PDA

View Full Version : The Great UKMOC Vicars Tea Party. 12th June

Mr Gazza
28-05-2016, 07:50 PM
Well we've had the Great UKMOC Teddy Bears Picnic, so why not?

This is a run to the fabulous East Ruston Vicarage Gardens.
http://www.e-ruston-oldvicaragegardens.co.uk/pages/view/587/opening-times.htm

It should break the mould of runs to Military and Aviation Museums quite nicely.

The plan is to meet at 11.30am At Walkers Snacks Cafe. Mildenhall.
There's food and fuel there.
Push off about 12noon for a 70 mile run to East Ruston on the North Norfolk Coast.

We go via Thetford, Watton, Dereham, Aylsham and North Walsham.
Any of those towns can be a request stop for folk wishing to join the run at any point, just let me know or I will not stop..:biggrin:

I understand that the gardens have a tea and cake shop,but I'm betting that it will be pricey. So we can adjourn to the Kingfisher Cafe and Chip shop just a couple of miles down the road, once everyone has had enough of the fabulous and extensive Gardens.

Another run in the direction of home (Via fuel) can be arranged from here depending on the mood and the time.

My Family should be meeting us at the Gardens, so we will have a car to stash helmets and gear in...Great opportunity to meet your family here and enjoy the gardens together.

Hope this appeals?... It's not always about being a petrol head is it?...:biggrin::biggrin:

Dirty
28-05-2016, 08:35 PM
Is this instead of the teddy bears picnic this year mate?

Mr Gazza
28-05-2016, 08:49 PM
It's going to be instead of the June one, but I still intend to have another in the Autumn.

We talked about having a "Picnic" at High Beach...Do you fancy hosting it?

Mr Gazza
28-05-2016, 08:53 PM
Thinking about it Dirty...There's no reason why we couldn't have a Teddy Bears Picnic style meeting at Mildenhall on the 12th and just push off on the run a little later??

Grumpy
28-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Thinking about it Dirty...There's no reason why we couldn't have a Teddy Bears Picnic style meeting at Mildenhall on the 12th and just push off on the run a little later??

That's sounds like a plan :biggrin:
Count me in!

iMOC
29-05-2016, 10:55 AM
Me too please

Dirty
29-05-2016, 02:19 PM
We talked about having a "Picnic" at High Beach...Do you fancy hosting it?

Difficult to plan anything at moment due to very limited access to my bikes! I'm getting one out tuesday (fingers crossed) ready for Duxford but it is a military style operation involving multiple safe houses, cash stuffed envelopes and a train! :cool:

Mr Gazza
29-05-2016, 02:54 PM
it is a military style operation involving multiple safe houses, cash stuffed envelopes and a train! :cool:

No Mini Cooper's driving down storm drains then..??..:flag:

Darren69
29-05-2016, 03:09 PM
No Mini Copper's driving down storm drains then..??..:flag:

I actually hear the 'Mission Impossible' theme music!

Grumpy
29-05-2016, 03:59 PM

I actually hear the 'Mission Impossible' theme music!

Not the self Preservation Society!:biggrin:

Dirty
29-05-2016, 05:40 PM

No small policemen involved at all!

Grumpy
30-05-2016, 09:26 AM
No small policemen involved at all!

How about Benny Hill !!? :biggrin:

RossObey01
31-05-2016, 10:19 AM
Sounds good - I'll be there as long as it's not raining! The Mrs plans to meet us at the vicarage, too.

Mr Gazza
31-05-2016, 05:50 PM
Yay..! Great stuff chaps.

We have a Quorum already...:mand:

Gazza
Grumpy
ronnocoekim
RossObey01

utopia
31-05-2016, 09:11 PM
There may yet be diary developments but for now I'm definitely pencilled in.

Gazza
Grumpy
ronnocoekim
RossObey01
Utopia

RossObey01
31-05-2016, 09:54 PM
The Mrs is asking what time we expect to be arriving at the Vicarage, any ideas?

Mr Gazza
31-05-2016, 10:10 PM
Well the run will be just under an hour and a half...It is probably just over that to drive from Lynn. Given that we might push off a little after 12noon from Mildenhall we should expect to arrive at around 1.30pm.

Best bet is to give Mrs Obey a bell when things look like ready for the off and we should meet about the same time.?

Mr Gazza
05-06-2016, 10:49 AM
The gardens will be looking good after all this rain...Hopefuly bathing in nice sunshine too...The forecast is promising for the 12th.

I did some of the run route yesterday on the way home from Duxford...Rather more dual carriageway than I would have liked! But a few roundabouts for entertainment at the Thetford end..It gets better as it goes though..:mand: Some of Norfolks finest, including humpback bridges with bends on the top...:chuckle:

The last few miles are on a meandering single track road, so we can arrive quietly, all chilled out for a relaxing afternoon...:mand:

Looking forward to seeing you all.

RossObey01
08-06-2016, 10:26 AM
Fingers crossed for the weather, my forecast says chance of showers but temperature is still looking good. If the weather does hold out I'll be riding back to Devon later in the afternoon.

sapone cremoso
08-06-2016, 12:32 PM
I'll pop along if i don't drink too much saturday

RossObey01
11-06-2016, 05:50 PM
Whats everyone's thoughts on tomorrow, chance of showers but shouldn't be too bad?

Mr Gazza
11-06-2016, 06:25 PM
Yeah.. There is a chance of a shower or two drifting in off the Sea in the late afternoon, but we can keep an eye on the radar for those.

I splashed out on some new waterproof clothing at Tinklers last week...Unfortunately it was all caught on CCTV, so they said if I paid for the clothes, no more would be said..
That kept the rain away for Duxford last weekend, so lets hope it still works...:biggrin:

Looking forward to seeing everyone...lets hope not too many Sunday drivers get in the way...:biggrin:

Grumpy
11-06-2016, 07:40 PM
Looking forward to meeting you guys tomorrow at Mildenhall :biggrin:

RossObey01
11-06-2016, 08:39 PM
Slight change of plan for me tomorrow. Due to the impending ride from Norfolk to Devon tomorrow afternoon I'm going to meet you guys at Mildenhall for a coffee and slice of cake then head straight back rather than carrying on to the gardens.

Not ideal but it saves making a long day even longer by heading further into Norfolk.

Apologies, I was looking forward to the group ride!

Mr Gazza
11-06-2016, 09:00 PM
It'll still be good to see you again Ross...Not sure I would want to be adding a couple of hundred miles on to the front of a ride like that either.

iMOC
11-06-2016, 09:08 PM
Hey all

I may have to miss out on the full ride to the gardens, (wifey has made afternoon plans) but should be able to meet at Mildenhall.

@Grumpy - do you want to meet at Caxton Gibbet Svs prior to moving on to Mildenhall?

sapone cremoso
13-06-2016, 09:36 AM
Thank you for organising a great day Gazza. Good to meet some more youthful exuberance in the club too. You found some Awesome roads between Mildenhall & the gardens & the weather looked after us as well. Amazing gardens, as you know i'm very into plant life. Special thanks for pointing me in the right direction home too, cruzed back without a hitch & still didn't get wet. Bloody brilliant day, ta very much.

RossObey01
13-06-2016, 10:10 AM
Yup thanks Gazza, sorry I couldn't make the rest of it. Sam, did you manage to find a nice quiet area to enjoy the plants?

I got absolutely soaked on the way back to Devon. If anyone fancies a trip down this way let me know, there are some great roads.

sapone cremoso
13-06-2016, 11:17 AM
The whole thing was a nice quiet area to enjoy plants Ross, what a treat!

Mr Gazza
13-06-2016, 08:06 PM
Sorry I was late to the party....I slipped up and left home too late!
It was good to see you all at the cafe though. Thanks to Grumpy, RonO and Ross for turning out even if you couldn't make the run.

Thanks for all the kind words Sam...We had a blast didn't we...:biggrin:

73 dry miles of very mixed roads...Most of my favorite Norfolk twisty bits cunningly stitched together with enough straights to get past the Sunday drivers, who were mercifully few.

I enjoyed drinking in the splendour of the gardens with all it's criss-crossing long avenues, each with a stunning focal point or distant view, and a maze of little gardens in between.. It didn't take us long to get lost...Something new and different round each corner.
The hot humid weather really made the Tropical Rainforest sections come to life.

This outing deserved a bigger audience...I will repeat it next year if folk would like another chance to do it.

Grumpy
13-06-2016, 10:01 PM
Good to meet up with you guys.sorry for bailing out, the heavens opened up at Caxton on the way home, and stayed for a couple of hours!
Until next time.

emzedder
14-06-2016, 05:55 PM
Good that you enjoyed it, it is 5 mins from my house, my father-in-law was the original gardener when it was somewhat smaller but his hallmarks are still there. The owners have a magnificent classic car collection maintained by a friend of mine. Unfortunately I had other committments .... travelling on the Beeza!

Mr Gazza
14-06-2016, 06:15 PM
Sapone and I thundered past your house on the way to get petrol...Should have called to say hello I spose?
Didn't know you had a family connection there...Would have liked to have seen the car collection, but I don't recall seeing a building big enough...perhaps they are not on that site?

Clearly men of wealth and taste...:gay:

emzedder
14-06-2016, 06:29 PM
As you can imagine they are minted .... they have pre-war Rolls, Alvis that sort of thing for their own personal use, not for display.

Mr Gazza
14-06-2016, 06:33 PM
Some of Milligan's collection I wonder?