PDA

View Full Version : Only gone and bought a Ducati

WhenImeetGod
24-08-2016, 10:55 PM
Hi
Having had a bike from just about every manufacturer, and having been in the motorcycle trade for 25 years, I worked out that I hadn't ever owned a Harley or a Ducati
Foolishly I bought Harley last year; bad move. Ok, so I bought it on eBay in a drunken moment (I must invent a breathalyzer that plugs into the USB port that won't let you bid when you've had too much)

Anyway, it was crap so thankfully she's gone.
I took an S2R in p/x and decided I'd have to buy her for myself
An 07 with just 5,000 on the clock and a lovely sounding Akrapovic on.

I've not had much time to ride her or take any pics but have booked a week in France in 6 weeks time; then I'll see if it was a good idea. I have ordered some bar risers just to take a little weight off the bars but otherwise a rucksack & a tail pack will do it

Cheers
TJ

damien666
25-08-2016, 12:49 AM
welcome.
Some knowlegable members on here should you need any advice or reccomendations when you start tinkering.......which we all seem to end up doing to our monsters!
Take some bike piccies from your france trip. :-)

Flip
25-08-2016, 04:14 AM
Yes indeed, welcome along and congrats on the Monster- lets hope you enjoy it as much as everyone here.

After almost eighteen years on owning my 900 and giving it a bit of a refresh recently I love it more than ever and (for me at least) find it perfect for whacking on some miles.

We definitely need some piccies (you'll need to upload them from a host site like Photobucket or Imageshack) especially of your trip to France- the smaller roads there just suit the Monster so well.

Here's a link to my France trip I did a couple of months back and also a little Saturday afternoon bimble I went on:

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=54124&highlight=france+trip

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=54177&highlight=france+trip

Grumpy
25-08-2016, 08:38 PM
Welcome aboard!
There are a few of us in the area, so keep an eye out on the forum for ride outs. Infact there is one to Duxford later this month, why not join in :)

Mr Gazza
26-08-2016, 05:00 PM
Hello and welcome.

Yeah...Come and see us at Duxford. http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=54035

Nottsbiker
26-08-2016, 07:37 PM
Welcome matey :)

Also off to France in 3 weeks but in the Accord as taking the kids with us (Border Collies).

WhenImeetGod
30-08-2016, 08:00 AM
Well, this is a better greeting than those miserable ****** on the Harley forum.
And yes Damien, the tinkering begins. Gotta raise the bars slightly and stick on a horrible Garmin nav mount.
Anyone tried fitting a Kreiga bag to the seat?

TJ

utopia
30-08-2016, 08:13 AM
And another welcome.
I'm sure you'll be back from France with a grin.
Bon voyage.

squarehead
30-08-2016, 03:28 PM
Welcome to :ukm: WIMG, nice choice of Monster :D

Grumpy
30-08-2016, 05:51 PM
Well, this is a better greeting than those miserable ****** on the Harley forum.
And yes Damien, the tinkering begins. Gotta raise the bars slightly and stick on a horrible Garmin nav mount.
Anyone tried fitting a Kreiga bag to the seat?

TJ

I've not met many Harley owners in the 30+ years of riding bikes who don't look at other bike owners with distaste!

As for the Kreiga bag, Stuart 42 uses them on his 796 and swears by them!
Drop him a line and have a chat.

MarkF
30-08-2016, 05:54 PM
Welcome to the house of everything costs twice as much :)

Geoff Ives
25-09-2016, 01:23 PM

But is twice the WOW factor.:biggrin:

slob
25-09-2016, 02:11 PM

riding slightly less than cutting edge models, that's definitely not my experience

... but welcome none the less

Blah blah
25-09-2016, 07:48 PM
and still no pictures... :grump: :biggrin: