PDA

View Full Version : M600 advice please!

smudger64
29-03-2016, 06:53 PM
Hi
Wondered what the opinion on here as to what to with my bike. Have owned a 1994 M600 for the past year (brought from another member here) and absolutely I love it. However it is just too small to do any thing other than a blast around the block. I'm 6'1" and it looks like my mum shrunk it in the wash, so despite the fact I really don't want to, I'm considering selling it. I have nowhere to keep it off the road and I want it to be used rather than just sit there. I also want it to go to a good home! Its been beautifully rebuilt and hasn't missed a beat since I brought it.

Problem is this, firstly I've added some termignonis, (sounds fantastic!), and a more comfortable seat, plus a number of other smaller bits. Oil temp, bar ends, seat cowling etc etc. However the bike was blown over recently and fell against a wall denting the tank. This is the only thing wrong with an otherwise perfect Monster.

Do i take the exhausts and seat off and sell separately and/or fix the tank before selling, or just sell it as it is? If I fix the tank, any suggestions for a decent place in South Essex to go?

Thanks......

Nickj
29-03-2016, 07:47 PM
Parts like pipes etc usually add very little to the price you'll get for the bike, generally you can get more for them when sold separately.
If you have the old parts put them back and and offer the buyer the option of buying the cool extras, if they don't want them I bet there are people here who do!

The termis would probably fit 600/750/900 with the right adaptor so the market is good for them

popelli
30-03-2016, 04:56 AM
silencers for 600/750/900 interchange and there is a ready market on flea bay to sell these - and you can probably get the same money and avoid commission and ebay grief by advertising them on a suitable forum / owners club website

smudger64
04-04-2016, 04:27 PM
Thanks chaps, I'll be selling the pipes (someone has first dibs) and seat. Any thoughts about a decent spray shop in Essex?
Thanks

popelli
05-04-2016, 04:52 AM
any pics of the seat?

Dennis menace
06-04-2016, 05:56 PM
" I'm 6'1" and it looks like my mum shrunk it in the wash, so despite the fact I really don't want to, I'm considering selling it. "

And I'm the bloke you bought it off and I'm 5' 1" on a good day!
I am glad you enjoyed the bike.
I can vouch for the fact that the bike was completely stripped, I had the frame powder coated and stainless cap screws everywhere, new tyres, AMG battery, new carbs and cables. It is a great bike for someone who is verticaly challenged and you may still have the lowered seat I included.