PDA

View Full Version : M800S ie From France

Greg.cam
22-09-2016, 07:19 AM
Hi guys !

I am now in London for a bit more than 2 years now. I Never crashed before that, and I have crashed twice since then ahah.

I have a Ducati Monster 800S ie from 2003. 40k mileage.
I've bought it in July 2012 ! with 18.7k miles at this time.

It is nothing like stock anymore, it is my first and only bike. I didn't know anything about motorcycles and mechanics before I passed my driving license and bought my bike. I learnt while working on it.

I tried to upload pics. It doesnt work

Cheers !

slob
22-09-2016, 10:55 AM
Hello and welcome

Froggy46
22-09-2016, 11:50 AM
Bien Le bonjour! Ou... Re-bonjour (tu es bien aussi sur le Duc Mostro forum?)

.... Remember to drive on the left! :dizzy:

Greg.cam
22-09-2016, 12:17 PM
Yes I am on the french ducati mostro forum too !

See below the link for my bike's page :

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=54370

LVC
16-10-2016, 06:23 PM
Bienvenu parmi nous - faites attention il y a les gens fous ici ;)

hugepiece
17-10-2016, 07:59 AM
Did I see you this morning right by Blackfriars bridge? I was on the Red monster 1200!

Greg.cam
17-10-2016, 09:05 AM
Yes, that was me ! I remember you ! God the 1200 must be a beast!!

hugepiece
17-10-2016, 09:15 AM
Yes, that was me ! I remember you ! God the 1200 must be a beast!!

Yours definitely sounds better than mine......cant wait to complete the run'in so I can really stretch her legs and get some decent aftermarket cans on!

How are those bar-end mirrors? I'm thinking of sticking some of those on mine.

Greg.cam
17-10-2016, 09:53 AM
Yours definitely sounds better than mine......cant wait to complete the run'in so I can really stretch her legs and get some decent aftermarket cans on!

How are those bar-end mirrors? I'm thinking of sticking some of those on mine.

Maybe but there is nothing legal on my bike... Have a look on my page.

The mirrors are fine, I mean it needs a bit of time to adapt. But I'm used to mirrors where I can't see **** anyway.
I use to have only 1 left mirror, the small bar-end round one.
When I installed these new ones, I couldnt see anything at the beginning. Then I've set them up properly, and I can see what's going on. But the vision is still narrow. I always turn my head around to check my blind spots anyway.
I needed to adapt them though because my handle bars inner diameter was too small. I just took off a bit of rubber to slide them in with a mallet. It was very tight to get them in, but now at least they are not moving, even at top speed. (but my top speed is only 125mph though)

But for the price that does the job, the finish is pretty good.

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B016OJ31QU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1