PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Monster Risers

sparkyman
06-04-2016, 12:27 PM
Hi All,

Searching for some taller handlebar risers to replace the standard (50mm) items on my 2000 M900.

The clamp bolts pass through the clamps/risers and screw directly into the top yoke.

Have seen the "adaptor" type of insert, with the 22mm half-moon, but was looking for something better & a complete riser assembly, or a simpler insert to fit underneath the existing riser.

New to the Ducati world, so I'm sure there will be some nice CNC out there - was wondering if anybody could offer any links or leads etc ?

Thanks

FLATTOP
06-04-2016, 01:18 PM
Hi Sparky welcome to the forum and UKMOC.

I have used these guys for risers on my present M1000 and previously my M900 even with the postage from the USA it worked out cheaper than purchasing in the UK, they are very good quality and they do the job well no need for any alterations just fit and go about a ten minute job.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=271892356225&globalID=EBAY-GB

RossObey01
06-04-2016, 02:22 PM
It does say on the eBay article models from 2002 onward though. I'm not after the risers, but will this still fit a 2000 model?

FLATTOP
06-04-2016, 02:47 PM
I did notice that Ross after I posted the link but my M1000 is 2004 and my M900 was a 98 and they both were identical handle bar set ups I suppose an enquiry could be sent to Slingshot Racing before purchase.

sparkyman
06-04-2016, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the welcome & Link

I'm trying to avoid the 22mm "adaptor" type, trying to find a complete CNC assembly, or higher 2-Bolt risers.

Must be somebody out there machining something a bit "tricker" ?

My local bike shop has 22mm adaptor types, marketed by Bike-It. They have a number of additional shims included to get height incrementals. Finish was good and only £32 a set....

....but again, not what I was really looking for

Thanks for your help though - this is my first Ducati, so lots to learn !

Flip
06-04-2016, 05:45 PM
Welcome to the world of Monsters!!

Why not go for different profile handlebars giving more rise?

The likes of Renthal do them for about the same price as a pair of risers although beware that anything you do to raise the controls there is the limiting factor of brake lines, speedo drive (depending on your year) and throttle cables etc.

Obviously it can all be 'got around' with additional cost and work but worth bearing in mind.

sparkyman
06-04-2016, 08:06 PM
...Hadn't thought of that, but wondering if just a different set of bars would be enough ?

Issue I have is previous owner has modded the Monster, removed the rear subframe and jacked the seat up by a few inches. net result, with standard bars, is I'm stooping over the front of the bike.

The mods are good (not bodged) and the seat height suits me perfectly, but I need to be seated more upright, as I don't care for the semi-prone position.

I'll check out the Renthal site to see what's available

Thanks for the thought !

Flip
06-04-2016, 08:27 PM
Firstly are you 100% certain that it has the standard bars fitted still?

Also the later standard bars had a bit of a 'turn down' at the grip end which to me seems a little un-natural to hold so if that is the case you may not need quite the rise you might think, just a different profile.

But yes Renthal do some with a quite an extreme rise along with everything in between to play around with:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-Renthal-Road-Bike-High-Motorcycle-Handlebars-7-8-756-01-BK-/400982384795?hash=item5d5c69a09b:i:400982384795

sparkyman
06-04-2016, 08:55 PM
Not 100% sure, but bike came with a box of original parts and everything can be accounted for, but no other handlebars so I'm assuming what's fitted are standard.

I've studied the Renthal options and now need to measure what's fitted to see what higher options Renthal have.

Thanks for your help - could prove to be the answer.

Mr Gazza
06-04-2016, 09:40 PM
Welcome to the club matey..

Not a Yellow M900Sie from a fellow called Joe, by any chance?

Post up some pictures.

Nottsbiker
07-04-2016, 10:07 PM
Try;

http://www.ima-specialparts.com/eng/m/