PDA

View Full Version : WANTED S4R Parts

DynoMan
18-07-2016, 08:13 AM
Hi all, You may recall last year I started a SURVIVOR restore on a 2004 996 S4R and after a lot of hard work I've got the bike in good working order! I've just got back from ten days riding in Germany Harz mountains and the old girl performed brilliantly but It did identify a few niggles that will need to be addressed. Has anyone got the following please:-
Clutch
Air box and throttle body brackets
Clutch master and slave cylinder
Seat
Helmet cable lock
Rear shock
Headlight glass
Fuel tank

Trying to keep it all original parts to preserve the build, thanks in advance to anyone that can assist.

Darren69
18-07-2016, 08:30 AM
I've got a couple of old standard clutches kicking about but they may not be any better than what you have. What clutch parts are you after. I have everything except the plates?

They're a consumable really and there's tons of better quality/better performance aftermarket stuff available. I just never throw anything away! :)

I think I may also have a spare standard clutch slave too, but I'd have to check.

M-Hit
18-07-2016, 09:50 AM
I've got a std. seat from a 2006. Drop me a pm if interested.

DynoMan
18-07-2016, 01:23 PM
I've got a std. seat from a 2006. Drop me a pm if interested.
Thanks Pm sent

Funkatronic
18-07-2016, 07:17 PM
i have an airbox from an 2006 s2r 1000 thats likely to be identical (but check the part codes

have an clutch slave too

think i have might have a sachs rear shock but i think its from a 696 monster (but it fits)

email me ukmoc {at} bdsolutions.co.uk if yr interested

new headlight glass can be bought from motobins as its same as bmw r80/r100

DynoMan
19-07-2016, 02:20 PM
i have an airbox from an 2006 s2r 1000 thats likely to be identical (but check the part codes

have an clutch slave too

think i have might have a sachs rear shock but i think its from a 696 monster (but it fits)

email me ukmoc {at} bdsolutions.co.uk if yr interested

new headlight glass can be bought from motobins as its same as bmw r80/r100
Email sent yesterday hope you got it?

DynoMan
19-07-2016, 02:27 PM
I've got a couple of old standard clutches kicking about but they may not be any better than what you have. What clutch parts are you after. I have everything except the plates?

They're a consumable really and there's tons of better quality/better performance aftermarket stuff available. I just never throw anything away! :)

I think I may also have a spare standard clutch slave too, but I'd have to check.
This old girl had been badly maintained and the clutch is horribly noisy but still works, having taken a look at the weekend it looks like it has the wrong friction plates in it as they have too much clearance on the ears to basket. I've checked the basket and it's ok with no signs of wear but the plates look like they are not for this model? I can't buy the friction plates from Ducati as they wont split the kit, also the clutch fluid has gone a dark colour despite being changed only 1000 miles ago so I guess the slave is suspect too.

Darren69
19-07-2016, 02:45 PM
This is what I'm running in my S4:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEWFREN-Clutch-plates-Ducati-Monster-996-S4R-2003-2006-/121927291109?hash=item1c636ed0e5:g:T-wAAOSwzhVWqdnt

The standard clutch slaves always seem to turn the fluid black pretty quick. Its not unusual as I've seen it on all my bikes I guess the seals aren't great. As long as its not leaking it should be ok.

Aftermarket slaves seem to fair better but eventually will turn black too, it just takes longer but you also get a 30% lighter clutch as the ratio is much better (larger slave cylinder).

Pedro
19-07-2016, 03:41 PM
This old girl had been badly maintained and the clutch is horribly noisy but still works, having taken a look at the weekend it looks like it has the wrong friction plates in it as they have too much clearance on the ears to basket. I've checked the basket and it's ok with no signs of wear but the plates look like they are not for this model? I can't buy the friction plates from Ducati as they wont split the kit, also the clutch fluid has gone a dark colour despite being changed only 1000 miles ago so I guess the slave is suspect too.

The tangs on the plates wear quite rapidly so what you've got is a set of worn plates, unlikely to be wrong parts. Stock tang to basket clearance is 0.6mm I think, my 900 has just over 2mm, it's fine just noisy. Turn the friction plates over, gets a bit more life out of them

Fluid in slave goes black from heat and if the pushrods spins the cylinder - all of my monsters have done this, no biggy really

DynoMan
19-07-2016, 06:39 PM
The tangs on the plates wear quite rapidly so what you've got is a set of worn plates, unlikely to be wrong parts. Stock tang to basket clearance is 0.6mm I think, my 900 has just over 2mm, it's fine just noisy. Turn the friction plates over, gets a bit more life out of them

Fluid in slave goes black from heat and if the pushrods spins the cylinder - all of my monsters have done this, no biggy really
Thanks pedro for the good advice, I'm going to check it again and maybe see if turning the plates will help.

Darren69
19-07-2016, 08:17 PM
Thanks pedro for the good advice, I'm going to check it again and maybe see if turning the plates will help.

Providing there is enough friction material left on them, give them a good clean in clutch cleaner and file the tangs flat and flip them over (might make the racket less loud). I don't think I've ever worn out the plates friction material before the lugs on the plates or the basket are so knackered that you have to chuck them anyway! :)

Pedro
20-07-2016, 12:28 PM

Have a look on eBay, friction plates only for £52