PDA

View Full Version : 2004 National Awards - nominees PLEASE!

CK & AK
29-02-2004, 09:12 PM
---The UKMOC AWARDS 2004 ---

This years UKMOC Weekender is host to the first UKMOC awards ceremony. A celebration of the years events and the members who make them so memorable. Categories for nomination that we can think of so far are as follows:

Most entertaining contributor to the forum.

Most Welcome Newcomer.

Golden Anorak Award.

Unsung Hero of the Club.

Most Memorable Post.

**If there are any suggestions for better or extra categories please feel free to suggest them (all non relevant posts, & those considered abusive, will be removed from this thread).**

Make all your suggestions for nominees, reasoning behind it, thoughts etc public on here. Voting should be private........

The list of nominees will close on FRIDAY 26th March at 7pm.

We will then have voting, and the votes will have to be sent by email to one of our members (Paranoid Dave), who will collate them all.

The results will be announced at the monster weekend, on the Sunday, at 5pm, just after the 'Monster Bike' awards. The results will also be posted up on the forum, for your edification.

Fatbloke, CK & PD

Paranoid Dave
29-02-2004, 10:03 PM
I'm happy to start the nominations, I'm sure there are many more names that can be added but here's a start.

entertaining = diogenes and didge. both spend far too much time on the net looking at things so idiotic it defies belief :D and kindly sharing them with us.

Oooh, so many new people. Proto, saxman, sprintbint and drucilla, oh and diogenes too, oh yeh and Julie and Ruth, all worthy of this award. Banshee too if enthusiasm counts ;) :D All have appeared in the last year though it seems like some have been around for ever ;)

I can think of several deserving anoraks in the club, lets face it, where would we be without them. M900Dom, Duncan, oh and don't forget AK

Unsung hero - oh these are getting tougher. Le Marsu and any others who work on the website for a start.

best post, I'm voting for the creator of the post rather than the post itself.
Can anyone remember when Didge's 'fart' was posted???
Sprintbint's 'claim to fame' was popular as is Phoenix's 'lets see you'.

I'm now off to cool my brain in a bucket of water, too much thinking hurts y'know. :D

NattyBoy
29-02-2004, 10:31 PM
Didge for most entertaining - and nobody ever asked him what his DILLIGAF caption meant under his name !!! Your genius is lost on us mere mortals mate !!!

Me for golden anorak (cant believe I was dishing out recommendations for bleeding model kits)

Me for the most annoying/pain in the arse monstershop customer (you love me really Lee!!)

Duncan and phoenix for unsung heros....loads of quality rideouts last year due to the former, and the latter for getting me home 60 miles on a snapped throttle cable, with only a sainsburys carrier bag and a leatherman tool (dont ask!!!)..

New members - Proto - An absoloute shed load of stick for banging on about hornets..we (me included!) effectivley tell him to bugger off..and what does he do?? Sticks his vees up at us all, flogs the hornet, and upgrades his monster to a 900ie !!! Good man !!!!

Oh,, and CK .... for a 'backbone of the club' award. Always posting, always helpful, and always organising summat.

Think ive made a few categories up there..whoops !

Sounds like itll be a larf on the night this ... especially after a few shandies...good idea!!!

Nat

Paranoid Dave
29-02-2004, 10:39 PM
DILLIGAF = Does it look like I give a f**k!

Pedro
29-02-2004, 10:48 PM
Natty for the "Del Boy - what can I sell this week" award!

Didge for "most entertaining / revolting."

Lee at Monstershop for "most helpful / patient "

spidermonkey
29-02-2004, 10:51 PM
most entertaining has to be ; didge
most welcome newcomer; proto , sax , sprint all post some good threads
golden anorak, sorry PD
unsung hero ; gt for what he does for the riders with disabilities have great respect for the man after watching a documentary about.
memorable post ; has to be proto slating the monster

Lady-Bob
01-03-2004, 12:52 PM
How about a "Best Avatar" award????

Spanner
01-03-2004, 01:51 PM
I would like to nominate my bike for the most crappy, scruffy and knackered award.

Doug

Mrs Soup
01-03-2004, 02:06 PM
Most entertaining contributor to the forum. Didge or Dio

Most Welcome Newcomer. banshee

Golden Anorak Award. Gotta be Duncan I think

Unsung Hero of the Club. Someone who turns up and supports the events. No point organising without these people. JR springs to mind. Or as previously suggested the guys running the site without whom we wouldn't be having this discussion

Most Memorable Post. The one which degenerated into fish puns!!!!:lol:

As for gubbiest bike, sorry Doug that's gotta be mine. The engine was recently described as "looking like it has come from the bottom of the sea":eek:

CK & AK
01-03-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by DRC
I would like to nominate my bike for the most crappy, scruffy and knackered award.

Doug

I second this shameless 'self plugging' by Doug:D

But even for all its faults - it still goes like stink!:eek: :D

C

Julie
01-03-2004, 05:46 PM
Most Welcome Newcomer. DRUCILLA AND MAND

Duncan
01-03-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Mrs Soup

Golden Anorak Award. Gotta be Duncan I think

Cheeky sod Jane. Mind you, a gold anorak, now that would like nice with the gold on the tank and footrest hangers and forks and ..............Gary Glitter eat your heart out.

Julie
01-03-2004, 08:30 PM
Most entertaining contributor to the forum. THINK YOU ALL CONTRIBUTE TO DIFFERENT THINGS. CANT PICK JUST ONE PERSON.SORRY

Most Welcome Newcomer. MAND AND DRUCILLA

Golden Anorak Award. LE MARSU AND THE IT BOFFINS

Unsung Hero of the Club. STUART AT SPARESHACK, AND SUPERLIGHT

Most Memorable Post PHOENIX FOR THE 'LETS SEE YOU THEN'

Paranoid Dave
01-03-2004, 08:43 PM
Some good calls so far, keep them coming. To sum up the names on the list of nominees so far...

contributor:
digenes, didge

newcomer:
proto, saxman, sprintbint, drucilla, diogenes, Julie and ruth, banshee, mand

anorak:
M900dom, duncan, AK, Nattyboy, PD (thanks a lot Steve)

unsung hero:
LeMarsu, duncan, phoenix, CK, gary t, JR, Stu, superlight

best post:
sprintbints claim to fame
phoenix lets see you
proto slating the monster

Some tough decisions to be made when the voting starts :D

diogenes
01-03-2004, 09:23 PM
New Nominated Category:

Technical Advice & Support In Plain Language
Nominees: Space Monkey/ Pooh/Pedro

Humourist and Essays
Master Didge

CK & AK
03-03-2004, 09:27 PM
Nominees for best IT assistance: LeMarsu & Billy Big Wheels (bless you both!)

Person most likely to get me lost: BoozyBob ("I'm never lost, I just dont have a map!") :D

Unsung Hero(ine) - Phoenix, for keeping plugging away in her region, despite lack of support from members, and for leading the main rideouts at the monster weekend. A flipping star!

He who is often seen in convoluted inane writing, but not now often out on his bike, for the contributor award - Didgeypoohs...... :D

Finally: Award for being a total nutter - cos he's still in conversation with me - Fatbloke (when are you coming to a meet Terry????:confused: )

Hope this could be of help to you PD?

C

gary tompkins
03-03-2004, 10:17 PM
Grant gets my vote for best Avatar at the moment :lol:

BoozyBOB
06-03-2004, 01:15 AM
mm...am i following this...will this thread close on the date..and a list off categorys be posted..so we can all vote by E-mail to PD...(maybee the tech team can do a link)..you have to limit the categoryies for prizes...
i know where i will vote.....longest bum numbing ride..(that will be me)

steviej
06-03-2004, 01:31 AM
Have to agree with Gary T., that avatar is ****'OT

steviej
06-03-2004, 01:31 AM
that worked................................

CK & AK
06-03-2004, 08:54 AM
Boozy, we propose to have just the one post, with all the sections listed, and the names propsed.
You can only vote for one person in each category which will be listed.

You will then have to send an email to Paranoid Dave stating:

"I vote:

Award 1 - Mr Smith (or whoevers name is on the selection you wish to vote for)"

Signed: your name on the forum

and so on....

no compulsion to HAVE to vote for ALL sections, but once you have emailed, any other subsequent mails WILL be discarded.
I am looking into whether it may be better to private message (PM) these votes, rather than email, as then PD will be sure of the names from the forum

No poll for this either. Saves any embarrassment for the nominees.

Hope this is of help?

CK

NattyBoy
06-03-2004, 10:21 AM
C...are we having prizes for winners?? If so I can help out with some free stuff from work that we supply to Ducati Corse. Let me know and ill put a sample order in ...

Nat

AngelV
06-03-2004, 03:57 PM
Can I be nominated for this please.

Was Cambridgeshire rep : majority of rep-posts were not responded to.
Now Hertfordshire Rep : no-one is answering.

(is it something I said...)

NattyBoy
06-03-2004, 04:41 PM
Jann..ive just responded and Id love to come on one of your rideouts..thus making you ineligible for any award..sorry...:lol: :D

Nat

CK & AK
06-03-2004, 05:54 PM
And a big thankyou for the offer of prizes Nattyboy, after our exchanges of pm's this afternoon, who ever ends up a winner - there will be some worthy bits to be received.

Also, the members bike comp will have an overall trophy, kindly sculpted by PD, which will be a perpetual trophy - to be kept for a year & re-presented.

Many thanks chaps.

Any other offers of prizes will be gratefully received.

CK

Billy Bigwheels
06-03-2004, 07:44 PM
I'd like to nominate nattyboy as Wiltshire rep.
Free samples to the usual address mate.

M900Dom
06-03-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by CK & AK

Also, the members bike comp will have an overall trophy, kindly sculpted by PD, which will be a perpetual trophy - to be kept for a year & re-presented.

CK

Is that for "Best special" coz we`ve had some real Crackers this year:
AK`s Tricolore :cool:
Grunts 748 or whatever it is this week;)
PD`s Kylie
Byrons Cool grey Spoked Retro
Harleys Green & Blue
Etc Etc

Are we going to have an Award for Most Dropped/crashed:eek:,

Unsung heros..... Web guys for sure:D All the Regional Reps and organisers of events/Rideouts etc
Most helpful and Techie....Lee AKA Superlight 3;)
Newbie ? so many now I cant keep track:D

Laters
Dom

Phoenix
07-03-2004, 10:42 AM
Blimey :eek:

Thanks guys for the nominations :)

Just logged on for the first time in ages as have been extra extra busy the last few weeks getting organised with Nige and racing.
Got back late last night from Pembrey Test Circuit after a good weekend testing ...Roll on first race 21st March :D

I'll see what I can get my head around this week and offer up my own niminotions :D

Paranoid Dave
08-03-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by CK & AK

CK

I'd better get working on it then ;)

Natty - can't wait to hear what you got, I wanted these awards to be light hearted fun but essentially work as a thankyou and well done to those who might otherwise not recieve the thanks they deserve. Sounds like there'll be something well worth winning?

Keep the 'extra categories' coming :D

How about most shameless self promotion of tv appearances and other.

cough, cough, JMo, cough, sorry - got something in my throat ;) :p ;)

CK & AK
12-03-2004, 08:30 PM
2 weeks to the close of nominations , any more to come?

BoozyBOB
13-03-2004, 12:00 AM
how about most monster run...Boozy hants tour...28 bikes 25 being monsters....(self promo here)...
or the person most likely to turn up on an Area ride...Bunny...or Me....

BoozyBOB
13-03-2004, 12:04 AM
are you going for the top ten catagory...
with the nominees

Paranoid Dave
18-03-2004, 06:48 PM
I have a big list of all names and categories so far. Any more suggestions???

I'm thinking of adding one new category or splitting one in half to give the deserving a better mention. We could have the 'unsung hero' and the 'most helpful'. I think of them as very different things. Does this sound like a good idea????

10 days and the voting starts :D

Paranoid Dave
18-03-2004, 06:52 PM
Forgot to put this bit - doh!

I looked back at all the helpfull mentions of advice, IT etc so the names on those two categories would be:

hero:
LeMarsu, Duncan, phoenix, CK, Gary T, JR, Stu at apreshack, superlight Lee.

Helpful:
Spacemonkey, pooh, pedro, superlight lee, le marsu, billy bigwheels.

If you think it's a good idea to have these two categories let me know and if you want to add some names to any of the lists, now's the time to do it.

CK & AK
21-03-2004, 08:42 PM
PD, my name isnt permitted for inclusion mate.(by me!)

Reminder to all that this nomination thread will close on Fri night this week......

Any more suggestions???

C:)

Dibble
21-03-2004, 08:55 PM
blimey, when did this place become a democracy ...????

Its ok, I'll get my own coat thanks ... and yes, i know the doors that way ...

Tootle pip .....

CK & AK
24-03-2004, 10:12 PM
Last 24 hours for nominations peeps - get typing....

C

JMo
25-03-2004, 12:30 AM
I nominate Flip for 'best dressed' at a UKMOC meet... you know which one I mean!

xxx

Spanner
26-03-2004, 06:57 PM
There was a category at the Pilgrims run in Brighton last weekend which I think we could adopt at the Monster Weekend. It was best 'Unrestored Bike'. I think mine would be hands down winner!!! Come on you can't fault me for trying. I'm not gonna win anything else am I?!

Doug

Paranoid Dave
29-03-2004, 06:40 PM
Voting form type things have been emailed to all now, so mail me your 'winners' in the next few weeks ready for Arrow Mill. Thanks to those who have already voted.

If you have any more daft suggestions I'll be happy to get those too as I'm sure they will become public at some point over that weekend - even if you wish to remain anonymous as the voter. I'd hate to embarrass anyone ;)

NattyBoy
29-03-2004, 08:16 PM
Superlight 3 rang me today to take the p**s out of my nomination!! Its official then..I am being nominated for anorak of the year ??!!!!!!!

I dont seem to get the e-mail circulars you lot got..any ideas why ???

Nat

gary tompkins
29-03-2004, 08:29 PM
PD,

While I appreciate being nominated in the "unsung hero" catagory for the NABD work I've done (thanks for the kind words spidermonkey BTW ) I think this award should be given for purely UKMOC related achievements, and would rather not be voted for if it was being judged on my NABD related merits.

TBO I can think of plenty of members that put in far for graft for UKMOC than me.

Paranoid Dave
29-03-2004, 08:59 PM
point taken GT, if you are serious then I'll dissregard any votes i may get with your name on it. To look at it another way though, this is a reflection of how much 'we' regard some members of this club for who they are and efforts they go to for the public, bikers or club members?

PM me if you want to be taken off the voting.

Natty - yes you are that sad apparently ;) I got Fatbloke to mail all members so maybe you changed address since you joined the club???

NattyBoy
29-03-2004, 09:02 PM
no e-mail change..will check its correct in my profiles as never got track day one either ??

nat

Paranoid Dave
29-03-2004, 09:02 PM
For those who didn't get it...

Over the last few weeks the nominations have been literally crawling in for the first UKMOC awards, thank god the time to vote has finally arrived. Voting is open to all club members and done by email to Paranoid Dave.

There are six categories with the nominations as follows:

Most Entertaining Contributor: A close fought contest between the comedians of the club, Didge and Diogenes.

Most Welcome Newcomer: It feels like they've been around for ever but apparently not. Proto, Saxman, Sprintbint, Drucilla, Diogenes, Julie & Ruth, Banshee and Mand.

Golden Anorak: For reasons stretching from their historic knowledge of all things monster to a worrying knowledge of model kits? the following have all been thought of as 'anoraks'.
M900Dom, Duncan, AK, Nattyboy and Paranoid Dave.

Unsung Hero: Those who deserve the admiration they so frequently get. Each one a hero but who is yours? Le Marsu&Stuart for their web skills. Duncan for his never ending support and knowledge. Phoenix for her Organisation skills and support. Gary T for his club support and extensive work for NADB. JR for just being there through thick and thin. Stu at spareshack for obvious reasons.

Favourite or Best Post(s): What more can we say. Sprintbint - Claim to fame, finally we got to find out so much more about each other, some of which we wished we'd never found out! Phoenix - Let's see you, all pictures have since been handed to crimewatch for elimination purposes. Didge - Life Underground parts I II III IV etc, we'll never look at a tube train in the same way again. Proto - Monster Slating, was he for or against them in the end?

Most Helpful Memeber: There's a time when we all need that helpful hand, thank heavens we have these people at hand. Lee at Monstershop, Spacemonkey, Phoenix, Pooh, Le Marsu, Pedro and Billy Bigwheels.

Please remember that these awards are purely for fun. Please only select ONE winner from each category and send your votes to PD stating the name of your winner for each category. Also give your Name and forum name if different.
Cheating is not allowed, multiple votes will be disqualified but points will be given for ingenuity and effort in this field.
Feel free to nominate extra categories and 'winners' for whatever reason as PD could do with a laugh.