PDA

View Full Version : S2R stock exhausts

Casey Spooner
24-05-2016, 03:50 PM
I've got the stock exhausts fitted on my s2r however it sounds like a moped compared to my old bike with ducati performance exhausts. Is there a simple solution to making it a bit louder? Maybe a de cat pipe? If so where would I find one? Cheers in advance.

Dave G
24-05-2016, 04:32 PM
A de cat pipe will make the stock cans sound quite nice, that's what I've run for a long time now.
It's also a bigger difference than just putting endcans on the cat.
No idea where to get them now though, bear in mind the 800 and 1000 bypass pipes are different and not compatiblw wirh each other(800 and S4R bypass pipes are the same though)

Casey Spooner
24-05-2016, 04:53 PM
Cheers Dave, very interesting, now the hunt begins for the de cat pipe then, finding one really tricky to hunt down!

Martin Duke
24-05-2016, 05:26 PM
I've got the stock exhausts fitted on my s2r however it sounds like a moped compared to my old bike with ducati performance exhausts. Is there a simple solution to making it a bit louder? Maybe a de cat pipe? If so where would I find one? Cheers in advance.

I have been thinking of doing exactly the same - not sure if they still sell them, but Moore Speed Racing in Bournemouth used to advertise one. I did visit them hoping to see one before buying, but they are a special order part so they don't carry stock. I'm a bit wary as I'd like to see the quality of the item before I buy!
If anyone can recommend a decent quality part I'm interested to know about it.
Cheers. :gromit:

stopintime
24-05-2016, 06:02 PM
Year and model?

MonsterParts, MotoWheels and DesmoWorld have them for S2R800 - probably also for S2R1000

Casey Spooner
24-05-2016, 06:30 PM
Its a 2007 monster s2r. Thanks for your suggestions, they are all foreign stockists though and I was hoping to find one in the uk, or even someone on here. Martin - Moore Speed Racing still have them at £225 so I may well go for that one (if I don't get any other suggestions on here in the next few days). Thanks!

stopintime
24-05-2016, 06:38 PM
If it's a true '07 it has the EURO3 engine/exhaust/ECU and then an O2 sensor. The de-cat/mid-pipes for the '05 and '06 usually don't have a hole for it. You need that hole. The specific '07 pipes have it.

Casey Spooner
24-05-2016, 06:55 PM
That's good to know! It's the s2r 800 for avoidance of doubt.

Martin Duke
24-05-2016, 08:18 PM
Year and model?

MonsterParts, MotoWheels and DesmoWorld have them for S2R800 - probably also for S2R1000

Mine is a 2005 S2R 800. :gromit:

willber
25-05-2016, 08:31 AM
A de cat pipe will make the stock cans sound quite nice, that's what I've run for a long time now.
It's also a bigger difference than just putting endcans on the cat.
No idea where to get them now though, bear in mind the 800 and 1000 bypass pipes are different and not compatiblw wirh each other(800 and S4R bypass pipes are the same though)

My S2R 1000 was far louder with end cans and cat than de-cat and standard end cans!

Dave G
25-05-2016, 09:25 AM
My S2R 1000 was far louder with end cans and cat than de-cat and standard end cans!

I disagree, but then the difference could be in the different motors.

Given the initial choice between a decat pipe or endcans, the decat will free up more noise, at least on the 800.

I refitted my OE cans as I found the noise was satisfying enough for me without being obnoxiously noisy- I did have a cored set fitted for a while but found them too loud, it has the benefit of being completely road legal too, and even after 11 years of ownership I still think the OE cans are the nicest looking out of all the options I've seen ( the Mivv x cones had me very tempted though), I dont think I could point to any other bike where the original exhausts would be my preferred option.