PDA

View Full Version : SPOILER: Moto GP

italianjob
05-04-2016, 07:10 AM
So, after a disastrous Moto GP for Ducati this weekend, any thoughts on the rumours that Stoner is going to make a comeback next year ? There is also the other rumour that Lorenzo is going to Ducati in 2017....
Idle gossip or is there any truth do we reckon ???? :scratch:

Dirty
05-04-2016, 03:00 PM
It's true both are rumours :mand:

Also heard Stoner might do a race or 2 this year on one of the satellite Dukes

NewMon
05-04-2016, 06:33 PM
Stoner has said he is not returning to racing. Lorenzo is only going to Ducati if they dosh him up senseless. I reckon he likes the money more than the racing. Don't get me wrong, I hope both things happen but they are silly season rumours...

Some other rumours I hope are true:
Cal is going to get a factory Honda ride next year.
These guys will be in moto2: http://www.gizmag.com/motoinno-ts3-motorcycle-suspension-steering-moto2/42378/

slob
05-04-2016, 07:46 PM
that'd be one wide bike with a cbr6 in it

...or long

pompone
05-04-2016, 09:41 PM
Stoner won't be coming back full time, period. On top of that he's already made clear that for any wild card to happen he wants a GP16. Crutchlow is very unlikely to land the Factory Honda: too many better riders than him around..

Ursa
05-04-2016, 09:57 PM
Alex Rins I think is tipped for the other Honda seat. Especially now that Marquez junior isn't getting results.

Dirty
05-04-2016, 10:21 PM
I agree, Stoner won't take a full time ride. it's unlikely but not impossible that Ducati would give him a 16 to ride in satellite colours. I doubt they'd want him beating the factory team though. Seems to me they have just employed him as eye candy, he's hardly even tested the bike.

Cal on a factory Honda! Now that would be a good April fool! :)

pompone
06-04-2016, 08:02 AM
Seems to me they have just employed him as eye candy, he's hardly even tested the bike.

Stoner has already done more testing time in 3 months than he did all last year with Honda. He's said numerous times he's enjoying this role (no doubt in part because Preziosi is not longer there and Dall'Igna has a different approach..)

NewMon
06-04-2016, 09:01 AM

And that is exactly why I made up that rumour! :-)

Dirty
06-04-2016, 08:52 PM
Stoner has already done more testing time in 3 months than he did all last year with Honda. He's said numerous times he's enjoying this role (no doubt in part because Preziosi is not longer there and Dall'Igna has a different approach..)

That wouldn't be hard, I don't think he even got on the Honda last year. This year so far I heard he had done 1 session, and it was wet!

pompone
06-04-2016, 10:20 PM
That wouldn't be hard, I don't think he even got on the Honda last year. This year so far I heard he had done 1 session, and it was wet!

He did the full sepang test with everyone else and Qatar on his own a couple of weeks back. He should have done it before the start of the season but Dorna rules dictate you can't test within 2 weeks prior to a race taking place, so they had to move it. Someone at Ducati messed it up..
Last year on the Honda he was concentrating on the Suzuka 8H, where he had a very public fall out with Honda, hence him leaving that gig.

italianjob
07-04-2016, 09:39 AM
Perhaps Rossi is behind the Lorenzo to Ducati rumours ? He likes to play mind games......