PDA

View Full Version : Radar Run (Chips involved)

Mr Gazza
07-05-2016, 06:23 PM
I know we've been before, but I personally never tire of museums. I've been to the Radar Museum several times and still haven't seen it all.

What say we meet at the Kingfisher Cafe, Walcott at about 12.30 on Saturday 14th May?

Plenty of time for Chips, coffee and mardle before we head off for the museum at about 1.30 via a wiggly way.
I will aim to arrive by 2.30 to catch one of thier Cold War talks which start every 1 1/2 hours from 11.30.
There are also WW2 talks from 10.30 every hour and half.

Museum entry is £10.
http://www.radarmuseum.co.uk/index.htm

The Skeyton Goat Car show is also on next weekend on Sun 15th May.
http://www.skeytongoatinn.co.uk/car-rally-2016/
I will only be putting in a cameo appearance this year...I went for the first time last year and was staggered at the size of it and the breadth of exibits...Well worth a look.

RossObey01
10-05-2016, 09:10 AM
Will have to have a chat with the Mrs (to be) because we're due to meet the vicar this Saturday.

BigOz
10-05-2016, 10:51 AM
RAF Neatishead? I went there as a Cadet when it was operational, interesting place.

Mr Gazza
10-05-2016, 05:57 PM
RAF Neatishead? I went there as a Cadet when it was operational, interesting place.

It's still operational...The longest operational in the world apparently.

Would love to hear about your visit...I find all those Cold War secrets fascinating..:mand:

Ross, let me know if you can make it or not. I might postpone this one till June if no-one else takes it up...Then we can have a proper crack at it.

iMOC
10-05-2016, 06:02 PM
It's still operational...The longest operational in the world apparently.

Would love to hear about your visit...I find all those Cold War secrets fascinating..:mand:

Ross, let me know if you can make it or not. I might postpone this one till June if no-one else takes it up...Then we can have a proper crack at it.

I can't make Sat 14th, but I'd be up for a late June visit - 18th or 25th :mand:

Grumpy
10-05-2016, 06:40 PM
I can't make Sat 14th, but I'd be up for a late June visit - 18th or 25th :mand:

We could combine with a chip run, say along the coast road after visiting the museum to Wells?

Mr Gazza
10-05-2016, 06:50 PM
If it goes to June it will be on the 11th, as the Museum only opens on the 2nd Saturday of the month...But.

The later half of June is roughly Teddy Bears Picnic time, so maybe a run out from Mildehall.?

Mr Gazza
10-05-2016, 06:58 PM
Just thinking out loud...I have been wanting to have a run to these stunning world class gardens.
http://www.e-ruston-oldvicaragegardens.co.uk/pages/view/564/home.htm

It would kind of break the mould regarding military museums and there are lots of nice roads that avoid the horrid coast road on Summer weekends... Splendid chips available only two miles down the road..:mand:

??????????

RossObey01
10-05-2016, 08:31 PM
No can do for this weekend - apparently planning the wedding takes priority? June should be fine providing I've not taking the Monster down to Devon by then.

utopia
10-05-2016, 08:48 PM
My two penn'orth would be....
I wouldn't have been that fussed about the museum but I might have come along for the run.
Except that I would've been busy on june 11th ... its Cassington Italian Bike Day.
I could quite fancy a stroll round the garden though.
Fish, chips and a small beer by the coast sometime later sounds good too.

LittleMonstar
10-05-2016, 09:36 PM
Museums not really my thing but might pop along for the ride👍

sapone cremoso
11-05-2016, 08:45 AM
Love a museum, can't make this we though

Dirty
11-05-2016, 10:35 AM
Just thinking out loud...I have been wanting to have a run to these stunning world class gardens.
http://www.e-ruston-oldvicaragegardens.co.uk/pages/view/564/home.htm

It would kind of break the mould regarding military museums and there are lots of nice roads that avoid the horrid coast road on Summer weekends... Splendid chips available only two miles down the road..:mand:

??????????

Blimey, that's an ell of a garden!

emzedder
11-05-2016, 06:05 PM
NW200 live on-line on Saturday ... can't be there in person this year so TV bound all day ...!

Grumpy
11-05-2016, 10:25 PM
If it goes to June it will be on the 11th, as the Museum only opens on the 2nd Saturday of the month...But.

The later half of June is roughly Teddy Bears Picnic time, so maybe a run out from Mildehall.?

Sounds like a plan!

Mr Gazza
12-05-2016, 05:19 PM
Okay...With apologies to LittleMonstar, I'm inclined to think we should knock Saturdays run on the head...My fault for not planning ahead enough.

Much as I like Museums with any aircraft connection whatsoever, It's probably time to give them a rest for a while?

Getting more exited about a big run to East Ruston Vicarage, and a route is starting to germinate already.

No-one could fail to be impressed and inspired by the huge and beautiful gardens as you wander through one magnificent World after another...I promise you will say "Wow!" a lot..:mand:

Good opportunity for partners and family to meet us there in cars and share the experience too.

RossObey01
12-05-2016, 06:04 PM
Agreed - I'll mention it to the Mrs once we get a date set. I imagine most of June is okay for me, although I'm still unsure when I will be taking the bike to Devon.

Mr Gazza
12-05-2016, 07:50 PM
Radar Run on the 14th is now cancelled.

Skeyton Goat Classic car show is still on Sun 15th...Hope to pop in.

Lets have one of our Sunday Lunch time meets at The Maltsters on the 22nd at 12 noon.
We could have a little run out afterwards if the weather and will is there.

A visit to East Ruston Vicarage is on the cards for June. It will be the weekend of the 11/12the at the earliest as the Duxford trip is on the 4th....Will look into opening times.

Thanks for the feedback on this thread...:mand:

RossObey01
21-05-2016, 12:20 PM
Any plans to set a date for the Vicarage ride out? Still 11/12th?

Mr Gazza
21-05-2016, 01:02 PM
Yes I have got plans to set a date Ross.

I won't do the 11th as that clashes with Cassington. So that leaves the 12th or the following weekend of 18th and 19th.

The 12th may be a special day at the Vicarage, but not sure if that's just a special evening do?..Will enquire.

Do folk prefer Saturdays or Sundays?...A Saturday might have less Sunday driver muppets? But not so good if you're working.

Thinking of doing this in lieu of the Teddy Bears Picnic ( The Vicar's Tea Party?).
My run will start in Thetford or possibly Mildenhall...Picking up at Watton, Dereham, Aylsham and North Walsham.

I think m'dear lady wife will be coming in the Yeti with Daughters, so we will have somewhere to stash helmets and stuff.

Let me know prefered dates if you're into this please folks...:biggrin:

iMOC
21-05-2016, 02:13 PM
Hey Gazza

Saturdays would be my preferred option, but I've been know to ride my bike on Sundays too :biggrin:

I can make 12th, or indeed the following weekend. Sunday 19th is Father's Day, so I don't know if that would have an impact on people who want to attend?

RossObey01
21-05-2016, 02:14 PM
I'd prefer 12th to the following weekend as I'm planning to take the Monster down to Devon for the rest of the summer, but don't set the date purely on my behalf.

My soon-to-be-Mrs will hopefully meet us there, too.

Mr Gazza
21-05-2016, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the heads up with Fathers day RonO...I've been caught out like that before.

Looking like the 12th is favorite so far....