PDA

View Full Version : No Laughing!!

chris.p
11-07-2016, 05:18 PM
Please excuse the crap gear selections, late and wide apexes etc, not been on track for 4 years, I am a grandad and officially OLD!!!

https://youtu.be/dftUO9UouPo

Yorkie
11-07-2016, 06:03 PM
Looked okay to me, apart from those pesky sport bikes slowing you down.

Yorkie

iMOC
11-07-2016, 06:55 PM
Good one Chris - looks great. I'm still grinning about the whole day :)

I'll have to get one of my vids uploaded so you can see the 'real racing lines' around Cadwell! :chuckle:

emzedder
11-07-2016, 07:16 PM
Sensible, courteous and controlled, I thought you looked good ... need more like your type on track days

slob
12-07-2016, 08:43 AM
2mins round Cadwell on a naked bike isn't too shabby Chris

chris.p
12-07-2016, 09:43 AM
Sensible, courteous and controlled, I thought you looked good ... need more like your type on track days

Sensible = too old.:)

Courteous and controlled = lacking ba**s and fear of dropping road bike. :)

Slob, would have prefered low 1.50's, the mind wanted to, but the body failed to deliver:biggrin::biggrin:

iMOC
12-07-2016, 03:12 PM
Here's my effort. Camera mount not tightened down enough hence wobbly video and vibe noise at high revs. 2nd track day ever, and first time at Cadwell Park

https://youtu.be/1dgnRn5dAPY

chris.p
12-07-2016, 04:24 PM
Here's my effort. Camera mount not tightened down enough hence wobbly video and vibe noise at high revs. 2nd track day ever, and first time at Cadwell Park

https://youtu.be/1dgnRn5dAPY

Looking good through Hall Bends there Mike :thumbsup:

emzedder
12-07-2016, 07:23 PM
Sensible = too old.:)

Courteous and controlled = lacking ba**s and fear of dropping road bike. :)

Slob, would have prefered low 1.50's, the mind wanted to, but the body failed to deliver:biggrin::biggrin:

I first started doing track days maybe 25 odd years ago when the intention was for folk to experiment, push their machinery beyond what was legal and reasonable on the road in relative safety (all traveling the same direction!). It has progressed to stage were anyone that doesn't turn up on the latest stuff and isn't pushing to the limit is some sort of feeble failure ... thank goodness for Classic Trackdays and the run what you brung mentality ....

chris.p
12-07-2016, 08:19 PM
I first started doing track days maybe 25 odd years ago when the intention was for folk to experiment, push their machinery beyond what was legal and reasonable on the road in relative safety (all traveling the same direction!). It has progressed to stage were anyone that doesn't turn up on the latest stuff and isn't pushing to the limit is some sort of feeble failure ... thank goodness for Classic Trackdays and the run what you brung mentality ....

Was a bit of a tongue in cheek reply ��, no way would I go in a standard track day due to idiots on track only bikes they think they can handle, but can not.

This was an MSV "Road Bike Only" track day, as I said not keen on standard track days.

I am an ex racer, used to race F400, while I still had my ACU licence but no longer raced, I would do ACU licence holders only practice days on my brothers Desmo Due race blike, less red flags, and less idiots, racers are more courteous, strange but true.

Thanks for your compliments though.

alan s4
13-07-2016, 12:35 PM
What are the flashing red lights on the dash - revs too low for a limiter - is that T/C ABS flashing?

chris.p
13-07-2016, 12:46 PM
What are the flashing red lights on the dash - revs too low for a limiter - is that T/C ABS flashing?

Ducati Traction Control kicking in, I could not see them as the GoPro obscured them most of the time, I had it set on the 3rd out of the 4 levels, possibly should have set on the 2nd setting.(they also come on when you hit the rev limiter).

pegboy
17-07-2016, 04:50 PM
Look good, but what's important that you had fun and you and bike came home in one piece