PDA

View Full Version : Weekender - Sunday bike show

MrsC_772
13-04-2016, 05:08 PM
Andy and I have decided to include a new category for your votes for the Weekender bike show on Sunday 1 May

Just in case you're worried that this is a stitch up so that one of us can go home with a trophy, rest assured ....

the new category is "Cleanest Shiniest Monster"!

While some prize winning bikes at past Weekenders have benefitted from having a lot of money spent on them (mmm ... carbon & titanium) we thought it might be nice to reward someone (who in the best traditions of other Ducati forums) show their devotion to their bikes through the application of elbow grease & SDoc, and spend as much time polishing as riding.

MrsC_772 (owner of the ridden-all-year-round-in-all-weathers 50,500 mile ratty 696)

bigredduke
13-04-2016, 06:24 PM
Well that's just made Buzzbomb's day.

uksurfer
13-04-2016, 07:08 PM
I have a few categories you can borrow......

ridden not cleaned
I decided to wait till spring to strip and rebuild my bike and came in the car
smartest trailer
worst luggage idea
best collection of bent levers

:running:

bigredduke
13-04-2016, 08:57 PM
A few more:

Cleanest helmet (ooer Missus)

Most fly-spattered helmet (even more ooer Missus)

Weekender attendee with least amount of kit

Attendee least likely to go on the rideouts if wet (I stand a good chance for that award)

buzzbomb
13-04-2016, 09:56 PM
That last one is mine if you don't mind...:banghead:

Olde age is my excuse...:rolleyes:

Dirty
13-04-2016, 10:15 PM
Oldest tyres
Most dings

NewMon
17-04-2016, 05:45 PM
I have some suggestions for competition categories (that I stand a chance of winning):

Oldest monster still wearing standard cans.
Most badly flaking engine paint.

Ridden not cleaned is a good one uksurfer, but I blew it today when I cleaned the old dear. Standing next to the Panigale, she was looking a bit sorry so I had to. Then went for a ride to remind myself why I love the Monster.

AndyC_772
22-04-2016, 07:54 PM
I have some suggestions for competition categories (that I stand a chance of winning):

Most badly flaking engine paint.

A chance, perhaps, but not a big one! Despite having led a sheltered life in a garage for most of its formative years, my 695 decided it was time to shed most of its engine paint not long after I bought it :banghead:

Do they all do that?

slob
22-04-2016, 08:12 PM
si, cosi fan tuti

MrsC_772
02-05-2016, 08:45 PM
I think uksurfer must have been clairvoyant!

After the National Rideout on Sunday morning (great roads - the A483 Newtown to Crossgates always brings a smile to my face - but absolutely filthy weather and a lot of mud on the road) the consensus was that there was no point awarding a trophy for cleanest shiniest Monster.

Most voters therefore decided to go for filthiest dirtiest Monster.

And for the first time at any UKMOC event, my own bike was not the obvious winner of such an award!

The winner was ... Rollo. It was a close run thing but the for the judge's casting vote, it was the arse-print stencilled in mud on the seat which clinched it.

The other prize winners were:

Best Modified Monster - mart64
Best Classic Shape Monster - Tom from Belgium
Best 2nd Generation Monster - UKsurfer
Best New Shape Monster - Olivier
Bike of the Year - BigOz

Congratulations to all the winners. :thumbsup:

uksurfer
02-05-2016, 08:52 PM
:ukm:

Great prizes, we'll done and thanks to BigOz for my trophy

LouSCannon
04-05-2016, 08:00 AM
All sounds like a great weekender... anyone take photos of the winning bikes???