PDA

View Full Version : Ducati Trackstar Snetterton Friday 20 May?

ValiantBoy
18-05-2016, 06:46 PM
Anyone get invited too, or is going too, this event on Friday?

I got an invite today, £50, 1/2 track day on 959 and 1299 Pinigales (two sessions + one on your own bike) plus 1/2 day road riding on ANY of the current Ducati models.... for £50!! At the end you get £100 voucher to spend at your local Ducati dealer.

Going to be a long day, but I'm dropping everything to do it, sorry family, job, bank balance. Man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

Of all the current Dukes, what would you want to test ride?

slob
18-05-2016, 06:50 PM
M1200R & Hypermotard 939SP

Monty
21-05-2016, 02:28 PM
Concur with your choice of bikes-I missed Snetterton on Friday-replied to late-but got offered Silverstone next Thursday-needless to say I grabbed it.
Cost me £50 for the day, oh, and another £50 for a new battery for the monster as mine decided to fail on me..... To be honest it has been hanging on for the last couple of years so no real complaints.
If anyone is going Thursday I will be on a black 900Sie, reg is V2MTY

john

ValiantBoy
22-05-2016, 10:06 AM
Bugger, if I know that was an option I would have preferred Silverstone, much closer!

Couple of things I learned from Friday:

if they are doing the trial rides of road bikes, get in early and put your name down as the slots went real fast; all gone by 8am.

If you are in the afternoon track session, and you are already there in the morning, go to the morning safety briefing; means you don't have to do the afternoon one which frees you up for another test ride (as they tend to run late so the last one doesn't get back in time for the briefing); and you get in early for lunch!

Enjoy, cracking day. See my post regarding noise test for S4RS with Termis for a bit more info on this event.