PDA

View Full Version : 27th March - Saturday

JMo
27-02-2004, 10:35 AM
The DSC bunch are heading over to Moto Rapido in Winchester, and have suggested we join them, if only to see just how powerful their bikes are - on the dyno of course...

Plan to meet at Bury Hill for 10am, then take the twisty way over to Winchester, perhaps picking up a few stray Hampsters at West Meon on the way?

Hope to see you there - who knows, Smeegal may finally get that dyno run too!

xxx

webbyc
29-02-2004, 07:53 AM
Unfortunately we've had to restrict the dyno runs as first offered to DSC members, if there's any left over we may be able to fit some of you guys in.

Pedro
29-02-2004, 12:10 PM
Jen

if weather good, I'll see you at West Meon

Ped

JMo
16-03-2004, 08:39 PM
Plan to pick up the Hampsters at West Meon at 11am then... a quick cuppa, then about half an hour to Winchester from there. Would expect to be at Moto Rapido from midday onwards* for anyone wishing to go directly there.

*However, I can imagine the MOCers particulalry will need to fill their bellies at some point (as is their way!), so we would also plan to ride-out for lunch early afternoon...

xxx

Pedro
16-03-2004, 09:35 PM
Sounds like a plan Jen

See you there, weather permitting

Ped

robht
25-03-2004, 03:59 PM
Jenny,

Remembering Sunday's debacle...
I'll meet up at Bury!

Cheers,
Rob

Melnie Mouse
25-03-2004, 04:31 PM
WAHHHHHHHHHH I want to come too :(

Nigel C
25-03-2004, 05:53 PM
As i've already had my bike on a dyno this year and as my 12000ml is looming i'm going along tomorrow but dropping out of the dyno runs so if you want to put smeegal on the dyno jenny you can have my place :D

JMo
25-03-2004, 06:50 PM
Nigel - you champion! - thankyou! I know Webby said that if there was space Steve could probably do a Monny or two anyway, but as I missed out last time (Oct last year), I really apprieciate the offer - thankyou again xxx

So, see you guys at Bury Hill (and yes, I'll be there this time, promise!) 10am. Plan is to pick up Pedro en route at West Meon 11am, then get to Winny 11.30/midday-ish.

Weather report said it may be drizzly first thing, but would be better/brighter in the afternoon...

See you tomorrow...

xxx

Nigel C
26-03-2004, 07:16 PM
Thankyou for an enjoyable ride out despite the state of the roads and the nutter rice burners thanks for bumping my bike twice!! and richard for breaking my fall :) still don't know whats wrong with the bike but it's on charge overnight so i'll check in the morning

JMo
26-03-2004, 08:52 PM
Glad you enjoyed it Nigel - us Sussex Monsterites know a few nice roads don't we eh?!

Great day out despite the cold and drizzle - almost hooned on the way home infact, as it had dried a touch... rice burners (as Nigel mentions above) were indeed tossers - and almost bought it, maybe the incident will make him think in future??? - you hope...

As for Moto Rapido - great hospitality as ever guys (Mmmmmmm, donuts - see what you missed Boozy?!), and Smeegal got his dyno run at last...

...and guess what all you non-believers - it made 61.7bhp, and 40.4lb/ft torque, with a straight/smooth curve all the way up 9500rpm, and a flat torque curve right across the mid-range. That's nearly 2bhp more than standard (and more torque) even with a spagetti exhaust system that was knocked up in a shed in 24 hours - top work Andy Zorstec fella!!!

xxx

PS. Hope we get to see everyone again tomorrow - including new-boy Richard (DSC), even if it's only at the CMW parts counter, eh Nigel...?!

spacemonkey
27-03-2004, 08:26 AM
"...and guess what all you non-believers - it made 61.7bhp, and 40.4lb/ft torque,"

.....Sigh no more ladies, sigh no more, Men were deceivers ever...