recording studio, you could be the next gerry garcia

Suneye (Pete) might help - Airtight Studios https://airtightstudios.wordpress.com/

Dirty
09-02-2017, 11:30 AM
Well, I suppose it could be uploaded to a hosting site somewhere and you could access it there ...

https://www.dropbox.com/home

or

https://www.filestofriends.com/

utopia
09-02-2017, 12:57 PM
Cheers, Dirty.
My mate Tony, who sings the harmony, is coming round tonight, bringing more cd copies.
He's a bit more computer savvy than me so maybe he can sort out uploading it.

As for the recording studios .. thanks for the suggestions.
In fact, I probably have the option of getting it done at a mate's studio (who is also a biker).
But tbh, the version we currently have, done in a single take in Tony's front room, has a certain rawness and reality to it that fits nicely with the "personal" nature of the song.
I think I like it that way.

jonzi
09-02-2017, 03:21 PM
...maybe he can sort out uploading it...

If you can't get it sorted, you can post me a CD and ill stick it up on the internets for you.

PM and ill send you my address

Darren69
09-02-2017, 06:20 PM
Can't you put it on You tube or do you want to put restrictions in place like on Myspace?

Blah blah
09-02-2017, 07:56 PM
Hello and welcome... coming on the coast to coast run?

Anyway, enough of that... got any shiny bits that'll fit an S2r lying about the place that Ducati don't want??? You know, bigger disks and matching calipers and a decent rear shock would be nice for the Duc, I could do with a new jacket / lid / gloves as well, I'll take 'em off your hands, just to do you a favour, I don't mind, to stop the place looking untidy an' all that :mand:

I know, I know, he's only been on here 5 minutes but I thought I'd ask, never know if you don't ask do ya?

Oh, and if part of your role is looking after us chimps, what do you do for the rest of the time?

alan c
12-02-2017, 07:19 PM
Hi Lewis, nice to have you along. Would be good to see you at the Weekender, please see post. Get to meet a few of us and great roads in Wales !

And Kato's not going :running:

LTDUK
13-02-2017, 10:32 AM
I'm may attend a ride at some point, not sure if I would go on the Weekender or a 500+ mile ride though!

I mostly do analysis and run some projects, some sales, marketing and online work. I'm a bit of an all-rounder.

Fuzzy
16-02-2017, 10:49 PM
Hi, you can get some gorgeous bits from Motocorse and design corse.. ive taken delivery of matte carbon cranks and belts guards, carbon tail tidy, cnc indicators and a few titanium trinkets including valve caps (sad I know)

cant fit them until ive recovered from my smash haha (no ducatis were hurt in the smash)