PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - Registration Plate

Debsy Donut
22-04-2016, 03:21 PM
Hi Guys,

New member alert! :chuckle:

I was just wondering whether anyone had or knows the whereabouts of the registration plate: M 600 ROO?

According to the DVLA Website, it is/was on a Ducati Monster, but hasn't been taxed for some time.

It's the plate I am interested in, as my nickname is Roo and I have an M600, but if the bike were for sale at the same time, I could also be tempted :chuckle:

Thanks

RossObey01
22-04-2016, 03:29 PM
You might be able to message the DVLA to pass a message on? I know you can buy the details of the owner from the DVLA with the vehicle reg, not sure how much though. That's how those pesky private parking companies get our details and try to steal my money!

Dirty
22-04-2016, 06:23 PM
I found it was cheaper to change my name to HN03VHJ

Nottsbiker
22-04-2016, 07:10 PM
Lmao joker!

Darkness
22-04-2016, 07:37 PM
I found it was cheaper to change my name to HN03VHJ

There's only one of those too, so it's the same odds of finding it.

Dirty
22-04-2016, 09:08 PM

It's in my garage!!!

slob
22-04-2016, 09:57 PM

Now it's been on the Internet for a couple of hours it's probably been cloned all over the place, so the odds of finding it (on speed cameras everywhere) will have gone down considerably ;-)

Darkness
23-04-2016, 08:20 AM
It's in my garage!!!

Wow, how lucky is that........

Keep an eye out for next weeks lottery numbers next time you are in there. :biggrin:

Dirty
23-04-2016, 12:32 PM
Now it's been on the Internet for a couple of hours it's probably been cloned all over the place, so the odds of finding it (on speed cameras everywhere) will have gone down considerably ;-)

Any potential ne'er-do-well with half a brain and the slightest idea of how the internet works knows that every plate is on the net. They can, and do, use DVLA's own site to check it against manufacturer before bothering to make up a plate. I have no idea who owns HN03 VHJ but it has as much chance of being cloned as any other random plate you can think of. If you need a clone you go look for one on the road, it's far more effective.

That and the likelihood of anyone needing a clone plate of a 13 year old M600 makes it highly unlikely to have been compromised. Add the fact that I'm not stupid enough to risk putting my actual plate online despite the infinitesimal odds ;)

Mr Gazza
13-06-2016, 07:21 PM
Saw your advert for M600 ROO in the "Desmo" today...Any luck yet?

This one is close.

http://i68.tinypic.com/jab2tl.jpg

The man in the Tutu is our very own Flip..!!..:scratch:

Flip
13-06-2016, 07:39 PM
Indeed it is me ....muscling in on Ladies day at the Ace a few years ago.

The M600 GRR plate belonged to Sam (Collie Dog) who as far as I know still resides in Vegas (baby) with her hubby Simon (Fodder) along with their respective Monster and 900ss.

Not sure what happens to DVLA registrations when vehicles are exported?

Dirty
13-06-2016, 11:38 PM
If you don't ask to keep the plate on certificate then it disappears into the reg number ether. They may (probably will) regenerate it again one day and auction it off but who knows when.