PDA

View Full Version : UK to Spain bike transfer (return)

Saint aka ML
03-04-2016, 07:06 PM
Can anyone recommend a company that i could use to ship my bike to Spain for holiday?

Preferably London to Bilbao or that area.

rollo22
03-04-2016, 08:08 PM
Try any of the track company's that go to Spain.

Saint aka ML
03-04-2016, 08:16 PM
I want company that does that for living not random trucker.

Found one that looks good but they do only from Manchaster

Davy
03-04-2016, 08:47 PM
There's a guy on the BMW ukgser site I think he's called Phil gunn. does this for a living I'll see if I an get some contact info for you if you want.

slob
03-04-2016, 09:17 PM
companies that ship bikes for trackdays most definitely are professionals. the economy of scale provides the value when they ship 100 bikes at a time. you'd still need to get your bike to their depot (swindon and derby spring to mind) and you'd have to fit their schedule. if you want someone to collect/deliver your bike in london, i suspect it might be cheaper to buy a bike in spain and sell it before you come home. why not just get a plymouth santander ferry?
... or pm mattbatt on the forum

Saint aka ML
03-04-2016, 09:44 PM
I will PM Mattbatt. Thx

Well I prefer my bike on holiday over rental or buy/sell where sale might be a problem.

Ferry is an option but that way I loose 2 days and it is quite expensive still biggest problem ferry fully booked on return day :/

Exploring auto train but fact you need to leave vehicle and take another train....

Shipping it there in advance sounds like best option.

What are those track day companies you speak off?

Saint aka ML
03-04-2016, 09:46 PM
You sure it's mattbatt?

Dirty
03-04-2016, 10:52 PM
DHL? :mand:

slob
04-04-2016, 04:31 AM
no, it's matbat but autocomplete is your friend
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=51744

no limits use
http://www.davidhathaway.co.uk/
based in wooton basset, every other trackday company has someone similar

follow up on davy's suggestion too?

J.P
04-04-2016, 07:30 AM
I know a man who can be hired at short notice for special events and arrangements, but I'm not sure he's keen to do it all again :)

Stinger101
04-04-2016, 07:31 AM
Tracksense (a European track day organiser) also load and ship from Sandy in Bedfordshire if that's useful to you.

slob
04-04-2016, 10:26 AM
I know a man who can be hired at short notice for special events and arrangements, but I'm not sure he's keen to do it all again :)

4 days/nights, 2 van hires, 2x chunnel... gonna be expensive AND he's 'some random trucker'

jonzi
04-04-2016, 10:52 AM
Tracksense (a European track day organiser) also load and ship from Sandy in Bedfordshire if that's useful to you.

Doubt they would do it.

They run out of truck space before they sell out of track space

markr90
04-04-2016, 02:42 PM
Can reccomend:

Ex TT legend

Chas Mortimer: http://www.chasmortimer.co.uk/,

He has moved my bikes backwards and forwards to France for the last few years, and my cousins bikes to Spain, decent rates and a great service...he collects.

Genrally has vans going all over Europe in the summer months.

No connection at all just a satisfied customer.

Cheers mark

Saint aka ML
04-04-2016, 03:15 PM
Thx all for suggestions, keep em coming.

J.P
05-04-2016, 08:07 AM
On FB there are a couple of UK companies I've come across,
Foyle Logistics and Moving Motorcyles
They maybe able to help, or suggest where to look.

Char
05-04-2016, 02:58 PM
you say you've investigated ferries - we are going in July to Santander then back through France and catching the Le Havre - Portsmouth crossing

I think 24 hours from Portsmouth to Spain with your bike and belongings is pretty good tbh

It may be worth ringing their customer services - I managed to squeeze into the 'economy' sailing that was showing full on line

Price was reasonable and under £500.00 for two bikes and two people for both crossings and cabins.