PDA

View Full Version : M600 brakelight swtich peg

SpeakForYou
12-04-2016, 05:08 PM
Bought new levers for the bike but when I took thw brake lever off, the wee peg for the brake light switch dropped out and now I cant find it in my garage. Is there anywhere I can buy the pegs or do I need to by a new switch?

Dirty
12-04-2016, 08:30 PM
Do you mean the little round thing? That happened to me too. I made a new one out of a bit of plastic rod I found lying about. Had to experiment with the size but wasn't too difficult.

Of course a few months later I found the original. I've put it somewhere safe but to be honest that means it's more lost than when it was on the garage floor!

SpeakForYou
12-04-2016, 10:17 PM
Haha, you think you'd be able to buy a bag of them I mean lets be honest, who hasn't lost them. This is my 2nd i've lost.

Darren69
13-04-2016, 04:35 AM
Yep, mine fell out but I managed to find it on the floor. Someone on here made one from one of those large plastic cocktail stirrers, I think they are exactly the same diameter. I think the replacement switches come with one in the pack but I don't think you can buy them otherwise.

Dirty
13-04-2016, 10:50 AM
Yep, mine fell out but I managed to find it on the floor. Someone on here made one from one of those large plastic cocktail stirrers, I think they are exactly the same diameter. I think the replacement switches come with one in the pack but I don't think you can buy them otherwise.

A pimms stirrer apparently. But they had to make do with a red one as there were no faster yellow ones available :)

I used the middle of a noticeboard pin, others have used bits of biro.

Anyway a load of info on the subject here (http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=49440), inc link to the reasonably priced RS components replacement switch

Darren69
13-04-2016, 10:55 AM
Oh Pimms you say, by 'eck lad we don't drink that stuff up here, ya know! We're northerners :)

Dirty
13-04-2016, 11:39 AM
Oh Pimms you say, by 'eck lad we don't drink that stuff up here, ya know! We're northerners :)

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=48179&

Doesn't brown ale come with a similar stirring apparatus? :spin:

utopia
13-04-2016, 11:56 AM
Doesn't brown ale come with a similar stirring apparatus? :spin:

Nah .... that's what clog dancing is for.

SpeakForYou
13-04-2016, 12:52 PM
Thanks guys, if I knew a Pimms cocktail stirrer or a bit from a ballpoint pen would work it would have saved me £30 last time haha

utopia
13-04-2016, 01:51 PM
I've just had mine apart, as it happens.
I can tell you that the std plastic pin is 0.200 in (5.08 mm) long and the diameter is 0.207 in (5.26 mm).
There is also a small flat down its length which reduces its width to 0.198 in (5.03 mm) and is about 2mm wide.
Dunno what that's for. It could be relevant or just a manufacturing foible ....??
The ends of the pin are square, not rounded.

SpeakForYou
13-04-2016, 10:04 PM
Thanks Utopia, will come in handy. Since I was ill on Monday and couldn't have a proper look, I though I'd try today. Found the peg (suprisingly not at the other end of the garage) stuck it back in, moved the switch slightly, put new brake lever on, tested it, light works before I've pulled a stoppie, took out the sump plug to refit the washer I forgot during it's service (fed up with oil and sawdust patchs on the floor) and removed the front wheel all before dinner haha.