PDA

View Full Version : Weekender 2017 - 26th to 29th May

alan c
07-09-2016, 02:08 PM
As we all had a great time in Wales last May if have provisionally booked rooms for next year at the same hotel www.metropole.co.uk

Spring bank holiday weekend Fri 26tth to Mon 29th May

Please add names and room type if you wish to attend as I need to confirm rooms in the next couple of weeks. A non refundable deposit of £20 per person will be needed in November.

BOOKING FORM

http://www.thelasturl.net/UKMOC/WE17/UKMOC_Weekender2017_BookingFormBlank.docx

Would be great to see some new members attend, it is always a great weekend, if you wish to ask any questions please pm me and I will pick up asap.

details below -

I have a maximum of 25 bedrooms which match up with this year’s event, I have a different private dining facility available also.

Friday/Saturday 27th/28th May 2017.

£76 per person per night (sharing) for the Friday & Saturday nights

£86 per night for Friday and Saturday nights

£56.00 per person sharing for the Sunday evening to include BB only

£66.00 per person for the Sunday evening to include BB only

an extra £10 per room per night supplement for superior rooms and £20 per room per night supplement for tower bedded rooms (subject to availability)

to include accommodation, full Welsh breakfast, 3 course dinner including tea & coffee, use of spa facilities, parking set aside and private dining facilities are acceptable.

Non resident dinners @ £26.00 pp

Individual cancellations are possible up to 14 days prior to arrival (non-refundable deposit would be retained. Thereafter any cancellations received up to 7 days prior to arrival are charged at 60% of the booking value. Cancellations received 48 hours or less, or any non-arrivals, will be charged for in full. All charges are subject to our not re-selling any released accommodation.

J.P
07-09-2016, 02:38 PM
Room Bookings :
Alan C
J.P & Bex - 3 nights - Double Room.

MrsC_772
07-09-2016, 07:53 PM
Room Bookings :
Alan C
MrsC_772 & AndyC_772 - 3 nights - superior double room

rollo22
07-09-2016, 08:01 PM
Room Bookings :
Alan C
Rollo & Jo 3 nights - Tower room

mart64
07-09-2016, 09:22 PM
Room Bookings :
Alan C
mart64 - 3 nights.

J.P
08-09-2016, 07:35 AM
Room Bookings :
Alan C
J.P & Bex - 3 nights - Superior Double Room.
mart64 - 3 nights.

BigOz
08-09-2016, 02:44 PM
Room Bookings :
Alan C
mart64 - 3 nights
BigOz -3 nights

Char
09-09-2016, 02:26 PM
Room Bookings
Alan C
mart64 - 3 nights
BigOz -3 nights
UKSurfer & Char - 3 nights (first floor easy stumbling distance to front door to allow quick access to purveyors of finest cider and pork based snacks over the road preferred)

bigredduke
09-09-2016, 07:19 PM
Room Bookings
Alan C
mart64 - 3 nights
BigOz -3 nights
UKSurfer & Char - 3 nights (first floor easy stumbling distance to front door to allow quick access to purveyors of finest cider and pork based snacks over the road preferred)
Bigredduke - Fri/Sat nights single room pls. (I might even bring a bike this time)

Grumpy
09-09-2016, 07:52 PM
Room Bookings
Alan C
mart64 - 3 nights
BigOz -3 nights
Bigredduke - Fri/Sat nights single room pls. (I might even bring a bike this time)
Grumpy - 2 nights, single room ( I might turn upon a Ducati this time!!)

jonzi
09-09-2016, 09:00 PM
I might come, I might bring the family, but if I (we) do come, then I suspect it will be a last minute decision based on if the baby is being an a hole or not.

Dirty
09-09-2016, 09:13 PM
( I might turn upon a Ducati this time!!)

Yeah yeah :biggrin:

Albie
09-09-2016, 10:56 PM
Yeah yeah :biggrin:

When I thought you was coming too lol. It's a nice place to go. I think I may be on my own if I come along. Car is no fun. Two up is too far inc luggage and time constraints for us.

Dirty
10-09-2016, 04:46 PM
When I thought you was coming too lol. It's a nice place to go. I think I may be on my own if I come along. Car is no fun. Two up is too far inc luggage and time constraints for us.

Are you hinting at us sharing a cosy double mate? :D

Albie
10-09-2016, 08:03 PM
Are you hinting at us sharing a cosy double mate? :D

Not if you snore lol

alan c
12-09-2016, 07:59 AM
Room Bookings
Alan C
mart64 - 3 nights
BigOz -3 nights

Kazza
12-09-2016, 09:25 PM
Room Bookings
Alan C
mart64 - 3 nights
BigOz -3 nights
Kazza & Neil - 3 nights - Superior Double room

Stinger101
13-09-2016, 07:06 AM
Room Bookings
Alan C
mart64 - 3 nights
BigOz -3 nights
Stinger101 - 2 nights - Classic double

rollo22
13-09-2016, 07:56 AM
Room Bookings
Alan C
mart64 - 3 nights
BigOz -3 nights

alan c
13-09-2016, 11:52 AM
Room Bookings
Alan C - 3 nights - Single room
mart64 - 3 nights - single room
BigOz -3 nights - single room

alan c
13-09-2016, 07:24 PM
Room Bookings
Stinger101 - 3 nights - Single room

alan c
15-09-2016, 07:01 AM
Room Bookings
Grumpy - Fri/Sat nights, single room ( I might turn upon a Ducati this time!!)

MrsC_772
15-09-2016, 06:45 PM
Anyone else out there who hasn't been to a Weekender before, and is in 2 minds about going - go for it!

Those of us who went to Wales last year had a great time (despite the weather). The local roads are so good that even in the pouring rain we had some cracking good rides. The A483 Newtown to Crossgates is a classic for a reason.

The Metropole hotel made us feel very welcome, and with a swimming pool and spa, even the non-riding other halves had something to enjoy.

Char's comment hints at the wonderful Arvon Alehouse just across the road from the hotel - a proper no-nonsense but friendly pub with great real ale, cider and a splendidly esoteric range of other drinks (mead, Welsh gin etc.)

While the Weekender is a good opportunity to catch up with old friends, it's always lovely to welcome some new faces.

Dirty
15-09-2016, 07:47 PM
Any pictures of last year. I don't remember seeing any?

Ursa
15-09-2016, 08:12 PM
Is there an itinerary?

uksurfer
15-09-2016, 08:17 PM
Any pictures of last year. I don't remember seeing any?

You Don't need photos, just turn up :)

Dirty
15-09-2016, 08:22 PM
You Don't need photos, just turn up :)

Yeah, I got a similar response last time I asked a couple of years back. I was just thinking a few pics of all the fun, some shots of the trophy winners next to their winning bikes etc etc might be good advertising and could tempt along a few new members. Kind of 'Ooh that looks like an excellent blast, I want to join in'.
I could be wrong of course. Maybe the idea is to keep it all a bit secret and intrigue people into coming along? :biggrin:

Ursa
15-09-2016, 08:27 PM
Dirty is right, I'm not going to commit the equivalent money for a nice Continental city break on a bank holiday weekend, if all I get is a link to a hotel in mid Wales, and a list of people taking rooms. I've met a lot of you and it's not enough to convince me, so I don't know how new faces would be persuaded to come along on that basis.

Albie
15-09-2016, 08:56 PM
I have to say I that's we turned up in a mini for reasons beyond my control and still enjoyed it. I will say I was jealous and regretful of not being on my bike. Had a blast keeping up or trying too at least. Eveni don't take pics anymore. It's more about being with everyone I did have in car video though around those twisty mountain roads.

Ursa
15-09-2016, 09:06 PM
Still doesn't answer my question, I meet club members regularly throughout the year, I have no idea if this is meant to be a riding holiday or a general **** up with a bit of riding included, so repeated posts about new faces would be welcome, like I said, a bit more info on what to expect would be a good place to start.

MrsC_772
15-09-2016, 09:08 PM
I don't recall many photos being taken this year, to be honest. Sunday afternoon's weather was not really conducive to hanging around in the car park, tyre kicking and admiring.

But the fact that many of us who were there have already put our names down for 2017 shows just how good the hotel and the mid-Wales roads were, even if conditions were such that a prize was awarded for the filthiest dirtiest Monster (not the cleanest shiniest one).

The idea is not to keep the plan secret - normally the itinerary is published here on the forum a few weeks before the Weekender. I'm sure Alan will let us all know what the plan for the weekend is nearer the time.

The usual format involves everyone turning up on the Friday afternoon/evening in time for drinks & dinner. Saturday there's a ride-out or ride-outs (in previous years/locations we've sometimes gone to e.g. a motor museum, but this year we offered a choice of longer & shorter rides to the Brecon Beacons & Snowdonia). Saturday evening a big dinner in the hotel & more drinks & sometimes after dinner entertainment (live band or silly quiz). Sunday morning there's usually the "National" ride-out, to which day visitors are very welcome, followed by the bike show, raffle and then either a ride home, or for those staying Sunday night, a few more beers & normally dinner somewhere other than the hotel.

Of course Alan might decide to shake things up a bit, but I think we can be sure of great roads in the day followed by great beer/cider and a good laugh in the evenings.

In response to Ursa's query - there's definitely a higher ratio of riding to drinking on the UK weekender than the Belgium trip. One reason we offered a choice of ride-outs was so that if you did want to do a long (nearly 200 mile) ride out, you could, but if you wanted a shorter ride (with more time to spend in the hotel pool or bar) that was also a possibility.

alan c
16-09-2016, 07:09 AM
Hi All, Please see last years itinerary below. 2017 will be similar and will be posted nearer the time.
I know it may seem early to start booking but Hotels book up well in advance and when we are looking at say 25 rooms we need to start now.
The weekender is always a great event and we have visited various areas over the years.
Last years Wales weekender was a great success and a lot of comments were made about going back to ride the great roads and enjoy the hotel/bar banter etc.
There are various photos in the weekender archive, I will ask someone to see if they can put a few together to posts up.

Weekender 2016 itinerary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only 5 weeks to go

Andy & I thought it's about time to share with you all our plans for the weekend.

Friday 29th April

4.00 onwards - arrive and check in
7.30 - meet for drinks in Spencer's Bar
8.00 - dinner

Saturday 30th April
Breakfast 7.30 to 9.30

Choice of two ride outs:

Andy's Great Northern route
Departing 10.00 a.m. a figure of 8 route of 184 miles heading up into Snowdonia, with spectacular lake and mountain views, lunch at the Lakeside cafe (and 2 fuel stops at 60 and 120 miles). In the unlikely event that the "guaranteed sunshine" fails to materialise, the route can be cut short at the crossover point.

OR

A Brecon Beacons Bimble
Departing at 11.00, for the 75 mile shorter route, a fun mix of A and B roads heading south to the Brecon Beacons with a tea/lunch stop at the very welcoming Owls Nest Cafe, Llandovery

Before dinner at 7.30, there should be time to check out the hotel spa, and/or the Arvon Alehouse across the road.

After dinner, the Great Welsh Pub Quiz!

Sunday 1st May

Breakfast 8-10 am
10:30 - the National Monster Ride Out - we know what JP has planned, and we're sure you'll love it!
Lunch wherever and whenever you fancy
Afternoon: get your vote in for the 2016 Bike Awards!
15:00 - awards presentation, followed by...
15:30 - the raffle, in aid of the Wales Air Ambulance

After the raffle – chill out, back to the spa and/or bar, and head out for dinner - we'll see what people fancy (although I'd never object if the vote is for curry!)

Monday 2nd May
Breakfast 7.30 to 9.30
Check out by 11 am.

If anyone would like the gpx files of the Saturday ride-out routes for their satnavs, let me or Andy know and we can make them available before the weekender. We'll provide hard copies of the routes in the welcome packs.

There are still rooms available if anyone else is tempted to join us (whether for all 3 nights, 2 or even just 1). PM me or AndyC_772 if you're interested.

Likewise, if you fancy just turning up for the day, whether to join us for the National Rideout and/or the show on the Sunday, or one of the Saturday rides, you'd be very welcome.

Looking forward to seeing you all

Kazza
16-09-2016, 10:01 AM
Sounds great and we're really looking forward to it :-)

AndyC_772
16-09-2016, 11:51 AM
Still doesn't answer my question, I meet club members regularly throughout the year, I have no idea if this is meant to be a riding holiday or a general **** up with a bit of riding included, so repeated posts about new faces would be welcome, like I said, a bit more info on what to expect would be a good place to start.

The Weekender is an opportunity to get together with some like-minded friends, enjoy riding your bike over some great roads, then retire back to the hotel for food, drink and banter afterwards.

There are usually planned rides on the Saturday and Sunday, which last for the whole morning (and in the case of last year's long ride, well into the afternoon as well, with breaks for tea and lunch). You don't have to go out on all of them, of course, but most people do, and for me it's the main focus of the trip. There is, after all, little point in riding to a part of the world with such great roads and scenery if you don't get out there and enjoy them.

In previous years we've had a variety of other activities planned as well. These vary from one year to another and are down to whoever is doing the organising. Usually there's some kind of competition and a charity raffle, plus anything else that happens to be available in the area on the day.

I guess the straight answer to your question, is that it's a riding holiday, based somewhere that has great roads, with good food and an excellent bar to enjoy after each day out. What's not to like?

alan c
18-09-2016, 08:29 PM
Keep the bookings coming please :thumbsup:

Room Bookings

Mario
19-09-2016, 03:02 AM
Room Bookings
Alan C
mart64 - 3 nights
BigOz -3 nights
Mario- 3 nights, double room single occupancy

Mario
19-09-2016, 03:06 AM
Sorry, copy and paste correct this time with all bookings.

Room Bookings

alan c
19-09-2016, 06:48 AM
Sorry, copy and paste correct this time with all bookings.

Room Bookings

Thanks Mario, look forward to meeting you

jonzi
19-09-2016, 08:34 AM
Hey Mario!

If I do come, ill bring one of my Portuguese ukuleles

Mario
19-09-2016, 08:54 AM
Hey Dan. With that offer you must come along. Last year was great apart from the weather but this year we are going later in May, so hopefully it will better.

alan c
19-09-2016, 09:26 AM
Room Bookings
Mario- 3 nights - Single room

utopia
19-09-2016, 11:34 AM
Last year was great apart from the weather but this year we are going later in May, so hopefully it will better.

This is a good plan but unfortunately for me, it clashes with a provisional plan to go to the TT.
Then again, we haven't actually made the bookings yet and it may now be too late for TT 2017.
If that's the case, I'll definitely be at the weekender.
In fact, I might even pack a tent and mosey on up to Liverpool on the Monday and chance my arm at getting a ferry cancellation ticket. :idea:

Sorry that's all a bit vague and non-committal (in my familiar style) but I wanted to at least express an interest rather than say nothing.
And tbh, I think the TT plan may already be scuppered.
My weekender booking would be for 2 nights (an option on a third night would be handy), single room, and I'm quite happy to chance the £20 deposit, but don't want to be a nuisance with my shilly-shallying.
Dunno whether to copy and paste into the list on that basis or not.

Hey Mario!

Careful .... someone might get roped in to playing accompaniment in a rendition of my Monster-lurve song. :eek:

Char
19-09-2016, 11:44 AM
Hey Mario!

Arvon Ales

Regular Sunday Folk Session (2nd and 4th Sunday of every month) from 4 pm. All Welcome. A mixture of song and music (and een dance sometimes), very friendly session, all levels welcome

https://www.facebook.com/events/881201075348811/

Book your slot now!!!!

alan c
19-09-2016, 12:29 PM
Hi Matey, would be best to add your name and risk the deposit. Would be great to have you along. Think TT maybe booked up !

This is a good plan but unfortunately for me, it clashes with a provisional plan to go to the TT.
Then again, we haven't actually made the bookings yet and it may now be too late for TT 2017.
If that's the case, I'll definitely be at the weekender.
In fact, I might even pack a tent and mosey on up to Liverpool on the Monday and chance my arm at getting a ferry cancellation ticket. :idea:

Sorry that's all a bit vague and non-committal (in my familiar style) but I wanted to at least express an interest rather than say nothing.
And tbh, I think the TT plan may already be scuppered.
My weekender booking would be for 2 nights (an option on a third night would be handy), single room, and I'm quite happy to chance the £20 deposit, but don't want to be a nuisance with my shilly-shallying.
Dunno whether to copy and paste into the list on that basis or not.

Careful .... someone might get roped in to playing accompaniment in a rendition of my Monster-lurve song. :eek:

J.P
19-09-2016, 04:18 PM
I have no idea if this is meant to be a riding holiday or a general **** up with a bit of riding included.

It's both obviously.
1) Do you want to have the opportunity to ride some of the best roads in the UK ?
2) Do you want to have a laugh and a chat with a larger group of the UKMOC, a group that can't always get together regularly because of the spread of owners ?
3) You mentioned cost, yes that's a factor, but this is the UK, dream on if you think a nice hotel, nice food and a bank holiday weekend come cheap. Of course you can go for a weekend in Europe cheaper, but can you take your bike and ride great roads and still keep the costs down ?
4) Euro-recovery is a lot more expensive than UK-recovery if your bike breaks down. :)

alan c
20-09-2016, 06:49 AM
Keep the bookings going please, you know you want too !

Room Bookings

alan c
21-09-2016, 09:20 AM
Keep the bookings going please, you know you want too !

1200 views and only 12 rooms booked, members need to get out more !!

Room Bookings

utopia
21-09-2016, 10:13 AM
Room Bookings
Utopia - 2 nights, possibly 3, single room (unless I get a TT booking)

alan c
22-09-2016, 11:52 AM
Thanks for booking, please confirm what 2 nights :thumbsup:

Room Bookings
Utopia - 2 nights, possibly 3, single room (unless I get a TT booking)

alan c
25-09-2016, 04:40 PM
Room Bookings
Utopia - Fri/Sat nights, possibly 3, single room (unless I get a TT booking)

slob
30-09-2016, 12:00 PM
Room Bookings
slob & Thuli - 3 nights - double/twin room of some sort

alan c
03-10-2016, 02:32 PM
Booking form will be added by end of the week :ukm:

chris yeatman
14-10-2016, 05:18 PM
Room Bookings
chris y- sat/sun night single room please.

chris yeatman
14-10-2016, 05:21 PM
if possible could you pm me any updates please.

alan c
16-10-2016, 03:36 PM
if possible could you pm me any updates please.

Great to have you along :spin:

alan c
17-10-2016, 11:47 AM
Please see booking form attached to first post

alan c
19-10-2016, 10:14 AM
Room Bookings
Stinger101 - 3 nights - Standard Double

alan c
20-10-2016, 07:18 PM
Room Bookings

Alan C - 3 nights - Single room - deposit paid
J.P & Bex - 3 nights - Superior Double Room. deposit paid
MrsC_772 & AndyC_772 - 3 nights - superior double room deposit paid
Rollo & Jo 3 nights - Tower room deposit paid
UKSurfer & Char - 3 nights - Double room
Kazza & Neil - 3 nights - Superior Double room deposit paid
Stinger101 & Tracey - 3 nights - Standard Double deposit paid

J.P
21-10-2016, 08:04 AM
Nice to see the money rolling in.
Lots of spaces still available I'm sure for all those new club members to come along and join a fun day/weekend.

sapone cremoso
21-10-2016, 11:46 AM
Think Casey & I will be along for this one:banana::booze::yoparty::dizzy:

alan c
21-10-2016, 11:51 AM
Think Casey & I will be along for this one:banana::booze::yoparty::dizzy:

Would be great, you will love the roads and the beer :biggrin:

get your forms and deposit in asap.

do not think there are any single rooms left ?

alan c
22-10-2016, 12:33 PM
Room Bookings

Tom - 3 nights - Twin room - share with Stephan
Stephan - 3 nights - Twin room

alan c
23-10-2016, 07:41 AM
Room Bookings

Bigredduke - Fri/Sat nights single room pls. deposit paid

alan c
30-10-2016, 10:46 AM
mart64 - 3 nights - single room - deposit paid
BigOz -3 nights - single room - deposit paid
UKSurfer & Char - 3 nights - Double room - deposit paid
Kazza & Neil - 3 nights - Superior Double room - deposit paid
Stinger101 & Tracey - 3 nights - Standard Double - deposit paid
slob & Thuli - 3 nights - double/twin room of some sort - deposit paid
chris y- sat/sun night single room please. - deposit paid

alan c
31-10-2016, 02:39 PM
Grumpy - 2 nights, single room - deposit paid
Utopia - Fri/Sat nights, possibly 3, single room - deposit paid

LouSCannon
01-11-2016, 05:43 AM
LouSCannon - 2 nights - single room

Money sent, can't seem to see an email address to send the form to though?

LouSCannon
01-11-2016, 05:46 AM
Oh, and I'll bring me camera.

alan c
01-11-2016, 07:02 AM
Oh, and I'll bring me camera.

Great news, can you confirm what days and room type, think singles may have gone but sure I can change things for you !

JP said can you arrange a long walk for him on Sunday morning :worried:

LouSCannon
01-11-2016, 07:07 AM
Cheers Al, Friday and Saturday ta... :)

Sure I can come up with a reasonable walk, perhaps a little 50km warm up walk?? ;)

alan c
01-11-2016, 07:59 AM
LouSCannon - Fri/Sat nights - single room

alan c
01-11-2016, 08:01 PM
LouSCannon - Fri/Sat nights - single room - deposit paid

alan c
03-11-2016, 07:21 AM
Alan C - 3 nights - Single room - deposit paidJ.P & Bex - 3 nights - Superior Double Room. deposit paid
Mario- 3 nights - Single room - deposit paid
Tom - 3 nights - Twin room - share with Stephan - deposit paid
Stephan - 3 nights - Twin room - deposit paid
LouSCannon - Fri/Sat nights - single room - deposit paid

alan c
03-11-2016, 07:29 AM
Thanks to all for prompt payment of deposits :thumbsup:

Please see below rooms now left at hotel.

Friday:
2 x double classics
3x classic twins
3 x superior either doubles or twins

Saturday:
1 x double classics
2 x classic twins
3 x superior either doubles or twins

Sunday
2 x double classics
1 x superior either doubles or twins

if you wish to attend I will need room booked and deposit before the end of November.

I have been informed there is another hotel locally that may have rooms and is cheaper.
Please let me know if interested.

alan c
15-11-2016, 06:54 AM
Just a reminder, rooms need to be booked by end of November.

Be great to have a few more members along :yoparty:

alan c
12-01-2017, 12:12 PM
Still have a few rooms available as below

2 x superior doubles for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday

2 x classic doubles for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday

2 x classic twins for the Friday and Saturday

Please confirm asap

slob
12-01-2017, 02:31 PM
We should also have some Ducati UK demo bikes there, I will post more information as soon as I confirm the details. Watch this space.

Grumpy
12-01-2017, 07:39 PM
We should also have some Ducati UK demo bikes there, I will post more information as soon as I confirm the details. Watch this space.

:thumbsup::biggrin:

alan c
13-01-2017, 06:37 AM
Great news about Demo bikes :yoparty:

Still have a few rooms available as below

2 x superior doubles for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday

2 x classic doubles for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday

2 x classic twins for the Friday and Saturday

Please confirm asap

J.P
16-01-2017, 02:08 PM
Well done Rob on negotiating with Ducati UK for the test bikes.

chris yeatman
24-01-2017, 05:05 PM
Alan
just thinking out loud, as I'm booked for staying Saturday night and Sunday night, how much would it be if was to stay the Friday night as well? and would it be possible to stay the Friday night?

alan c
24-01-2017, 05:17 PM
Alan
just thinking out loud, as I'm booked for staying Saturday night and Sunday night, how much would it be if was to stay the Friday night as well? and would it be possible to stay the Friday night?

Hi Chris, I will check with hotel and get back asap

alan c
26-01-2017, 04:56 PM
Hi Chris, I will check with hotel and get back asap

Hi Chris, the room is available for Friday night and it will be £86

Let me know please

chris yeatman
26-01-2017, 07:24 PM
will do, thanks for finding out.

chris yeatman
04-02-2017, 07:48 PM
Alan thanks again for finding out but due having to spend more money on the s4r, I will only be staying at the hotel Saturday and Sunday. cheers.

alan c
05-02-2017, 03:03 PM
Alan thanks again for finding out but due having to spend more money on the s4r, I will only be staying at the hotel Saturday and Sunday. cheers.

No probs Chris

bazread
07-02-2017, 10:58 AM
Highbury B&B (LD1 6EA) now booked for Sunday Night 28th May, see you at the Metropole Hotel (LD1 5DY) on Sunday morning at 10:00 / 10:30am for the National Monster Ride :woot:

+1 for a Curry on Sunday evening :booze:

alan c
07-02-2017, 02:09 PM
Highbury B&B (LD1 6EA) now booked for Sunday Night 28th May, see you at the Metropole Hotel (LD1 5DY) on Sunday morning at 10:00 / 10:30am for the National Monster Ride :woot:

+1 for a Curry on Sunday evening :booze:

Great, see you there

utopia
12-05-2017, 02:55 PM
Well, I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull out of the weekender.
One of my oldest mates is getting married on the Saturday.
I was going to work around that as best I could, but now another family issue has come up which demands my attention on the sunday, and there's simply no room left for manoeuvre.
I'm gutted.
Wales was where I caught the Ducati bug in the first place, so I was seeing it as something of a pilgrimage .. and I missed the last welsh weekender too.

Anyway, I've informed the hotel.

Bugger.
And its my birthday on the Friday, too.

I'll still pay for my t-shirt but as I no longer strictly qualify I'm happy to make it available if anyone wants an extra medium on the day.

alan c
14-05-2017, 12:37 PM
shame matey, thanks for letting us and hotel know

Well, I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull out of the weekender.
One of my oldest mates is getting married on the Saturday.
I was going to work around that as best I could, but now another family issue has come up which demands my attention on the sunday, and there's simply no room left for manoeuvre.
I'm gutted.
Wales was where I caught the Ducati bug in the first place, so I was seeing it as something of a pilgrimage .. and I missed the last welsh weekender too.

Anyway, I've informed the hotel.

Bugger.
And its my birthday on the Friday, too.

I'll still pay for my t-shirt but as I no longer strictly qualify I'm happy to make it available if anyone wants an extra medium on the day.

J.P
23-05-2017, 07:09 AM
For anyone who hasn't noticed.
The weather is looking great for the weekend in Wales at the UKMOC Weekender.

If you own a bike and can be bothered to get off your backside for a ride on great roads with great people, come a long and join us for the Saturday for the Sunday if you want to ride over.

slob
23-05-2017, 07:13 AM
ssssshhhh never use the 'W' word

buzzbomb
23-05-2017, 09:28 AM
I won't mention the (w) word but have to say that the outlook do'es look extremely good, may I wish all those attending a safe and sunny weekend and I regret not being able to be there but we're entertaining Ducati friends from Italy.

Have a wonderful time....Babs & Geoff.

Mr Gazza
23-05-2017, 04:48 PM
Please can we have a loudest clutch competition?

I have partially changed my clutch for an EVR z48 alloy jobbie. That is to say I have painted the pressure plate, fitted shiny spring collars and an open cover, but not quite got as far as the baskets and plates!!
It's only done 30k.. I call it my little bucket of chuckles.. :chuckle:

bigredduke
23-05-2017, 08:50 PM
How about a version of this around the streets of Llandidrod Wells?

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/road-racing/maddest-bike-race

Dirty
23-05-2017, 10:55 PM
https://youtu.be/gqjEVRjKu0I

alan c
24-05-2017, 09:29 AM
How about a version of this around the streets of Llandidrod Wells?

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/road-racing/maddest-bike-race

Bring your two stroke !

BigOz
25-05-2017, 03:34 PM
I'm not going to be able to attend, my bike has developed a CAN bus issue and will be having a holiday on its own at Ducati ProTeam.

Andy

J.P
25-05-2017, 05:10 PM
I'm not going to be able to attend, my bike has developed a CAN bus issue and will be having a holiday on its own at Ducati ProTeam.

Andy

Ah shame Oz. Damned bad timing.

alan c
25-05-2017, 06:59 PM

Andy

Real shame Oz, hope you get bike sorted asap

jonzi
25-05-2017, 07:50 PM

Andy

Oz I have sent you an email.

You are more than welcome to borrow my bike, but I am going away tomorrow morning.

If you can get to Tring station before 9am tomorrow morning, you can use it.

LouSCannon
26-05-2017, 06:02 AM
Ffs that's a shame Oz, would have been great to see you. Hope you grabbed the chance to rag Dan's bike???

BigOz
26-05-2017, 07:19 AM
I had a couple of extremely generous offers but I just don't feel comfortable with accepting them.

Stafford
27-05-2017, 04:34 PM
Is there an itinerary anywhere?

Albie
27-05-2017, 05:48 PM
I had a couple of extremely generous offers but I just don't feel comfortable with accepting them.

I would have offered my scrambler but I know you don't like to take offers Shame though you missed out

Liz
28-05-2017, 06:47 AM
For anyone who hasn't noticed.
The weather is looking great for the weekend in Wales at the UKMOC Weekender.

If you own a bike and can be bothered to get off your backside for a ride on great roads with great people, come a long and join us for the Saturday for the Sunday if you want to ride over.

We will if someone could let us know the itinerary for today please :)

slob
28-05-2017, 07:08 AM
Leave hotel 10:30, Elan Valley, then Aberystwith for ice cream or chips and back again

Grumpy
28-05-2017, 07:11 PM
Great to see new faces and old. Thanks to everyone for a fun but short weekender for me.
My ride home was spirited apart from stopping to clean up the blackbird off my jacket and helmet ( which has been damaged by the impact!) Which I managed to hit !!
See you guys soon.

Mr Gazza
28-05-2017, 08:02 PM
Ditto very enjoyable weekend with lots of very pleasant and encouraging company.
Special thanks to Alan for doing most of the organising and being a magnificent host. Also to Andy for shepherding me along when I couldn't keep up with the run, riding tail end Charlie... Great ride though, even in the rain.

Jeez Grumps.. You damaged a Honda with your helmet?!?!

I came across a very fresh and horrendous head-on between a large artic' and a car on the A46 near Stratford (almost certainly a fatal I would imagine!).

I was trying to discreetly filter round the carnage and Police cars, when yet another one wailed and flashed onto the scene in front of me! I thought I was in for a right bollocking as the young officer jumped out and ran towards me, but he was laughing and kindly directed me safely through. It only remained to avoid the rest of the Warwickshire Constabulary, hurtling to the scene!!

bazread
28-05-2017, 10:20 PM
Only there for the Sunday but throughly enjoyed the ride over to Aberystwyth and back, really good curry & beer in the evenings and great to meet everyone. Thanks to Alan and Mart64 for making me feel welcome. I would recommend this event to everyone even if just for the day.

Ps Char's MV sounds bloody awesome !!!

chris yeatman
29-05-2017, 12:39 PM
Back home safe and sound
great weekend meeting up with old faces and new.
epic roads.
thanks to all concerned with organisations rideouts etc
and to uksurfer for letting me tag along

buzzbomb
29-05-2017, 03:46 PM
Come on folks there must be some pics of the event for us poor souls that couldn't make it:banghead:

slob
29-05-2017, 03:59 PM
Safely in a pub near Donington, it was nice until Telford and any showerproofness my clothes had stopped near Burton, Hope it clears up for tomorrow.
600 miles done, about 300 to go :-D

Big thanks to Alan C for organising, Andy and Mrs_C for route planning, J.P & UKsurfer for leading rideouts, Char for t-shirt orders and bex for the design. Plus anyone I've missed.

and of course everyone who showed up to make it a great weekend...

pics to follow...

Kazza
29-05-2017, 04:33 PM
As newbies to the Weekender - just wanted to say thanks to everyone for making us welcome. Neil and I loved every minute of it - some awesome roads and great banter. Can't wait for the next one :-).

uksurfer
29-05-2017, 04:49 PM
Is there an itinerary anywhere?

We will if someone could let us know the itinerary for today please :)

Sorry it's late, didn't see your post!

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=55151

Stafford
29-05-2017, 05:09 PM
Sorry it's late, didn't see your post!

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=55151

No problem, the only reply was too late for us to catch the ride out so we went to Dorset instead.

alan c
29-05-2017, 05:21 PM
What a great weekend. Thanks to all for making it great fun. Enjoyed the ride outs on superb roads, Elan valley was stunning ! Great banter and food !

Well done to Gazza as he won bike of the year and furthest travelled (288 miles)

I just pm'd him and he if very chuffed

Looking forward to next year

chris yeatman
29-05-2017, 05:54 PM
well done Gazza.
tho it should of been the harley pmsl

Mr Gazza
29-05-2017, 06:51 PM
Woo Hoo! :woot: I'm more chuffed than the Chief Chuffer at the Chuffing works in North Chuffington.
This is very special and means such a lot to me... Thanks for voting for the old girl. (The oldest Monster there I think?)

Here's a picture of her at least a year ago, but all that's changed is a tricolour reflector, some MVS chain adjuster plates and a polished alloy open clutch cover... I'll get some up to date pics when I've finished cleaning her again... Still chuffed though.. :mand:

https://s7.postimg.org/wusn4z7i3/Monster_and_deer.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/jdvom3x6f/)

mart64
29-05-2017, 08:18 PM
Thanks to all for making a superb time, the blast on Sunday is memorable.
So good to meet new (to me) people and look forward to the same next year 👍
🍻

J.P
30-05-2017, 08:19 AM
UKMOC Weekender is ALWAYS fun. Those that don't come and join us are missing out, especially on the lovely roads in Wales.
Thanks to all the organisers and helpers along the way.

J.P
30-05-2017, 02:59 PM
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/JustinPhotis/7B6A4353-BBFA-4181-8991-98334037FE24_zpsrcetem0v.jpg (http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/JustinPhotis/media/7B6A4353-BBFA-4181-8991-98334037FE24_zpsrcetem0v.jpg.html)

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/JustinPhotis/C2A779D6-B489-4207-9247-022911AE65D2_zpsotxb1ryu.jpg (http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/JustinPhotis/media/C2A779D6-B489-4207-9247-022911AE65D2_zpsotxb1ryu.jpg.html)

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/JustinPhotis/B4F309C7-9963-4C5B-9DE5-12DCA3E81C0A_zps2kyqpdzx.jpg (http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/JustinPhotis/media/B4F309C7-9963-4C5B-9DE5-12DCA3E81C0A_zps2kyqpdzx.jpg.html)

J.P
30-05-2017, 03:00 PM
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/JustinPhotis/A5FE388E-4EBF-42FA-AC29-86A56EEEAE84_zpsc9wm5aed.jpg (http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/JustinPhotis/media/A5FE388E-4EBF-42FA-AC29-86A56EEEAE84_zpsc9wm5aed.jpg.html)

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/JustinPhotis/BBFEF98D-8CF3-4C21-952A-A88FF7771B55_zps6broftlm.jpg (http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/JustinPhotis/media/BBFEF98D-8CF3-4C21-952A-A88FF7771B55_zps6broftlm.jpg.html)

J.P
30-05-2017, 03:02 PM
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/JustinPhotis/64A12349-010C-4A87-83D9-2C292CEFA1C7_zpsevpnc3qw.jpg (http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/JustinPhotis/media/64A12349-010C-4A87-83D9-2C292CEFA1C7_zpsevpnc3qw.jpg.html)

RossObey01
30-05-2017, 06:24 PM
Looks like a great time had by all. I'm off on a long weekend to Wales on Friday, does anyone have the gpx. files from the Weekender that I could get a look at for some route ideas? Pretty please!

MrsC_772
30-05-2017, 09:25 PM
RossObey01 - I've sent you an e-mail with gpx files attached.

Kazza
30-05-2017, 09:26 PM
Love the pics JP

slob
31-05-2017, 07:40 AM
Got home just after 8pm yesterday with 928 miles on the clock, awesome long weekend!

alan c
31-05-2017, 09:20 AM
Got home just after 8pm yesterday with 928 miles on the clock, awesome long weekend!

Nice one Rob, how was the track day ?

slob
31-05-2017, 10:12 AM
Bloody brilliant, weather held all day!
50 bikes per session which wasn't too crowded at a track the size of Donington GP, 5 sessions of between 20 and 35 minutes, enough track time for my level of fitness, my legs really ache today.
Breakfast and lunch included, with talks from CEOs of Ducati UK and Donington Park, Niall Mackenzie and Glenn Irwin at lunchtime.
Redgate/Hollywood has been resurfaced, so the nasty overbanding has gone.
The pace was slower and less 'banzai' than most trackdays, Ducatisti taking care of their exotic toys I guess? Very few incidents with on track (only one or two single bike offs I'm aware of) marshalling and instruction from CSS.
I was put in the novices but got moved up to inters after the first session, still probably in the fastest few bikes in the group.
Personal highlight: Passing that Desmosedici RR several times :-D

http://www.thelasturl.net/img/no1.jpg

J.P
31-05-2017, 10:37 AM
Great Job Rob.
Certainly a good event by the sound of it. Lots of expensive toys on track by the pictures I've seen.

Wait till the pack turn up for Silverstone on the 29th June. :)

alan c
31-05-2017, 10:52 AM
Nice one Rob, pleased the weather was good, sounds like a great track day.

Day of rest today then !