PDA

View Full Version : nose fairing

westfieldandy
26-02-2004, 11:26 PM
I have a 97 m900 and have an original nose fairing to fit to it.
I would like to see one already fitted to a bike so that i can copy the mounting brackets.

Does anyone in the surrey sussex areas have such a bike that they would not mind me photographing etc

andy

JMo
27-02-2004, 11:23 AM
Andy - try and make it along to one of the meets in March - you should find at least one bike with a screen tro photograph, and you should also have a great day out riding too!

Hope to see you soon...

JennyMo

xxx

shenton
27-02-2004, 07:09 PM
Hi Andy,

My Bike is also a 97 and has a genuine ducati Nose Fairing Fitted. As luck would have it the fairing is off at the moment so I have shot three pictures for you to look at. One is of the fairing, so that you can verify that we are talking about the same thing. The other two show the brackets. Basically the brackets are a faily complex tubular affair that fixes to the clamp bolts on either side of the top yoke. Although not impossible to fabricate, I would scour the breakers and try to fine some genuine brackets if I were you. I see that you are just down the road in Hassocks, If you want to pop up to East Grinstead to look at the front end on my bike you're more than welcome.

Cheers

Russ

shenton
27-02-2004, 07:11 PM
Here's the general view of the front end.

Russ

shenton
27-02-2004, 07:13 PM
And the detail view of one of the brackets.

Russ

M900Dom
27-02-2004, 09:58 PM
Nice Paint scheme Russ;)

It matches My Crash helmet:D :D

Cheers
Dom

westfieldandy
27-02-2004, 10:55 PM
thanks for your help. I'll try and get along to a meet.

Russ, your fairing is exactly the same, I'd really like to blat up and take some measurements, Its been very difficult to get brackets from breakers. Can you call me or email your number to me
andy 01273 835473

JMo
28-02-2004, 01:15 AM
No problem - glad to see you're getting it sorted - although have you checked the price of new brackets from CMW (Melnie Mouse on the forum works there), or from Spareshack of course (10% discount for UKMOC members) - they might not be that expensive, and it would save you a bunch of hassle would it not?

BTW. I've moved this thread from the Sussex Events section, as that is solely for events - although top marks for deducing that might be a good place to contact someone from Sussex of course!

See you soon...

xxx

westfieldandy
05-03-2004, 09:00 PM
On your advice Russ I have made enquiries and have now purchased the brackets and a new screen

Thanks

Andy

shenton
06-03-2004, 02:41 PM
Hi Andy,

Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Who did you end up dealing with when buying the parts?

Russ

westfieldandy
07-03-2004, 10:56 PM
i phoned vee 2, on your advice.