PDA

View Full Version : Rear pipe fitting on s4rs ?

mark_biddle
25-03-2016, 10:41 AM
Hello, I have got a termi system to replace the standard system on my s4rs. Been out in the garage this morning and got the standard system off. Now I am trying to get the termi system on and I can't seem to get the rear manifold to head part on as the suspension rocker is in the way. I have tried ratchet straps round the frame and rear wheel to compress the suspension but I just can't get that last bit to get the manifold on. Any bright ideas ? Do I have to take the suspension rocker off ?

Albie
25-03-2016, 11:10 AM
It's difficult but I know I managed it when I put the shotgun system from an s4r on to my converted rear swingarm s4.

rollo22
25-03-2016, 02:10 PM
The way to do it is to remove the bolt from the rocker after hanging the bike from the rafters Its also is a good opportunity to grease the bolt as probably a bit on the dry side.

mark_biddle
25-03-2016, 07:35 PM
Thanks, sadly I can't do the rafter trick as my garage has a plasterboard ceiling. I have tried a jack under the engine while on paddock stand but still no joy. Time to leave it alone and leave it be I think.

Mr Gazza
25-03-2016, 07:50 PM
http://i65.tinypic.com/4sgzg9.jpg

Dirty
26-03-2016, 12:19 PM
I hang mine from underneath a large step ladder

Darren69
26-03-2016, 02:48 PM
I use one of these:-

http://abbastands.co.uk/gallery.asp?topic=ducati&id=6

I think they're £100 for the basic stand. A handy bit of kit, fit in minutes and very secure.

buzzbomb
26-03-2016, 05:54 PM
Mark it's along time ago but I don't remember having to undo the rocker on either my tricolore which I fitted a Spark decat or the Arrow full system that was on my S4Rt, it's very fiddly but it can be done and btw it's very hard to get the two termi cans to line up.

mark_biddle
27-03-2016, 09:25 AM
Thanks for replies gents I will crack on with it then and hopefully get it done. I have also noticed the termi system has nowhere for the lambda sensor to go. I have the new Ecu with the system, do you just leave it off ? Thanks