View Full Version : Cal Crutchlow: SPOILER

Dirty
21-10-2016, 09:46 PM
Just when you think he's reached the limit he opens his mouth and makes himself look even more of an idiot!

Ursa
22-10-2016, 05:34 PM
Just when you think he's reached the limit he opens his mouth and makes himself look even more of an idiot!

The man in a prize fund

SteveG
22-10-2016, 06:55 PM
Errrrr... what did he say?Any links... .... I missed FP and qualifying... :(

Davy
22-10-2016, 07:03 PM
Coulda woulda shouda poor cal he is a good hard rider but simply not getting a break but like Guy Martin.

Dirty
22-10-2016, 10:56 PM
Oh he was going on about the Pedrosa replacement in one of the interviews during practice. Basically slagging off the other riders again!

Kato
23-10-2016, 08:45 AM
Cal just calling it as he sees, to be fair Hayden is a strange replacement for Dani, being that he is crap

utopia
23-10-2016, 12:12 PM
I haven't heard his comments but if Hayden has got Dani's old ride ahead of Cal, I think he has grounds for being a bit miffed.
His previous comments about other riders being wimps in the wet was pure tongue in cheek and never intended to be taken literally.
He probably does whinge a little too much about being the underdog though.
And his "English for foreigners" accent in interviews is baffling.
But lets not grab the wrong end of a stick to beat him with ... he's a good rider and seems like a good guy too.
Tbh, I remember Sheene having a very similar playful wit.

Rally
23-10-2016, 01:39 PM
And he's just won the race in Phillip Island ahead of Hayden on the works bike, plus Rossi, Lorenzo and all the others......

I think he's qualified his comments quite well really!

Davy
23-10-2016, 01:58 PM
Won that one fair and square. Well done that man.

chris.p
23-10-2016, 03:48 PM
Well, he put his money where his mouth is today:woot:

slob
23-10-2016, 06:13 PM
I suspect keeping all the sponsors happy is always big thing (that he's missed completley) especially as Cal is backed by Monster Energy and the Repsol Team by Red Bull although right now he can say whatever he likes, no matter how daft ;-)

the accent is funny but tbf he has spent the last four years trying to make 'Coventry' understood by Italians

Albie
23-10-2016, 07:13 PM
Scott Redding is also picking up the accent. Steve Maclaren started it a few years back and seems to have spread.
Well done Cal made me proud and watched live with baited breath edge of seat and carry on being yourself whatever it takes

slob
23-10-2016, 08:54 PM
Chas Davies knows the way to succeed in the team and speaks pretty good Italian.

I loved James Whitham saying, " I rode for an Italian team who spoke such good English it seemed insulting to murder their language, I'm proud that somewhere there's a group of Italians that still describe broken stuff as 'It's fooking ****e'"

apologies to JW if I've misquoted that

Dirty
24-10-2016, 02:27 AM
Cal just calling it as he sees, to be fair Hayden is a strange replacement for Dani, being that he is crap

No, my issue is he was slagging off riders for putting themselves forward for the ride. Saying they had their hands up in the air before Dani had landed. He, like any other aspiring rider would have sold his mother for that ride when in their position and it's just the way it is at that level. Deal with it Cal. You'd do the same and would expect the same if injured. Denying it just makes you look petulant.

I haven't heard his comments but if Hayden has got Dani's old ride ahead of Cal, I think he has grounds for being a bit miffed.
His previous comments about other riders being wimps in the wet was pure tongue in cheek and never intended to be taken literally.
He probably does whinge a little too much about being the underdog though.
And his "English for foreigners" accent in interviews is baffling.
But lets not grab the wrong end of a stick to beat him with ... he's a good rider and seems like a good guy too.
Tbh, I remember Sheene having a very similar playful wit.

Cal was never in the frame for the Honda because his personal sponsor Monster conflicts with the Red Bull of the factory Honda. He wasn't complaining about that, just a fact of business. He actually said Miller should have got it. I agree Hayden was an odd choice, never a great rider but a fairly safe 'get it home' pair of boring hands I guess. The issue wasn't about who got the ride but his disdain for those who wanted it.

I'm all for riders being non corporate and having personality. I really don't think it's playful wit. Cal comes across as appealing as fresh road kill on tv. Really spoils my enjoyment of British MGP success after so long. His post race interview was ok for once though I'll give him that.

And he's just won the race in Phillip Island ahead of Hayden on the works bike, plus Rossi, Lorenzo and all the others......

I think he's qualified his comments quite well really!

Lots of people don't have BT sport so its common decency to star your post with a huge ********SPOILER ALERT*********** in future

As he was never in the frame for the bike and the issue was his slagging off of other riders he didn't qualify his comments at all. They still make him look like an idiot. I don't think beating Hayden qualifies for anything!

Won that one fair and square. Well done that man.

Well he won it thanks to Marc dropping it but it was a solid ride from him.

That's said ride of the day, 15th to 2nd by the GOAT! Good chance everything would have abeen a lot different if he'd started on the front row.

jonzi
24-10-2016, 09:27 AM
Cal was never in the frame for the Honda because his personal sponsor Monster conflicts with the Red Bull of the factory Honda...

https://nickyhayden.com/sponsors

Nicky has a drinks sponsor, and it isn't Redbull

I saw an interview where he thanked his sponsors for letting him do this.

Dirty
24-10-2016, 01:36 PM
https://nickyhayden.com/sponsors

Nicky has a drinks sponsor, and it isn't Redbull

I saw an interview where he thanked his sponsors for letting him do this.

Yes, he is always thanking his sponsors, he's a very good boy in that respect, your point was????

Let me help......Nicky Hayden rides in WSB which no one watches or cares about, it's like comparing a rider in Touring cars with F1. He is sponsored by an energy drink that sells 6 cans a year to friends and family in USA. The fact that because of his ride at PI 4 new people, inc you and me (and now the 10 people reading this thread) are now aware of Drivel energy drink is probably far more valuable to them than pretending they are in competition with RB or Monster.

You might have noticed the huge battle between RB and Monster currently going on in the top flights of motorsport recently. Millions spent (billions in the case of RB). Or perhaps you saw the actual interview in question in which Cal said, and I quote 'It was never going to happen, Honda are sponsored by an energy drink and I have personal sponsorship from Monster so it was never on the cards'?