PDA

View Full Version : Monster 1100 Evo Silencer

Richparker
03-06-2016, 08:32 AM
Hi I would like to replace the silencer on my Monster 1100 Evo. I narrowed it down to either the SC Project or the Spark low mount. Has anyone got any experience of either or any thoughts?

http://www.sc-project.com/ducati_monster_1100_EVO_photogallery_oval_line.htm

http://motowheels.com/i-8933403-spark-monster-m1100-evo-round-slip-on-carbon-fiber.html

Cheers

Richard

Aviatore
03-06-2016, 09:16 AM
I love my SC project "silencer". Its a whole lot lighter than the stock can on the Evo, super easy to fit and it just sounds epic. With the dB killer in or out its got good sounds and I notice that when its out traffic hears me filtering up and knows I'm there.

I've got the D07-01O Black Stainless with carbon cap and the styling fits with the rest of the black subframe pretty well on my Red/White bike.

Richparker
03-06-2016, 09:31 AM
Hi Aviatore Thanks for the reply. To be honest I'm really leaning towards the SC Project. It's about £300 cheaper than the Spark and from what I've been able to find, no-one has a bad word to say about them. How does yours compare to the stock silencer in regards to tone? I would like something with a deep tone, similar to stock but with a bit more volume :) Thanks
Richard

Aviatore
03-06-2016, 04:38 PM
I'm sure you've checked out all the videos on youtube of the SC exhaust on the MEvo. The computer just can't capture it. I was lucky and heard it live at a dealership in Cali so if you can hear one in person that would be best. Don't know if anybody is close to you that can demo it, closest I'm getting to Leicester anytime soon is an airshow at Shuttleworth this Sunday. Could ride out there if the weather is agreeable and meet you afterwards or during my lunch break if you're free.

For the sound its been a while since I had the stock exhaust on so I've forgotten exactly how it sounded. I do remember that I liked the stock sound but the SC just sounded better. I don't know if its a deeper note per se but it just felt more rounded and guttural. It also had extra qualities like gurgling and popping during deceleration which I like.

You'll have all the volume you could hope for without the dB killer and enough to make you happy with it in.

Richparker
03-06-2016, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the very kind offer but I'm all over the place this weekend. I've not heard any bad feedback on the SC. The trouble with the videos on Youtube is that they all sound different - depends on the device they used I suppose. Your opinion is very much appreciated - thanks again.

bazread
03-06-2016, 05:26 PM
+1 for the SC Project for me, I suppose the question is also single or double can?

Richparker
03-06-2016, 08:46 PM
Don't know if I've done the right thing but a Termignoni appeared on Ebay this afternoon that looks to be in mint condition - got it for £460 including the ECU, filter and filter housing. Hope I don't come to regret it!

Dukedesmo
03-06-2016, 08:51 PM
You can't beat Termignoni, I've got them on both my Ducatis and I'm definitely a fan.

You know it makes sense... :thumbsup:

Aviatore
03-06-2016, 10:14 PM
Sounds like a good deal!

Darren69
04-06-2016, 06:24 AM
Proper job!