PDA

View Full Version : M796 O2 eliminators

Rmstu
08-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Hi all,
I recently bought 02 eliminators the first set didn't work got posted a second set they didn't work either, very very helpful ebayer I've received a refund so just wondering any localish to warrington,cheshire, monster owners wanna come give them ago as they won't work on mine for some easy reason. Me and the seller haven't got a clue why, so someone else might as well try.
This stu

Ron1000
22-09-2016, 06:56 PM
Thread resurrection.

I've got round to fitting my o2 eliminators on an 1100 evo. They don't work on mine. If anyone wants them to try I'll send them on for free.

mgrover
30-09-2016, 08:27 AM
seems easier to get remap done from Neil at Cornerspeed.

buzzbomb
30-09-2016, 12:39 PM
When you say they don't work what do you mean?

I've fitted both of my bikes with the kits from that eBay seller which gets rid of the o2 plugs and the wires, had the ecu reflashed (rexxer) and all is working perfectly.

Mike at DM has reflashed many ecu's with great results so give him a call.

chris.p
30-09-2016, 06:51 PM
When you say they don't work what do you mean?

I've fitted both of my bikes with the kits from that eBay seller which gets rid of the o2 plugs and the wires, had the ecu reflashed (rexxer) and all is working perfectly.

Mike at DM has reflashed many ecu's with great results so give him a call.

Not sure why you would need the o2 eliminators as the Rexxer Flash iliminates the need for them.

Ron1000
30-09-2016, 10:02 PM
My setup is DP ECU with air filter and termis. My understanding is that the DP ECU does not bypass the o2's.

I simply unplugged the o2's and plugged in the eliminators, after that the EML is on permanently.

chris.p
30-09-2016, 10:27 PM
My setup is DP ECU with air filter and termis. My understanding is that the DP ECU does not bypass the o2's.

I simply unplugged the o2's and plugged in the eliminators, after that the EML is on permanently.

On your bike, that is correct, but on Buzzbombs, he had the Rexxer flash, this eliminates the need for o2 eliminators as it sorts them out. Also if you had the Rexxer flash on yours it will improve the bikes engine even more.

buzzbomb
01-10-2016, 07:25 AM
Not sure why you would need the o2 eliminators as the Rexxer Flash iliminates the need for them.

Chris I removed the o2 eliminators purely to clean up the pipes and get rid of the wires.

The eBay seller will sell you the threaded plugs and washers separately which work out cheaper than the kits.

chris.p
01-10-2016, 02:35 PM
Ooops, misread your post Buzzbomb, mixed up my o2 eliminator with my o2 plugs, doh!!!