PDA

View Full Version : Rizoma 009 handle bars... Any cable problems ?

Italiatwin
17-03-2016, 07:10 AM
I am fitting these bars today, has anyone had any experience fitting these ?
I am wondering if I will have any cable issues, the throttle cable looks a little short.

Jonno
17-03-2016, 06:24 PM
I have 60mm Rizoma risers and Rizoma bar in my M1000, which I think makes it higher higher than the Evo. Done on the stock throttle cable but it did need re routing which was a pain. All else fitted fine and I drilled the bar ok.

Italiatwin
17-03-2016, 08:51 PM
All done and fitted ������. Different bike ������

fastnfat
16-06-2016, 06:12 AM
All done and fitted ������. Different bike ������

Did you need to modify the throttle cable or brake and clutch lines or was it a straight swap?

Italiatwin
16-06-2016, 06:26 AM
No mods needed but it is very tight. All ok though.
Let's put it this way, if I wanted to go any higher I would have to start extending things

buzzbomb
16-06-2016, 07:28 AM
I've installed Rizoma bars on evo1100 monsters and never had to exchange any wiring or pipe work but what I have done is rerouted and teased the wiring to reach the new position.
It's up to you but I never drill the new bars as finding the right position can be a night mare so I carefully dremel the small round lugs and wrap the bars in the area were the switch gear go's with tape and have never had a problem with the switches moving.
Best of luck and be aware of the switches touching the tank panels you just might have to adjust the steering stops.