PDA

View Full Version : Powerhouse Caliper seal Kits

DrD
26-07-2016, 01:37 PM
Anyone have any experience with Powerhouse Seal Kits?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-Monster-900-M900-1993-1994-1995-93-94-Brembo-front-brake-caliper-seal-kit-/151102115438?hash=item232e634e6e:g:1gwAAMXQAEFSC8n k

Need to investigate sticking piston and new seal kit seems appropriate at same time

chris.p
26-07-2016, 01:48 PM
Never been one for aftermarket caliper parts, I would give Ian a call at "Mode Performance", they are based in Silverstone and are the UK importers for Brembo.

jonzi
26-07-2016, 03:45 PM
Used them on a set of nissin monoblocks, on a track bike, also a brembo rear on a rad bike.

Both been pretty good, though the rear never gets used.

The front I have ragged around a european track for around 15 days, braking much harder than you ever would on the road and no mishaps

utopia
27-07-2016, 11:12 AM
Never been one for aftermarket caliper parts, I would give Ian a call at "Mode Performance", they are based in Silverstone and are the UK importers for Brembo.

I was under the impression that Brembo stopped supplying replacement seal kits some time ago because of legal issues arising from their fitment by incompetent folk and subsequent litigation.
I must admit, I'm only quoting heresay though.

I currently have issues with my rear caliper and was thinking of throwing a seal kit at it.
Powerhouse are the only supplier that I'm aware of .. though my search hasn't been particularly thorough.
Their website sounds pukka to me.

slob
27-07-2016, 12:17 PM
Sadly no Ducati master cylinder kits listed

jonzi
27-07-2016, 12:32 PM
Sadly no Ducati master cylinder kits listed

Apparently, you can get KTM ones and they are probably the same M/C's

uncle duke
27-07-2016, 02:34 PM
Used their seal kits to rebuild nissin 6 pots seemed fine .

chris.p
27-07-2016, 03:25 PM
I was under the impression that Brembo stopped supplying replacement seal kits some time ago because of legal issues arising from their fitment by incompetent folk and subsequent litigation.
I must admit, I'm only quoting heresay though.

I currently have issues with my rear caliper and was thinking of throwing a seal kit at it.
Powerhouse are the only supplier that I'm aware of .. though my search hasn't been particularly thorough.
Their website sounds pukka to me.

Give Ian a ring, they may refurb calipers or may recommend an alternative.

Darren69
27-07-2016, 06:19 PM
I think Powerhouse should be ok, they come highly recommended by classic bike and performance bike mags. I've had no dealings with them so I can't personally recommend them but would certainly consider them if I needed any work done on my brakes.

I think the main reason that the seal kits aren't listed by Ducati is that they do not stock Brembo spares but have an agreement with Brembo to buy in the whole units at a discounted price and not supply spares as part of said agreement. Which may or may not be related to any legal litigation issues or just a work around.

Maybe try Aprillia/KTM or BMW suppliers?