PDA

View Full Version : Hi, new 620 owner from north wales

mattoldskool
14-04-2016, 06:45 AM
Hi everyone,
I've just purchased a very nice little 620 which I'm lovinG, so I thought I better find a good forum!
My previous bikes consist of a Harley 1200 custom, cbr600f, cb600f, street triple & an sv650.
Apart from the Harley which was just I little too laid back for me I've struggled to find something I love the look of but that also has some soul, until now.
I am a fairly quick rider in terms of carrying the speed so despite the 620 having half the hp of my previous bikes, the gorgeous sound & great delivery of torque makes it a ball to ride, I, as many others have more fun making slower bikes go fast than riding a fast bike slow!
My 620 has been very very very well looked after so isn't in need of much really, I'm going get a couple of nice exhausts, & fender eliminator. I'd also like to chop the top of the airbox but I believe in doing this I'll need a remap, & I'm not sure where does this round north wales. I also have an intermittent knock/click from the right fork leg on rebound which does seem to affect anything when riding & can only be heard when stopped & you compress & pull the front end up. I suspect this is a fault with the dampening rod but I'm not sure.
Anyway.
I'll hopefully get to talk with & possible meet some of you in the future!
Happy riding!
Matt

slob
14-04-2016, 08:44 AM
Hello and welcome, as luck would have it our annual weekender is in mid Wales in a couple of weeks, come on down

J.P
14-04-2016, 10:11 AM
Hello and welcome. As Slob says, why not try and hook up with other members here,

http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=52756&highlight=weekender

Dirty
14-04-2016, 11:09 AM
Hi and welcome

You won't find a better Monster forum :)

boris
14-04-2016, 12:14 PM
Welcome to a great Forum. The 620 is an excellent machine. I still have mine (June 2002) and these days use it sparingly. Used to be customised but now all back to standard, right down to the plastic bar plugs. I have a pair of Carbon Slip-On Termi's in the garage should your desire steer that way in the future..

mattoldskool
14-04-2016, 07:05 PM
Thankyou all for the warm welcome! Unfortunately I won't be able to make the weekender but sounds fantastic