PDA

View Full Version : My new cans....

slug
02-03-2004, 06:30 PM
Are Ducati Performance Oval, Carbon Fibre, Low Level and effing loud.
Bought from Cobb & Jagger (Ducati Leeds) for 440 quid including delivery and vat. About 120 quid cheaper than anywhere else.

They come with an open air box top (which is a std air box lid with the top sliced off) a reinforced air filter and no ECU.
Took about 4 days to come from Italy and another day to come from Bradford.

Since fitting (aprox 250 mls) the bike has run perfectly with no mods to the ECU, Duc' Leeds did say that I should have the gases analysed at the next service. To be fair though they did say the bike might run roughly if I didnt get the "chip remapped"

I am realy pleased with them.

My monster now growls!

slug
02-03-2004, 06:31 PM
Remus make Ducati Performance cans for the Monster Ducati put their name on them!?

slug
02-03-2004, 06:33 PM
Close up

02-03-2004, 06:50 PM
Slug, couldn't help but notice what looks like a very nice road bike in your garage! Like the deep ve section rims. Do you race or time trial, or just potter about like me?

Want to buy some Campag Delta brakes I've got on ebay :D

Campagnolo Delta (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=57267&item=3664461345&ssPageName=STRK:MESSE:IT)

slug
02-03-2004, 07:42 PM
Proto
Yes I do just potter, My lycra bulges in all the wrong places these days.
The bikes a fairly standard alluminium Ribble frame with a hotch potch of parts from my old TT and Road Racing bikes, I think the rims are Campag Omegas, they are quite old now, as am I.
I use the bike for commuting to and from work when the weathers too bad for the monster (yes very perverse!) I also have a car but that wont keep/get me fit.

I used to race mountain bikes x-country and did TTs and lots of tarmac for training.
I dont race anymore although I did a Polaris in 98 and may do the spring one this year.

Thanks for the offer of the brakes. But I have loads of stuff which I need to 'use up'

Cheers
D

02-03-2004, 07:56 PM
I did some some raod racing as a nipper, made a come back a few years back with some time trialling. Gave up ten years ago but actually dusted off my bike last autumn in one last desparate attempt to cling the the wreckage of middle age (was going to say youth but I'm 50 years old!! LOL). But seriously thinking of giving it another go ths year (or at least getting fit.)

Still got my road bike, Vitus 992 bonded alum jobbie. Campag C-Record everything apart fro Super Record brakes. Really lovely bike but kids today look at it and tell me it's out of date, heavy and it's only got 16 gears so must be rubbish!

I love bicycles more than I love motorcycles.

netstar
02-03-2004, 08:09 PM
I love my push bike to and it has given me the confidence to use two wheels more often. Think I like my Ducati more tho... Its interesting to see that there is an 800ie Daryl... Have decided to try and get a 900ie Proto so still looking.

Chris
02-03-2004, 08:13 PM
Proto,
I have pared down my collection of bicycles to afford motorcycles recently, I did have 5 bikes! A cannondale R1000 road bike, GT Zaskar XC Hardtail, Trek Fuel 100 XC full suss, DMR trailstar jump bike and a Santa Cruz Bullit downhill bike. A few too many, I still have the downhill bike for sale is anybody wants one!

Chris
02-03-2004, 08:17 PM
Photo attached..

02-03-2004, 08:54 PM
Many moons ago I decided to have a go at building my own bike frame. Spent hours drawing it up (angles, clearances, rake, trail etc). Made myself a rudimentary jig, very carfully marked out. Sourced myself some Reynolds 653 tubing (they wouldn't sell me 753 unless I submitted test samples of my brazing LOL, read on), cast Cinelli lugs and Campag drop-outs, borrowed an oxy-acetylene set, TAUGHT myself to silver solder, started sawing and filing and basically got on with it.

Went into my shed and a week later came out with a really ace frame. Dead straight, angles exactly as I wanted them. Got the forks and stays chromed, got works paintshop to paint it and whoop whoop got it on the road. Very proud of myself.

Rode it in a few time trials. Then it met a very sad fate. In France with it on the roof rack, went under a car park barrier. Crunch. I cried and cried. Still got another set of 653 tubes and lugs but can't see myself building another.

slug
02-03-2004, 10:21 PM
Proto
I thought you were going to say that it met a very sad fate descending the Col Du Tourmelade at 50 mph. But stuffing it into a car park barrier.... after all that effort, such a shame :-(. I bought custom frames from a firm in Bradford called Whittaker and Maplebeck and was allways very impressed by the skills of the frame builders, I'm sure I couldnt do it.

The full suspension MTBs have realy come of age now particularly the Santa Cruz bikes. I think I'd go for the Heckler or is it the Superlight?. They are amazing, lighter than my old Orange.
But its all well and good having a lightweight bike, what I need is a light weight body.

I did one of the first downhill races in the UK at Catterick in North yorks. A couple of years later riders were begining to turn up in MX body armour and full face helmets. I decided to give up DH when a chap called Scott Dommet 'took air' over my head. Scary!!

Thought Id stick to XC after that.

hog
02-03-2004, 10:45 PM
I built up my brother a Santa Cruz Heckler, RockShox SIDs forks, Mavic V section rims on Ringle hub (front), White Industries (rear), Magura hydraulics, Middleburn RS3 cranks, Dean Ti seatpost on Flite Ti saddle, XTR gruppo, Chris King headset etc.etc. (you get the picture - no expense spared). Ended up weighing in at the sub 25lb magical barrier.

Easily the finest MTB I have ever ridden, delivered it to York where it now sits in my bros garage with a flat rear tyre having been ridden only half a dozen times :mad:

slug
03-03-2004, 09:03 AM
Hog
Hhmmmm....
Sounds like the perfect XC machine under 25lb just what I need for a potter around the next Polaris. What kind of rear shock did it have on it?
Sounds like your Brother doesent use it much. Is it for Sale?

hog
03-03-2004, 07:19 PM
You got me there on the rear shock, but I think it was a Fox air/oil one. I wouldn't think it was for sale but I can always ask and get back to you.

A Yerbury
04-03-2004, 12:09 PM
how much extra for the ducati name - surely the remus ones arent that much?

spacemonkey
04-03-2004, 03:28 PM
Bugger the cans, get back to the MTB's!! Mines a Zaskar set up for XC. Never raced but always pissed my mates. Crap at jumping though. When I move to Spain I will be in the mountains and will get back into riding seriously. First job is to buy my lifelong dream bike-and I'm sure you know who the two wheeled Daddy is=