PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaaand I'm back (again)

Blah blah
26-04-2016, 08:55 PM
New (old) bike bought, courier booked, due here on Thursday, can't wait :biggrin:

It'll be my third monster, still no red ones or yellow ones though... Pictures when it arrives :bunny:

Albie
26-04-2016, 09:21 PM
Hello again

utopia
26-04-2016, 10:51 PM
Welcome back.

Nasher
27-04-2016, 08:20 AM
Blah, Blah

Hi, good to see you back in the fold.

Rest assured your old M900 is going really well, and receives plenty of love and affection, along with a bit of tinkering.

Nasher

slob
27-04-2016, 02:25 PM
welcome back (again)

Blah blah
27-04-2016, 05:52 PM
Blah, Blah

Hi, good to see you back in the fold.

Rest assured your old M900 is going really well, and receives plenty of love and affection, along with a bit of tinkering.

Nasher

Hopefully the 900 likes you... I don't think it liked me as it kept trying to put me in hedges when I wasn't fixing the starter ! :dizzy: That's about all I managed to do with it as I'd had enough of it by then...I've still got a picture of it on my phone though :biggrin:

Anyway, after browsing one of your latest threads I happened to have a quick look on another thread and there was a picture of a monster that someone was thinking of selling so I had a quick chat and bought it (it'll be here tomorrow)

Blah blah
28-04-2016, 07:27 PM
It's here !!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f142/AKJRAY/f449b6a4-527e-40e2-99d9-2a7bf704b19d_zpscnrgprdn.jpg (http://s46.photobucket.com/user/AKJRAY/media/f449b6a4-527e-40e2-99d9-2a7bf704b19d_zpscnrgprdn.jpg.html)

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f142/AKJRAY/P1040926_zpszikmhjs4.jpg (http://s46.photobucket.com/user/AKJRAY/media/P1040926_zpszikmhjs4.jpg.html)

Thanks for selling her to me Martin, she'll be well looked after and now the fun can resume..!

mart64
28-04-2016, 08:46 PM
It's here !!

Thanks for selling her to me Martin, she'll be well looked after and now the fun can resume..!

Your welcome Anthony its been a pleasure, be fab on your local roads !
Shame your not going to weekender as good contender for shiniest monster award .

Above all enjoy

Albie
28-04-2016, 09:02 PM
Oh well done on that great bike. Not surprised it wasn't taken up at all.

Scott1
29-04-2016, 06:25 PM
I had the pleasure of following Martin riding your new bike the other week on the fish and chip run, absolutely cracking bike, sounds awesome as well.

Blah blah
30-04-2016, 07:40 PM
I will start another thread when I've got some pictures, but after a quick 40 mile blat around the local roads my initial impressions are of my new S2R are...

... it feels sooooo small compared to the old CBR600
... the mirrors are rubbish, I can't see anything behind me
... It doesn't half fall into the slower corners, but my old M750 did the same the first time I rode her so must be a 'monster' thing and I'll get used to it
... After stopping and fiddling, the mirrors are still rubbish as all I can see now are my arms
... the engine is really really fit, great big globs of torque and picks up like nothing else I have ever ridden, it is without doubt a peach; it also makes a lovely noise on full chat
... the front brake needs plenty of advance warning if I need to stop in a hurry
... the mirrors are still rubbish, I tweaked them so I now look between my arm and my chest :eek: and they're a bit better (by better, I mean I can see something other than my arms, but not much of what's going on behind)
... I can't really feel what either end are doing and the front's not inspiring lots of confidence, but this isn't helped by Cornwall's idea of roads
... it changes direction ever so quick
... why am I doing license destroying speeds?????? I wasn't trying that hard and I was only in 4th..
... Kin L there's some grunt when you're getting a wiggle on

So, there you go, not sure what I expected but...... it's brilliant, best ride I have had on a motorcycle for some considerable time. I'm sooooo happy that she's mine and I cannot wait to go out again and make progress :look: down the A30 to Lands End on her :biggrin:

So, it came with a set of ST4S forks which are supposed to be good so they may find their way on to try to sort the front end out, I'll look to sort the rear shock, change the mirrors do a tail chop and swap the standard brakes for some 320 rotors with new calipers. But before that I need a tool to adjust the chain, a 46m socket so I can get the rear wheel off and new belts / filters so I can do a quick service and give it a good clean.

Happy days :)

Dirty
01-05-2016, 01:27 PM
Yay, Tail chop time :mand:

Blah blah
01-05-2016, 07:17 PM
Yay, Tail chop time :mand:

shhh... I don't think anyone else noticed that bit :look:

Albie
01-05-2016, 07:35 PM
Really pleased for you.

mart64
02-05-2016, 03:59 PM
Glad your enjoying yourself, yep mirrors are quirky elbows out look between gap!, I've just switched to bar end mirror see lot more 😀
Quick fix for front brakes try sintered pads, great grin factor in 3rd gear :biggrin: