PDA

View Full Version : Abba Stands

iMOC
01-04-2016, 08:57 PM
Anyone used an Abba Stand for their monster? They get good reviews, but just curious if anyone here may have used them

http://www.abbastands.co.uk

bigredduke
01-04-2016, 09:30 PM
My Paul Smart is perched on one all of of the time when in the garage. Very easy to use & very stable although the fittings are spigots which fit into the swingarm bolts.

I haven't needed to use it for the Monster yet though the fittings are cups which go over the swingarm bolt heads which seem less secure to my mind.

Papa
02-04-2016, 04:34 AM
Yep _ excellent stand, and excellent customer service too!

Darren69
02-04-2016, 06:32 AM
+1 for the Abba. I have one for mine. 2 pins fit into the hollow swingarm spindle, making it very secure and easy to use. Much safer and easier than paddock stands especially on your own. No danger of the bike falling. I also have the front lift arm, but I've not used it yet but I plan on swapping out the front disks shortly so will use it then.

Dave G
02-04-2016, 08:10 AM
Used them for decades. Great things.

Dennis menace
02-04-2016, 10:44 AM
I have one and it is excellent. Make sure you get the right frame adapters though. I purchased some on Ebay described as: "for a Monster" and they were not right.; an expensive mistake. Also, I had to trim the corners of the feet slightly to get the Abba stand on my bike lift/table. My lift table is 675mm wide.

Darren69
02-04-2016, 11:12 AM
Yea, and if you've got aftermarket rearsets with different foot control levers,just be aware and make sure they don't foul the vertical part of the stand when you lift it. Because the toe pegs on mine are eccentric they were too wide, well the brake one was just a little bit to wide and got pushed passed its maximum travel and bent very slightly.

Martin Duke
02-04-2016, 08:38 PM
Anyone used an Abba Stand for their monster? They get good reviews, but just curious if anyone here may have used them

http://www.abbastands.co.uk

Yes, I have both the superbike stand and the front lift - much better and more secure than a paddock stand. Easy to have both wheels out, perfect for oil changes, cleaning and lubing the chain etc. No complaints at all! :gromit:

SteveK
07-04-2016, 07:41 PM
Yep good stands. Not as quick as paddock stands but a bit more useful. Word to the wise don't fettle your bike on one whilst drinking whiskey and coke cos it'll end in (expensive) tears - but that ain't the stands fault. If you can stretch to the skylift thingy get one.

Wildfire
08-04-2016, 04:38 PM
I have an Abba stand going spare if anyone is interested? Just the standard pins though.

BLUNT
08-04-2016, 04:49 PM
Nobody has stated the real advantage of the Abba stand - you can remove the rear shock which you can't do with a paddock stand.

MarkF
08-04-2016, 06:12 PM
Actually the real advantage is in my packed garage I can have the rear wheel touching the garage door and the abba stand raises it forward, with my rear paddock stand I had to have the bike much further forward before, taking up more garage space ;)

Darren69
09-04-2016, 06:01 AM
Nobody has stated the real advantage of the Abba stand - you can remove the rear shock which you can't do with a paddock stand.

They do an adapter kit that allows you to remove the swing arm as well I believe, fits on the foot peg mounts.

BLUNT
09-04-2016, 07:11 AM
A good tip Darren - I didn't know that but looks good.

Also, if anyone fits their own tyres I can recommend the Abba tyre bead breaker and wheel balancer which I've used for years.

utopia
09-04-2016, 11:21 AM
Also, if anyone fits their own tyres I can recommend the Abba tyre bead breaker and wheel balancer which I've used for years.

Thanks for the bead breaker tip.
As for the balancer though, I've just bought this kit which fits in my paddock stand.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320855755115?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Its not only cheaper than buying a dedicated balancer stand ... it also has the advantage of taking up much less storage space in the shed.
Works very well too.
Sorry for semi-hijack.

BLUNT
09-04-2016, 11:49 AM
Utopia, that does look like a bargain wheel balancer with genuine low friction shielded bearings so should be good.

If anyone is interested in fitting their own tyres I advise them to stock up on real lead wheel weights while they are still available as the environmentlal do-gooders want them banned. They are still on ebay at moment.