PDA

View Full Version : Stall

dukiwi
27-02-2004, 02:48 PM
Hi,

My bike's rather new...only 300 miles so far. So far so good...but now when I put the bike into first gear for the first time after starting it up it makes a frightful "clunk" as it engages and the engine stalls. I have to gun the engine as i put it in gear otherwise it will stall. It's fine when it's warm. Is my cluth fluid too low (doesn't look it from the sight glass)? Not letting it warm up enough (2-3 minutes enough?) Standard behaviour and nothing a newbie like me should worry about?

Cheers,
Rich

Billy Bigwheels
27-02-2004, 03:09 PM
Take it back to the dealer you bought it from dukiwi. The clunk could be considered normal(ish) but the stalling not so. If the bike's less than 2 years old then the good old Ducati warranty will cover any work whether it was bought from a dealer or not.

CK & AK
27-02-2004, 03:34 PM
The stalling is because your clutch is dragging - and not separating properly. I had this when using non-motorcycle type oil, but I wouldnt have thought that your dealer would have put in the wrong oil.
Your plates are sticking for some reason - the clutch may need stripping to check to see why it is binding.

As BBWheels says, get it to your dealer.

AK

dukiwi
28-02-2004, 10:38 AM
bill + ak....thanks. that was what i suspected but didn't want to face. it's not that i mind being without the bike for a week or so...it's how am i going to avoid ordering dp cans while i'm down there?