PDA

View Full Version : Wanted for 1993 M900

Ady00
14-09-2016, 04:52 PM
Has anyone got a Ducati cockpit fairing in red for a '93 M900 they would like to part with.

Thanks.......Ady

Flip
14-09-2016, 05:34 PM
Nothing to do with me but the only one of the correct type for the early bikes I could see in the UK.

It's not red I'm afraid so would need painting and a new 'DUCATI' decal in the correct font but it does come complete with the screen and brackets - not sure about the longer bolts and spacers you'd also need though but I'm sure Moto Rapido would be able to help there.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112135437081

Darren69
14-09-2016, 06:51 PM
There's a DP carbon one on auction here:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-Monster-Carbon-Fiber-Fairing-93-99-Genuine-Ducati-Performance-Part-/291869972199?hash=item43f4ce56e7:g:MDIAAOSwMgdX00y 9

Flip
14-09-2016, 07:52 PM
I managed to get a new old stock DP carbon one a while ago for £35 but I'm not sure I'd want one that had been drilled to accept the indicators- they should be fitted on extended brackets.

Albie
14-09-2016, 09:55 PM
That black one is worth every penny with the brackets. Just get it painted and contact Graham @ (image works ) for correct font and colour and not robbing prices

Ady00
07-10-2016, 02:55 PM
Thanks all of you still looking as its not urgent so the correct one may turn up

Darkness
07-10-2016, 04:28 PM
Thanks all of you still looking as its not urgent so the correct one may turn up

You say 'the correct one', but that depends what you are trying to achieve.

I don't think there was a fairing for them in '93, though Road Racing and others introduced them as bolt on extras fairly soon after.

The Ducati Performance ones came out a few years later (96?), though bolt straight on if you want one.

'Correct' is whatever you want it to be, whether that be a Moto Cinelli showroom spec, a few period mod's showing a snapshot of the real or imagined history of the bike, or a complete redevelopment illustrating 23 years of ownership and improvement?

Albie
08-10-2016, 01:01 PM
You say 'the correct one', but that depends what you are trying to achieve.

I don't think there was a fairing for them in '93, though Road Racing and others introduced them as bolt on extras fairly soon after.

The Ducati Performance ones came out a few years later (96?), though bolt straight on if you want one.

'Correct' is whatever you want it to be, whether that be a Moto Cinelli showroom spec, a few period mod's showing a snapshot of the real or imagined history of the bike, or a complete redevelopment illustrating 23 years of ownership and improvement?

Correct. There was not at first one fitted but I have no doubt it was thought about or planned. I couldn't resist getting one for mine. Even two as I have a very tidy yellow one I could sell. No brackets and no original screen though but in excellent condition to be sprayed or used on a yellow version with original decals