PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a Corbin seat on M1100 or Evo ?

Italiatwin
15-04-2016, 10:03 AM
Guys

Before I shell out big bucks on a Corbin seat I need some feedback from someone who uses one.

Does it cure the wedding tackle issue ?
Seat height - higher or lower ?

Cheers

utopia
15-04-2016, 12:42 PM
I have one on my 750.
Not a great help I know, but I can tell you that it cures the plums issue nicely on my bike, so maybe that's the design philosophy on all of them.
Its also actually a much nicer seat to use, in my opinion .... firmer, but comfortable (and easier to shift your position on for cornering too).
Downsides are ... It weighs a ton. I think they must make them out of melted down Harley Davidsons !
Also mine has no toolkit compartment, so that has to be stashed elsewhere.
Despite that though (and the plucks in the leather from Albie's cat when he owned it previously) I like it and it has earned a permanent place on the bike.
Oh, and on my bike it lowers the seat height a little.

Italiatwin
15-04-2016, 03:44 PM
Utopia

Did you have a plums issue with the standard seat ?

utopia
15-04-2016, 06:11 PM
On the M750 ... yes.
And, for the record, the softer padding on the std seat was as much of a problem as the forward slope.
Initially though, my impression of the Corbin was that it was way too hard, and crudely heavy too.
They might not be everyone's cup of tea.
But after a bit of use, it has definitely earned a full time place on my bike (I initially bought it as a pillion swap option).

The main thing that I like about the Corbin is the smooth profile of the seat where it fits up against the tank.
Coupled with the firmness of the padding and the slightly slippery cover material, this makes it good for shifting your body position slightly for cornering.

An unexpected recent discovery was that the flatter profile of the rider's seating area allows you to slide back and adopt a bit of a crouch behind the screen, and the bum-stop hump is placed just about right for this position.
That's probably a bit of a coincidence on my bike, but its definitely less comfortable to adopt a speed crouch on the forward sloping, std seat.
Not that I do that much .. it took me a couple of years to notice it.

Some of the above may not necessarily apply to other models though.

And there are other options ... Sargent is another I've heard of.