PDA

View Full Version : Thanks :)

Bradders
02-05-2016, 02:36 PM
Just a quick thanks for the invite and making us feel welcome.

Nick was a bit hesitant, I didnt know many and she knew no one, and with me last minute not able to ride there were doubts...

Loved the venue, food was good, quiz was fantasy-tastic ;) and the banter mega.

Heres to more events and morer laughs. Oh an maybe a monster back in the garage ;)

Albie
02-05-2016, 03:42 PM
Just a quick thanks for the invite and making us feel welcome.

Nick was a bit hesitant, I didnt know many and she knew no one, and with me last minute not able to ride there were doubts...

Loved the venue, food was good, quiz was fantasy-tastic ;) and the banter mega.

Heres to more events and morer laughs. Oh an maybe a monster back in the garage ;)

Nice to see you again. Hope your backs getting better soon.

MrsC_772
02-05-2016, 09:30 PM
Glad you and Nick enjoyed yourselves, Bradders. Great to have some new faces at a Weekender as well as the regulars.

Thanks to everyone who came for making it a great Weekender, despite the weather.

Particular thanks are due to
-JP for leading the National Rideout - the small select band who braved the elements enjoyed the ride - I love the flowing bends of the Newtown to Crossgates A483 - and also for donating a couple of raffle prizes
-UKSurfer for leading the Brecons Bimble on Saturday - the highlight of my weekend, especially as the "guaranteed sunshine" shone on us all the way and we could even sit outside the Owls Nest Cafe
-BigOz for making the trophies - only fitting that he took one home for Bike of the Year;
-Slob for donating parts for the trophies, and for all his work keeping UKMOC running, battling the Bolognese bureaucracy etc;
-Char for telling me about the Hotel Metropole in the first place - all agreed it was an excellent venue for a Weekender, for riders and non riders alike;
-Scrapps for transporting raffle prizes & other Weekender stuff to Wales (and a few bits back from Wales);
-Oxford Products & Snells for donating raffle prizes;
-the staff at Hotel Metropole for looking after us so well and for even buying a few raffle tickets.