PDA

View Full Version : Jorge to Ducati

Jonno
18-04-2016, 06:09 PM
Apparently it's now official. Didn't think I would ever say it, but I am actually pleased about it. Does anyone know who has lost thier ride? Dream team for 2016 - Lorenzo and Stoner?

peter
18-04-2016, 06:16 PM
With stoners love of jorge you may well be right.

Italiatwin
18-04-2016, 07:40 PM
Yourgay might be a bit to smooth for the Ducati ?
It's a very different animal to the supurb Yamaha.

sadbiker
20-04-2016, 06:00 AM
"Ducati and Jorge Lorenzo will join forces in 2017 and 2018 as they look to conquer the MotoGP™ World Championship.

Ducati announces that it has reached an agreement with Jorge Lorenzo thanks to which the Spanish rider will take part in the MotoGP™ World Championship in 2017 and 2018 aboard the Ducati Desmosedici GP of the Ducati Team.

Lorenzo, born in Palma de Mallorca on 4 May 1987, has won five world championship titles throughout his racing career (250cc in 2006 and 2007 and MotoGP™ in 2010, 2012 and 2015)."

Just spotted this on MotoGp Site from 2 days ago.

Question is who's going to Yamaha ?

pompone
20-04-2016, 06:21 AM
Yourgay might be a bit to smooth for the Ducati ?
It's a very different animal to the supurb Yamaha.

Hope that's just a typo...

pompone
20-04-2016, 06:25 AM
Question is who's going to Yamaha ?

My money would be on Vinales as opposed to Rins. That is if VR can stomach proper competition in the garage.

slob
20-04-2016, 08:28 AM
One red boot and one white one ain't going to stand out like they do at Yamaha ;-)

Does anyone know who has lost thier ride?
"We have not decided yet. First we wanted to ensure the signing of Lorenzo. Now we will wait to decide whether Iannone or Dovizioso stays. The two are exceptional and it will not be an easy choice. We have spoken to both of them and I don’t think the uncertainty over their future will affect them. We spoke with Jorge and does not care which one is his teammate.”
Paolo Ciabatti on MotoGP.com yesterday

With stoners love of jorge you may well be right.
Casey Stoner ‏@Official_CS27 Apr 18
I'm happy to welcome @lorenzo99 to the @DucatiMotor team for 2017! Looking forward to working together on the red machine!

My money would be on Vinales as opposed to Rins. That is if VR can stomach proper competition in the garage.
Agree about Vinales, VR shoud be used to competition in the garage after years with JL

bigredduke
20-04-2016, 12:13 PM
Vinales is ok but something of a Maverick.

Dirty
20-04-2016, 12:19 PM
It seems a shoe in that Marc will stay with Honda but I wonder if Yamaha have made any approach, I think they'd be crazy not to have at least tested the water. The most interesting potential move though, for me, is what happens to Dani. Will Honda offer him a new contract. Great rider but the last 2 seasons have seen a huge drop in form. He's a reasonably reliable No2 but I think they could do better, and I'm a Dani fan.

Casey Stoner ‏@Official_CS27 Apr 18
I'm happy to welcome @lorenzo99 to the @DucatiMotor team for 2017! Looking forward to working together on the red machine!

Amazing how Casey manages to convey 'gritted teeth' with only 140 characters!

Vinales is ok but something of a Maverick.

Someone get his coat! :)