PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

Frontbrake
26-01-2017, 12:01 PM
Just joined the forum having just bought my first Ducati, a 1999 Monster 900.
So hello to everyone, I'm sure I'll be scanning the pages for help as the one I have bought has not run for about five of six years.
I suppose first job will be new belts and a battery and see how it goes from there.
Cheers. Alan

utopia
26-01-2017, 01:23 PM
Hello and welcome.

Belts .. genuine from Moto Rapido, quoting UKMOC for 10% discount ... or Exactfit.
If changing them yourself, watch this ..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vzPZ84ZRjU
Battery .. Motobatt seems very popular amongst other members .. or change to Lithium.
Also look out for a perished diaphragm in the fuel pump .. Allens Performance for spares, I'm told.
And its probably worth checking the multiconnector between the alternator and the reg/rec (3 yellow wires) because this is a known dodgy area and can toast itself if the resistance is too high due to corrosion etc. ... or replace with uprated connector, or hardwire the joint.

You will find that monsters are delightfully easy to work on.
But don't use the std tank prop .. old ones break at the plastic terminal and their use can damage the tank hinge and cause leaks. Prop the tank with a length of wood from the airbox.

J.P
26-01-2017, 01:27 PM
Welcome to the forum Frontbrake.
Hopefully you won't need too much care and attention to get her up and running again.
Lots of help and advice around on the forum if you need it.

Jez900ie
26-01-2017, 04:02 PM
Hi Frontbrake,

I bought one a couple of months back too. Great minds think alike?

Goodluck with getting it all together!